Some people just are never happy and love to complain

garycarla

100 Posts In . . .So what have we learned?

#1 - If you are happy, you will be labeled as a "cheerleader". Anything you say will be roundly dismissed, because you obviously work for the cruise line!

#2 - A portion of the remaining people will find something...anything...to complain about. To question these people is considered to be a gross uncalled-for personal attack.

#3 - For the rest, there is nothing to do except to complain about the people in #2. After all, what's more fun than complaining about complainers? ;)

Sorry, New Yorkers, he's ours. He's from Long Island. I'm sure that no one is surprised that his Facebook settings are all open to the public, not limited to friends like most non-narcissists do.

And on Facebook where he posted part 2 of the video he says; "I'm so damn funny" Clearly he thinks he is entertaining. Not even close.

Rochelle

100 Posts In . . .So what have we learned?

-I learned life is too short to let the little things get to you.

-I learned to be kind to others, and not treat the staff on cruise ships like garbage. They work very hard, usually have a smile on their face, all the while they are thousands of miles away from their families for months at a time.

-I learned that I should appreciate every second that I'm on a cruise ship, and not working.

-I learned that some people are not happy unless they are miserable.

I actually already knew all these things, but this thread just reenforced them all :D:D:D

-I learned life is too short to let the little things get to you.

-I learned to be kind to others, and not treat the staff on cruise ships like garbage. They work very hard, usually have a smile on their face, all the while they are thousands of miles away from their families for months at a time.

-I learned that I should appreciate every second that I'm on a cruise ship, and not working.

-I learned that some people are not happy unless they are miserable.

I actually already knew all these things, but this thread just reenforced them all :D:D:D

Anytime I see something like this, it causes self-reflection of my own behavior to make sure I don't do that to other people. It surprises me that this typeo f behavior comes naturally for some people.

And on Facebook where he posted part 2 of the video he says; "I'm so damn funny" Clearly he thinks he is entertaining. Not even close.

Rochelle

What's interesting is that his friends actually agreed and egged him on. Laughing as if his outburst was something to be proud of. I'd be ashamed if someone caught me behaving that way on camera. What a douche. can I say that word here? If not, i apologize.

Ha ha this is hard to believe. It looks like hidden camera or something. At first, my only thought was "omg the poor wife, having to live with this guy...", and then she started talking and I switched to "hum I guess they deserve each other..."

What's mindboggling is the patience of that waiter. Wow how can he keep his cool so well? We, passengers, really don't realize the type of incredible stuff the staff has to deal with. Day in, day out, one has to wonder how they manage to keep their sanity intact (I'm starting to understand the need for wild crew parties better :))

Wow. I don't know what to say.

the guy in the video is auditioning for Hell's Kitchen - really and here is a gem of a comment from his wife on his FB page after posting the video there:

"... once he got up, I knew what he was doing I couldnt go with him. That is the reason I do not enjoy going out to dinner with him"

yep, happy anniversary to them ;-)

There is a long diatribe by a platinum member in the original link posted by garycarla.

She speaks of having her luggage examined and , yes, she DID steal those two towels but only to wrap her wine in and something about shampoo...

What can one possibly do to piss the powers that be off so badlly that security on the ship searches your luggage and takes back their towels and shampoo?.

Yikes!,,

Rainy day here. Great entertainment .thankS!

Ha ha this is hard to believe. It looks like hidden camera or something. At first, my only thought was "omg the poor wife, having to live with this guy...", and then she started talking and I switched to "hum I guess they deserve each other..."

What's mindboggling is the patience of that waiter. Wow how can he keep his cool so well? We, passengers, really don't realize the type of incredible stuff the staff has to deal with. Day in, day out, one has to wonder how they manage to keep their sanity intact (I'm starting to understand the need for wild crew parties better :))

I'll take your word for it about the patience of the waiter is zen-like, I refuse to click on that verbal diarrhea.(I still like hang on to have some hope that people do not purposely start BS out of pure spitefulness to complete strangers, either that or lived and work in NYC for far too long:cool:) I bet the waiter was all like "at least get free drinks for working here, that and I don't have to see anymore after this voyage!!!". I hope NCL is watching it and giving that waiter and staff the only pay raise for putting with that excrement of a married couple. ;)

There is a long diatribe by a platinum member in the original link posted by garycarla.

She speaks of having her luggage examined and , yes, she DID steal those two towels but only to wrap her wine in and something about shampoo...

What can one possibly do to piss the powers that be off so badlly that security on the ship searches your luggage and takes back their towels and shampoo?.

Yikes!,,

Oh your post made me laugh. You are so right. I never heard of anyone having their luggage searched when leaving the ship.

Rochelle

Yikes!,,

I forget if it was BBB or trip advisor regarding one of the Carnival ships, where someone was complaining about gazpacho soup being cold in the MDR, that room steward made a elephant towel animal but they wanted something else and that staff wouldn't let their 3-month old baby swim in the Serenity swimming pool because the child was too young and wasn't suppose to be there. The stuff people complain about......

Edited by maywell

I don't even believe that the guy in the video is actually in the cooking or baking business because the dessert he ordered was "flambe". What "flambe" means is that it is doused in alcohol and it creates a burst of flame when you ignite it. It's a well known process for anyone in the field (like for instance crepes Suzette are a "flambe" dessert). Well, his main complaint is that the dessert has TOO MUCH ALCOHOL on it. Obviously, the complainer knows nothing about pastry or being a pastry chef, which makes his arrogant tirade sound even more idiotic and pointless.