Coco Cay Recently?

Debitoo

Was on Coco Cay On June 7th no problems. The only time I have not got on Coco Cay was once in November, but there could be issues right now due to the passing storm. If it is really windy they will not stop there

Was there on EN 8/19. They are working on the building where they screen you. they have built a temporary building opposite across the lagoon from they let you off. A lot of folks were confused when leaving(including me) as you had to walk around the lagoon. They were offering rides on the golf carts.

Has anyone that has recently been on FOS had any issues tendering to CoCo Cay?

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no way to predict that. The ability to tender on one day (or cruise week) can change the next. It is a function of how rough the seas are on a given day that will determine if the tenders can operate or not. More often then not they can and will. Clearly the current weather situation is affecting this, but that is transient. We are one for four in our experience. And the one time we missed they were able to reschedule us to Nassau, which was not on that particular itinerary.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I've been there 4 times now on 4 cruises. I have yet to miss the stop. It will simply depend and will have nothing to do with which ship it is. The sea will either be too rough/windy for the tenders or it won't be.

If you do a search on the Royal board for my recent review of Majesty, there is a posting to the map and information on Cococay you get during the cruise.

Was there on EN 8/19. They are working on the building where they screen you. they have built a temporary building opposite across the lagoon from they let you off. A lot of folks were confused when leaving(including me) as you had to walk around the lagoon. They were offering rides on the golf carts.

What kind of "screening" must one go through for calling at CocoCay? For diseases? For C&A status? Or are you simply referring to having your room key card examined before being admitted to the tenders returning to ship?

I as there on FOS on 8/11. No issues. The only screening they do is scanning your SeaPass.

You can rent cabanas, but suite guests get first dibs. You have to rent them ahead of time. I think they're $200. We didn't stay the whole day, just 2 hours, so it's not worth it for us. I rather be on the ship.

You can rent cabanas, but suite guests get first dibs. You have to rent them ahead of time. I think they're $200. We didn't stay the whole day, just 2 hours, so it's not worth it for us. I rather be on the ship.

Thanks for the info! I didn't see it as an option for excursions.

We were in CocoCay off the Freedom of the Seas August 11 and had no wind or wave issues to prevent tendering. Before boarding the tender in CocoCay everyone's bags were screened by security.

Tender on its way to CocoCay

IMG_2919_zps71924bca.jpg

The long line to board the tender. To the far right, you can just see the side of a blue and yellow roof--that's the building where our bags were screened by security.

IMG_2958_zps651e2f54.jpg

The Cabana's at CocoCay

IMG_2969_zpsc389ba71.jpg

What kind of "screening" must one go through for calling at CocoCay? For diseases? For C&A status? Or are you simply referring to having your room key card examined before being admitted to the tenders returning to ship?

Security, X-ray bags etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why world they check bags to get BACK on the ship? What is on the island that they would not want aboard? ?

When we were in CocoCay a man wanted to bring a coconut back to the ship but was told by one of the cruise officers that that is not allowed, so agricultural items is something they are checking for.

Thanks for the info! I didn't see it as an option for excursions.

I've never seen listed as an excursion either. I think you need to contact the concierge if you're a suite guest and if not, try to book it at the excursions desk when you're on board. We've never done it so I may be mistaken. I have heard they sell out quick.

• 1 month later...
Or maybe marine life....

Definitely marine life, in 2012 my wife and I were at Coco Cay on the Monarch OTS. She was given an empty conch shell by one of the excursion operators. When we went to get on the ship, she almost came to blows with a little Indonesian or Pilipino crew woman working the x-ray who wanted to take the shell and put it back in the water so it would live and grow. Finally one of the officers heard the racket, came over, took one look at the shell, saw it had been cleaned out (local style) and was empty. He then told the x-ray operator it was empty and my wife could take it on the ship.