Constellation Caribbean casual dining evening??

wlbox

Greetings

The specialty restaurants are always casual even on formal nights. The other options are room service, the buffet, or Blu (if you are in Aqua Class). I have not seen any mention of the dress code for the new suite's only restaurant yet.

Good Sailing

Tom

Once there was what was called "Casual Dining" in the buffet area with waiter service but that was discontinued some time ago.

The specialty restaurants and Blu are always "smart casual and above"

For a location where you can be so casual as shorts , flip flops, etc there is the buffet.

Greetings

The specialty restaurants are always casual even on formal nights. The other options are room service, the buffet, or Blu (if you are in Aqua Class). I have not seen any mention of the dress code for the new suite's only restaurant yet.

Good Sailing

Tom

Specialty Restaurants are Smart Casual rather than Casual. Blu is also Smart Casual.For casual you could try the buffet or room service.

If he could be persuaded to wear dockers and a collared shirt (golf/polo), he'll be fine in the dining room on casual evenings!

I know what you mean, but there are new cruisers who may be confused by the term "Casual", so let me clarify. Celebrity no longer has a "Casual" option in the MDR. It is now either "Smart Casual" or "Formal". Many threads on this topic that include definitions. The Celebrity site also defines. This is all I can say since I normally don't get involved on dress code threads and really don't want to go beyond answering the OPs question.

Is there a casual dining option for the evening on the Constellation for its Caribbean sailings?

Hubby does not want to dress up....

I think your question would be easier to answer, if you would say what you consider casual dress for your hubby.

If you are talking about jeans/dockers and a polo shirt, you can go to the MDR on smart casual nights.

If you are talking about shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops, best to do room service or buffet.

Evening buffet is not the same menu as MDR. There is pizza, pasta, salads, usually a grill station, often a carved meat w/ side dishes, desserts.

You can order the MDR menu as room service for no extra charge.

Ya night & day between The Buffet & the MDR

And eating in your room would get really boring fast (lol unless you are in the Penthouse... And have a Butler to serve you in all that spaciousness while being serenaded by the Player Piano :D )

I'd certainly encourage him to pack some smart casual pants... Dockers, Chinos, Dark Wash Jeans and a couple of Polos / Golf Shirts so you can dine in the other venues... specialty Restaurants & the MDR (although not on formal night... Then he'd need to notch it up again)

We love eating in the MDR, I would hate to miss out

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Dockers and polo will be fine for him. He just gets tired of dressing up after a few days.

Especially after spending time at the beach...

Then you will be perfectly fine in the MDR and specialty restaurants, sans formal nights in the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by NLH Arizona