Some people just are never happy and love to complain

garycarla

I think his wife taped it without him knowing as grounds for divorce. ;)

He seems to be... Just clicking the YouTube link in on the video takes you to his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIzTk4Ep8MsTLR3IpKBqjQ

There are many FUNNY comments in this thread so far.

As to the idiot in the video - NLC should just ban him from future cruises.

Many of the cruiselines have been know to do that. Some people think it is a challenge to carry on like this, complain and ask for free stuff.

Kick them to the shore - NOW!

I'm certain that same guy was sitting at the table next to us on the Carnival Breeze in April. He did nothing but complain about the steak and then the dessert and wanted to be comped a meal in the steak house. I don't know the result, we ate and left as quickly as we could.

I loathe the entitlement attitude. Reminds me of our recent cruise, me and another poster has the EXACT same issue and were comped similarly....I came away from the issue an NCL fan for life and the other poster swears to never cruise NCL again. Mistakes happen, no one is perfect.

If the guy in the video had his anniversary ruined because of the FREE cake...he needs a serious reality check. To quote George Takei "you, sir, are a douche"

OMG. I hate this guy. I know these types. They think they know everything and nothing is ever good enough.

If I had been sitting next to them I would have wanted to tell him to shut his trap. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Speaking of complaining, I found a youtube video of a guy and his wife who are complaining on the Getaway about their food. Prepare to cringe.

XEvUhEJwk5o

All this over a cake??????? He's complained every nite and they all agreed with him?

His life is ruined...he didn't like the cake. :rolleyes:

It has always been amazing to me how people expect the Ritz -Carlton or Four Seasons when they go to a Holiday Inn or Sheraton/ Hilton..I am both an avid cruiser ( 30 cruises on RCI, NCL,CCL,HAL,Celebrity, Princess & Disney) and I've been a cruise agent for 17 years ...When my wife & I started cruising regularly in 1995, we learned quickly that the MDR food was usually average/ fair to sometimes good/ pretty good, sometimes pretty bad, but mostly we found it "edable" or "decent" ..when alternative restaurants starting coming out around 2000/2001, we tried on the NCL Sun Le Bistro ( TWICE @ $15 pp then), Teppanyaki ($15 pp) and Il Adaggio ( $10 pp)..we LOVED all 4 nights dining in these MUCH better venues..now, we always try the specialty venues on all ships and guess what?? ALL have been from a B+ to an A+ in grades..all 50+ times we have dined...

I have a saying: If you want to eat, go to the buffet..if you want to eat better, go to the MDR...if you want to DINE, & enjoy your meal & make it special, go to a specialty restaurant..sad, but true..here's another example: have you ever gone to a wedding and found the catered food mediocre?? I find that 90% of the weddings/ bar-mitzvahs, etc., I've gone to in my life had food that was MEDIOCRE- so, if cooking for 150-200 people results in mediocre food, imagine cooking for 2000-6000+ !! Food is soooo subjective, isn't it? What I like, my wife hates, and sometimes visa versa..she hates lobster & shrimp, and I love it..

This guy should go cruise on Crystal or Seabourn or Oceania if he wants Ruth Chris or Morton's type steaks..and pay $40-50 PER steak with NO sides, no appetizers, NO NOTHING...and pay about $ 6000-10,000 for a cruise for 2 instead of $1500-3000 for 2 for a normal balcony...how can it be that all 30 cruises we've taken have been terrific? Sure, some were better than others , and there were some issues on a few, but you get that even at a $1000 per night room in Paris or London...I look at it this way: first- I'm on a CRUISE VACATION!!!! NO work, no cooking, no cleaning, no conference calls, no spreadsheets, no checking VM or e-mails ( company ones!!) , and the only decisions I have to make daily are what drink to order, what do on the CARIBBEAN ISLAND I will be visiting, what food to order, what show / entertainment to see tonight, and what adventure will take place when I LOUNGE on my private verandah anytime during the day or night? Tough decisions, huh? I mean some people need to take a chill pill & RELAX..it is right what many of you say- some people will ALWAYS complain about something and NEVER be happy..If you don't like cruising, go stand on an airport security line showing your ID 3-4x and taking your clothes off, then flying XX hours to wherever where you will pay $$ for meals, entertainment ( IF they have any!!),ridiculous prices for drinks and constantly have to decide where to go, where to eat, etc...No thanks, this CRUISE BOY will still go cruisin!!

Big Al

Can you imagine how hard it must have been for the two NCL guys not just to beat the living c... Out of this moron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking.

How about a Code Oscar!

Really felt bad for the waitstaff on that video. He is just trying to keep his professionalism in seeing how he can please this guy, but you can see with the guy there was no pleasing him. He is one of those that just wanted to complain while making a scene.

Was glad to hear some people in the background trying to come to help for the waitstaff though.

And it is even worse on the second video where the waitstaff felt they had to taste it. Just to try to appease him!

Edited by GalCruzer

The wife is just as bad, arguing with other passengers who were saying that the food was good.

These are the kinds of people who love to complain, raise a stink, cause a scene and the proof of that is that the wife is videotaping the whole thing. Who does that?! Glad they aren't on MY cruise! Or at least if they are, we don't have to share a table with them for the entire time. :eek:

I was joking - missed anything with the wife as I couldn't stand listening to him for another second. The thing about people like this is they cause a scene and people nearby who are trying to enjoy their food have to listen to him and it does something to staff morale. He's doing this to people who have absolutely no responsibility for that cake. If he can drop $12,000 for art & cigars, he can spring for a Crystal cruise instead of NCL.

It really annoys me when people take out their frustrations on others. I intervened at the vet hospital because this man (who said he was a doctor) was screaming at the receptionists because of his bill. At that vet, all charges are itemized, discussed with the vet and you sign off on them before services are provided. The receptionists take payment - they don't enter services or medications. Why is he then screaming at them afterwards when they present him the actual invoice? Because these people think it is okay to treat wait staff and sous chefs and receptionists like garbage but they wouldn't do it to the head chef or the doctor.

I watched half of this but could not get past he could not even wear a decent shirt to dine in. Too many of these types out there that can't just chalk it up to experience if they do not like something. Maybe it is different and not his way, does not make it wrong.

I guess being a 9-1-1 dispatcher for over 30 years has jaded me. I am never surprised at anything anyone will complain about . And if it leads to a nice fat compensation or someone getting in trouble .....so much the better .

I'm actually amazed, and appalled at some of the things people are complaining about.

The one that I find truly amazing is the disabled woman who went on the cruise with a child. It seemed she expected NCL staff to push her around in a wheelchair throughout the cruise- a manual wheelchair which she didn't provide for herself. My sister is in a similar situation to this woman. However, 1) she would never go on vacation alone without another adult to assist in case anything came up with herself or the minor, and/or 2) she would bring her own scooter, or rent one if need be to get around and not expect it to be other people's jobs to push her around. This is just totally unrealistic to me.

The family cruise that was lost because of death was sad, however if they are spending over $20K on this trip why not spend the extra $1k on insurance. This is just mind-boggling to me.

Speaking of complaining, I found a youtube video of a guy and his wife who are complaining on the Getaway about their food. Prepare to cringe.

I feel bad for his other half having to put up with that for 22 years :eek:

edit: couldn't stomach listening to the whole rant, didn't realize the wife wasn't any better. sad to go through life like that.

Edited by philatiger

Yes, I was thinking as I was watching the video that an anniversary with a spouse like either of them would not be a happy one. And then they posted this rant on YouTube instead of being embarrassed that they treated these people so poorly?

The treatment of the staff, all the way down the line, was so disgusting it doesn't seem right in any light.

Guess those sailing on the Getaway soon will have to be extra nice to the restaurant staff, there's nothing anyone can do to make up for this type of horrible behaviour.

How to ruin a perfectly good celebration, oh yeah, and cake too (I'm pretty sure it would have been delish).

She was dumb enough to attend the shopping discussion and to fall for their sales pitch with Diamond International and now she's annoyed because the ring was appraised $500 less.

Anyone who has watched that documentary about behind the scenes of a cruise ship knows those shopping talks and inside deals with certain stores are what makes the cruise line money

My thoughts exactly. Who goes on a cruise to buy overpriced jewelry?:D

We must be super Pollyannas -- we never find anything wrong with anything while on a cruise!:):):)

This has been a fun thread to read and think about. We leave tomorrow for what will be a fabulous two weeks floating around the Mediterranean. How do I know it will be "fabulous"? Because, how could it not be? Five countries, 10 ports of call, extra time in Venice, no packing / unpacking, no phone / work / stress / cooking / cleaning.

Do I think our adventure will be "perfect"? Nope. Do I think it will be (as a previous poster said) 5-star Michelin? Nope, I know I paid for the Holiday Inn and plan to be perfectly happy with that.

Life is what you make of it, bumps in the road are perfect learning opportunities. The complainers from the link shared by the OP and this obnoxious blowhard from the YouTube video seem to think those bumps were put only in THEIR paths and only to annoy THEM. Life is too short, as far as I am concerned, to let the small stuff raise your blood pressure.

And his point was that if the dessert had been flambeed properly, the bulk of the alcohol would have burned off.

And since cruise ships don't allow any open flames to cook I wonder how they were actually cooking the Banana Fosters?

IMO i'd be happy to take a dessert that was like a shot of liquor - a free drink! ;)

This has been a fun thread to read and think about. We leave tomorrow for what will be a fabulous two weeks floating around the Mediterranean. How do I know it will be "fabulous"? Because, how could it not be? Five countries, 10 ports of call, extra time in Venice, no packing / unpacking, no phone / work / stress / cooking / cleaning.

Do I think our adventure will be "perfect"? Nope. Do I think it will be (as a previous poster said) 5-star Michelin? Nope, I know I paid for the Holiday Inn and plan to be perfectly happy with that.

Life is what you make of it, bumps in the road are perfect learning opportunities. The complainers from the link shared by the OP and this obnoxious blowhard from the YouTube video seem to think those bumps were put only in THEIR paths and only to annoy THEM. Life is too short, as far as I am concerned, to let the small stuff raise your blood pressure.

This is exactly how I feel. Attitude counts for soooo much!

And since cruise ships don't allow any open flames to cook I wonder how they were actually cooking the Banana Fosters?

IMO i'd be happy to take a dessert that was like a shot of liquor - a free drink! ;)

That thought crossed my mind as well - a legitimate complaint might be the lack of alcohol - not a surfeit of alcohol!:D

There's nowt so queer as folks (as they say in Yorkshire).

Problem is that NCL seems to cater to the complainers--changing menus trying to please them, not enforcing the almost non-existent dress code, no smoking on balconies, giving OBC when not warranted if you are unpleasant enough. What is the lesson here??

I was joking - missed anything with the wife as I couldn't stand listening to him for another second. The thing about people like this is they cause a scene and people nearby who are trying to enjoy their food have to listen to him and it does something to staff morale. He's doing this to people who have absolutely no responsibility for that cake. If he can drop $12,000 for art & cigars, he can spring for a Crystal cruise instead of NCL.

It really annoys me when people take out their frustrations on others. I intervened at the vet hospital because this man (who said he was a doctor) was screaming at the receptionists because of his bill. At that vet, all charges are itemized, discussed with the vet and you sign off on them before services are provided. The receptionists take payment - they don't enter services or medications. Why is he then screaming at them afterwards when they present him the actual invoice? Because these people think it is okay to treat wait staff and sous chefs and receptionists like garbage but they wouldn't do it to the head chef or the doctor.

This pretty much sums up my frustration with most complainers - 1) they got what pretty much paid for, which in the case of NCL is getting the Marriott hotel / average score Zagat restaurant but want the Sofitel Hotel / 4 star Michelin Restaurant. If you can shell out $12K for cigars and artwork on NCL which the fare is usually $2K, then they can definitely pay $4k for Seaborn or Silversea experience. 2) Complaining to all the wrong people and thinking that going to improve anything, I think they like talking to a brick wall or making someone flustered and upset. It's after all their favorite activity...

Personal observation that I notice about most complainers in general, they are the biggest cheapskates that ever crawl out of their mother's tunnel. They want it free and/or have someone else pay for them & still got the nerve to complain when it does happen. My favorite is; if they're not happy, everyone around them must be unhappy as well, and woe to person who is not miserable in their eyes. Worst case of misery loves company and on top having no common courtesy for anyone but themselves...I can't stand needless complainers, they like a bad soap opera / telenovela that doesn't know when to turn it off or tone it down. :mad:

I can see it now... it's the last night of the cruise in the MDR.

Maitre' D calls down to the kitchen: "We need a cake up here - 22nd anniversary."

Bakery staff: "22nd anniversary? Just a standard cake?"

Maitre' D: "Yeah, it's for a couple. You know, the ones that have been complaining about the food all week."

Bakery staff: "Oh them? I've got a cake for THEM all right!"

Of course, this would NOT happen on an NCL cruise.

But... just in case... good on you NCL.

This pretty much sums up my frustration with most complainers - 1) they got what pretty much paid for, which in the case of NCL is getting the Marriott hotel / average score Zagat restaurant but want the Sofitel Hotel / 4 star Michelin Restaurant. If you can shell out $12K for cigars and artwork on NCL which the fare is usually $2K, then they can definitely pay $4k for Seaborn or Silversea experience. 2) Complaining to all the wrong people and thinking that going to improve anything, I think they like talking to a brick wall or making someone flustered and upset. It's after all their favorite activity...

Personal observation that I notice about most complainers in general, they are the biggest cheapskates that ever crawl out of their mother's tunnel. They want it free and/or have someone else pay for them & still got the nerve to complain when it does happen. My favorite is; if they're not happy, everyone around them must be unhappy as well, and woe to person who is not miserable in their eyes. Worst case of misery loves company and on top having no common courtesy for anyone but themselves...I can't stand needless complainers, they like a bad soap opera / telenovela that doesn't know when to turn it off or tone it down. :mad:

I think some of these complainers have this down to an art form. They know how loud to complain to get things for free. It not only happens on cruise lines, it happens everywhere, but with cruise lines, they are too quick to pull the trigger on giving freebies for complaints.

On one of my NCL cruises, I had an unfortunate incident in one of the specialty restaurants. I filled out a card to the Hotel Director and got a call immediately and the first words out of his mouth were, what can we do to make it better. I told him that I didn't want anything other than to let them know about the incident. He asked a couple more times, what he could do. I finally said, nothing and didn't take anything. But it was so amazing, that they don't immediately say "I'm sorry", what they did say was "what do you want". If NCL would simply say, I'm sorry, I bet they could save a whole lot of money that is being thrown at these complainers.