My Crucial Dress Code Question

kelly3399

I have seen many questions asked by those who will be travelling on QM2 who are very very concerned about the dress code for the various portions of their cruise. Everyone wants to fit in and nobody wants to be confronted by the fashion police either onboard or on this forum.

I have seen questions about what to wear on formal nights and on informal nights. They have asked what to wear when they embark and disembark. They ask about what is proper attire during the day on sea days and if that varies on port days, and of course what to wear in ports. They have asked about swim wear, gym wear, shorts and blue jeans.

My question has not been addressed and it is simply this. What exactly is one supposed to wear to bed. I am sure that I am OK with a full length cotton nightgown but what about DH? Will he be OK with a traditional nightshirt and matching nightcap or should he be looking at purchasing a 2-piece flannel pyjama set? Please help.

... What exactly is one supposed to wear to bed[?]...
If the XXX daily dress code supplement is unavailable to you, just follow Marilyn Monroe's guidance. Plus, keep a voluminous and opaque robe handy for answering the door to room service.

P.S. The Fashion Police are not peeping Toms; but, after reading this thread, they might disguise as room service.

Not forgetting that if called to muster you will need a 'warm head covering' so have one to hand overnight! ...
An emergency muster is more prudish than that. You are required to bring your life jacket, warm clothing, and a head covering, whilst clutching any medication normally taken.

"What exactly is one supposed to wear to bed".

A smile :) .

(But, being boring, in the event of an emergency at sea... something :eek: )

'Cause you're never fully dressed with out a SMILE!

(Thank you all for this threadlet. I am in the midst of the "Day Before Departure" Chaos and feeling the pain!)

Hobo Man

Edited by sarafinadh

"What exactly is one supposed to wear to bed".

A smile :) .

As always, Pepper has the perfect answer to a tough and tricky question!

Bon Voyage, kelly3399 !!!! Pack that smile and wear it with pride !!!!

I am with cruiseluvva and pepperrn.

Of course being the age that I am , I have so many sags and wrinkles you will not know that I am au natural.

P.S. Jim never seemed to mind !!!!!!! Ah I remember it well!!!!!

I have seen many questions asked by those who will be travelling on QM2 who are very very concerned about the dress code for the various portions of their cruise. Everyone wants to fit in and nobody wants to be confronted by the fashion police either onboard or on this forum.

I have seen questions about what to wear on formal nights and on informal nights. They have asked what to wear when they embark and disembark. They ask about what is proper attire during the day on sea days and if that varies on port days, and of course what to wear in ports. They have asked about swim wear, gym wear, shorts and blue jeans.

My question has not been addressed and it is simply this. What exactly is one supposed to wear to bed. I am sure that I am OK with a full length cotton nightgown but what about DH? Will he be OK with a traditional nightshirt and matching nightcap or should he be looking at purchasing a 2-piece flannel pyjama set? Please help.

I'd imagine flannel is okay for informal nights, but he might like to wear just the bow on formal evenings.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that helped make up my mind. A smile for me and a bow tie for him. I loved the idea of a tiara but think that is probably more for the Grills guests. WOW, I suddenly have lots more room in my suitcase to bring my own wine aboard, but methinks that's a whole new thread!! Happy sailing to all. Kelly