Some people just are never happy and love to complain

garycarla

I'm actually amazed, and appalled at some of the things people are complaining about.

The one that I find truly amazing is the disabled woman who went on the cruise with a child. It seemed she expected NCL staff to push her around in a wheelchair throughout the cruise- a manual wheelchair which she didn't provide for herself. My sister is in a similar situation to this woman. However, 1) she would never go on vacation alone without another adult to assist in case anything came up with herself or the minor, and/or 2) she would bring her own scooter, or rent one if need be to get around and not expect it to be other people's jobs to push her around. This is just totally unrealistic to me.

The family cruise that was lost because of death was sad, however if they are spending over $20K on this trip why not spend the extra $1k on insurance. This is just mind-boggling to me.

Cost me only $400 to insure a $20000 land sea and air vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Speaking of complaining, I found a youtube video of a guy and his wife who are complaining on the Getaway about their food. Prepare to cringe.

XEvUhEJwk5o

I'm sure that the crew was happy to see this couple leave when their cruise was over. I hope that rhey didn't cancel their DSC. Someday they'll get their "JUST DESSERTS."

Speaking of complaining, I found a youtube video of a guy and his wife who are complaining on the Getaway about their food. Prepare to cringe.

XEvUhEJwk5o

There is a thread on here about tipping in specialty restaurants. This is a good reason to tip in ALL restaurants--including a dollar under your plate in the buffet--to brighten the day of the poor kids who have to put up with this ALL the time.

As ridiculous and sometimes appalling the behaviour of some of these complaints. You just have to laugh at some of these people's issues. Not sure what kind of remediation the person who wrote the following is looking for;

"One waiter gave me my menu upside down."

The horror! :eek: I mean seriously...that was an issue?

Rochelle

As ridiculous and sometimes appalling the behaviour of some of these complaints. You just have to laugh at some of these people's issues. Not sure what kind of remediation the person who wrote the following is looking for;

Rochelle

I think they wanted compensation in the form of free meal or cruise.[emoji87]

It has always been amazing to me how people expect the Ritz -Carlton or Four Seasons when they go to a Holiday Inn or Sheraton/ Hilton..I am both an avid cruiser ( 30 cruises on RCI, NCL,CCL,HAL,Celebrity, Princess & Disney) and I've been a cruise agent for 17 years ...When my wife & I started cruising regularly in 1995, we learned quickly that the MDR food was usually average/ fair to sometimes good/ pretty good, sometimes pretty bad, but mostly we found it "edable" or "decent" ..when alternative restaurants starting coming out around 2000/2001, we tried on the NCL Sun Le Bistro ( TWICE @ $15 pp then), Teppanyaki ($15 pp) and Il Adaggio ( $10 pp)..we LOVED all 4 nights dining in these MUCH better venues..now, we always try the specialty venues on all ships and guess what?? ALL have been from a B+ to an A+ in grades..all 50+ times we have dined...

I have a saying: If you want to eat, go to the buffet..if you want to eat better, go to the MDR...if you want to DINE, & enjoy your meal & make it special, go to a specialty restaurant..sad, but true..here's another example: have you ever gone to a wedding and found the catered food mediocre?? I find that 90% of the weddings/ bar-mitzvahs, etc., I've gone to in my life had food that was MEDIOCRE- so, if cooking for 150-200 people results in mediocre food, imagine cooking for 2000-6000+ !! Food is soooo subjective, isn't it? What I like, my wife hates, and sometimes visa versa..she hates lobster & shrimp, and I love it..

This guy should go cruise on Crystal or Seabourn or Oceania if he wants Ruth Chris or Morton's type steaks..and pay $40-50 PER steak with NO sides, no appetizers, NO NOTHING...and pay about $ 6000-10,000 for a cruise for 2 instead of $1500-3000 for 2 for a normal balcony...how can it be that all 30 cruises we've taken have been terrific? Sure, some were better than others , and there were some issues on a few, but you get that even at a $1000 per night room in Paris or London...I look at it this way: first- I'm on a CRUISE VACATION!!!! NO work, no cooking, no cleaning, no conference calls, no spreadsheets, no checking VM or e-mails ( company ones!!) , and the only decisions I have to make daily are what drink to order, what do on the CARIBBEAN ISLAND I will be visiting, what food to order, what show / entertainment to see tonight, and what adventure will take place when I LOUNGE on my private verandah anytime during the day or night? Tough decisions, huh? I mean some people need to take a chill pill & RELAX..it is right what many of you say- some people will ALWAYS complain about something and NEVER be happy..If you don't like cruising, go stand on an airport security line showing your ID 3-4x and taking your clothes off, then flying XX hours to wherever where you will pay $$ for meals, entertainment ( IF they have any!!),ridiculous prices for drinks and constantly have to decide where to go, where to eat, etc...No thanks, this CRUISE BOY will still go cruisin!!

Big Al

Pretty good post. Agree with most of it.

I eat at specialty restaurants every single night of my cruise, but I also am realistic in my expectations. I know that the steaks will not be quite as good as those at a top-end steakhouse, and I realize that there will be some areas where the service isn't perfect or perhaps somewhat unrefined. But overall these are usually pretty good meals, and I enjoy them. I am especially mindful that I am paying very little for these meals, given that I am paying just a $119/pp upcharge to dine in them for 7 nights, so my expectations are not the same as when I eat at Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills.

The problem is that some people go into cruising with a idealistic belief that they will encounter perfection at every turn.

They expect gourmet food, perfect service, high-grade entertainment at every moment, and a stateroom that resembles a luxury hotel room -- all for standard mid-grade cruise prices.

And that's just not possible.

Then, of course, you have the naive folks who fall for the sales pitches on board for the jewelry and art, and come home angry when they realize what a terrible deal they got. Well, duh. Next time realize that you should do your cruising and your shopping separately.

I like cruising for the following reasons:

- You can visit several places in a short period of time without repeatedly flying or packing/unpacking.

- You can reach areas which are hard or impossible to reach without a boat, such as Glacier Bay in Alaska.

- Unlike being on airplanes or even in cars, you can have fun while doing the actual traveling between destinations, rather than being confined into a small space for hours.

- You can get a great value if you understand how the system works and where to spend your money.

Unfortunately, cruises can disappoint people who don't understand what they're getting, or who approach things in the wrong way.

I have a friend who crammed her husband and two children into an inside cabin, and then came back complaining about how awful that was. I then explained how it's sometimes CHEAPER to get a second room rather than adding 3rd and 4th people, and she just tuned me out. Some people just don't want to learn how to be happy on vacation.

That thought crossed my mind as well - a legitimate complaint might be the lack of alcohol - not a surfeit of alcohol!:D

There's nowt so queer as folks (as they say in Yorkshire).

probably just complaining fo rthe sake of

he tells the waiter it tastes boozy and that he can light it on fire

he tells the sous chef the cake has no flavor/flavorless cake.

clearly can't keep his story straight

The boozy taste was with regard to the Banana's Foster and the no flavor cake was the anniversary cake...two separate items.

He was obviously a grade 1 a**h*le and promoted himself to total d*psh*t by - firstly recording it and secondly posting it on YouTube.

Rochelle

Well, to be fair, it's hard to read upside down, and someone who would complain about something so minor might not think to turn it around!

Well, to be fair, it's hard to read upside down, and someone who would complain about something so minor might not think to turn it around!

This assumes they can actually read in the first place - I sometimes wonder, given the amount of information available at the click of a mouse and some of the things that people complain about nowadays.:rolleyes:

Having said that, I was given the German menu in the MDR one night - I corrected it with the waiter and had a laugh about it - no mention of OBC or a free cruise!

He was obviously a grade 1 a**h*le and promoted himself to total d*psh*t by - firstly recording it and secondly posting it on YouTube.

Anything more accurate is rarely found on this board. :p

Totally agree that this buffoon and others who's complaints I've read on that website are pure fiction. Worthy only of being ignored. :p

XEvUhEJwk5o

Someone more familiar with the exact placement of the Northeastern accents, where exactly are these two charmers from? ;)

Someone more familiar with the exact placement of the Northeastern accents, where exactly are these two charmers from? ;)

Hopefully not from NYC, specifically Manhattan - I refuse to click or see that video!!!:o

Oh myyyy, that is horrid! Get over your dislike of the cake and celebrate your anniversary:rolleyes:

Am I wrong thinking that a missed cake or two is not a bad thing?!:eek:

Can't exactly tell where the accent is from. Please don't be from MA:D

I doubt anyone would want to be tainted with person's presence in their state, city or neighborhood so lets just say he's from somewhere on this planet... or better still... another world. :p

I doubt anyone would want to be tainted with person's presence in their state, city or neighborhood so lets just say he's from somewhere on this planet... or better still... another world. :p

I think he is from Ignoramus Island.

;)

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Wow, watching that guy makes me tense. I'd be so mad if I were seated near him.

My hubby and I go on a couple of cruises a year, usually. I enjoy every second. Sure, sometimes things aren't perfect but why would you ruin a second of celebrating your anniversary over a cake? I'm thinking these people have way more to worry about than a cake.

Edawn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XEvUhEJwk5o

Oh my word. I feel so sorry for those NCL employees. :( What a horrible and demeaning way to address a complaint to someone. His attitude leaves a worse taste in the mouth than that cake could ever leave. :eek: