Explore 4 - Drinking Package

Kudos2Fly

From Holland Site.

Free Signature Beverage Package is available only to ocean-view and above category staterooms. The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages priced $7.00USD or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes beverages priced over $7.00USD and purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable and may be used only on the cruise portion of Land+Sea Journeys. Participants may order only one drink at a time, must be 21 years or older and agree not to give alcoholic drinks to minors. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the Signature Beverage Package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Signature Beverage Package has a retail value of US$50 per person per day, including service charges.

We are not big drinkers and even with Non Alcoholic drinks would never reach the limit. I'm thinking non alcoholic drinks includes bottle water also.

My question is with the above that I underline. Are you limit to where you buy the drinks? Like can you get a drink in the dining room or main show room? I know on Carnival I have seen people do this. We have never gotten Carnival Drink program as it would be not worth it to us. But since Holland is doing this Explore 4 we are hoping to take advantage of it.

But wanted to know are we limited to "where" we get out drinks from?

Yes -- it includes bottled water.

You can use the card to get drinks in the dining room, the Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind if your ship has this specialty restaurant, Canaletto, Lido buffet area, Lido Bar, Aft Pool Bar, Explorations Café, Ocean Bar, Showroom, Explorer's Lounge and if your ship has the Northern Lights, Queen's Lounge. So there are lots of places where you can order a drink on the ship.

You just can't use the card on HMC as they do not have any registers there to scan the card. Also there is no way to scan the card for in-cabin service or for the no-host mini bar in your cabin.

The only limitation as to where one purchases their drinks is that it has to be at a point of sale machine, like in a bar or restaurant. You cannot, for example, get a bottle of water on the gangway as you leave the ship.

That's the reason why you can't use the SBP for room service, mini bar or on HMC.

I would like to jump in on this as well.... We are on the Eurodam next march and we have the bar program for the first time on Holland America but we have had it on other lines. Hubby ( who is usually wrong ) said he read that it only includes house wine ... that you cannot order anything off the wine list as they are all over $ 7 per glass. This did not sound right to me ... but I wanted to make sure before I let him know he was wrong .. again ...

I would like to jump in on this as well.... We are on the Eurodam next march and we have the bar program for the first time on Holland America but we have had it on other lines. Hubby ( who is usually wrong ) said he read that it only includes house wine ... that you cannot order anything off the wine list as they are all over $ 7 per glass. This did not sound right to me ... but I wanted to make sure before I let him know he was wrong .. again ...

The Signature Beverage Package only covers House Wine -- which is Santa Carolina.

We had the Explore4 package last May on the Eurodam and had limited types of wines to choose from, and it was not just the Santa Carolina. Different bars had a few other choices under the $7 range. We found the choices adequate, but nothing on par with Celebrity's beverage package.

• 5 weeks later...

I never look at the price of cocktails when we cruise....just give them my cabin card. We're looking at a cruise that has the Explore 4. As I understand from above House wine would be under the $7 cost - but I'm expecting that a Lemon Drop or some other cocktail would not - is that correct? What about beer?

I never look at the price of cocktails when we cruise....just give them my cabin card. We're looking at a cruise that has the Explore 4. As I understand from above House wine would be under the $7 cost - but I'm expecting that a Lemon Drop or some other cocktail would not - is that correct? What about beer?

If you search this site long enough, you will discover HAL's beverage menu. Surprisingly, the vast majority of the cocktails, martinis, etc. are $6.95 or less! They would only be more expensive if a premium liquor were to be requested.

If you search this site long enough, you will discover HAL's beverage menu. Surprisingly, the vast majority of the cocktails, martinis, etc. are $6.95 or less! They would only be more expensive if a premium liquor were to be requested.

Just so you don't have to search. Here is the beverage menu in PDF format:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/HAL-Bar-Menu.pdf

We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam next July and have a question about the beverage package. I am assuming that even though it says "no sharing" DW and I would be able to use it to get sodas for our teen sons. Also, if all 4 of us sit down at a table and order something to drink, would we be violating the "one at a time" rule?

We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam next July and have a question about the beverage package. I am assuming that even though it says "no sharing" DW and I would be able to use it to get sodas for our teen sons. Also, if all 4 of us sit down at a table and order something to drink, would we be violating the "one at a time" rule?

I agree with Strawberry ... no sharing = no sharing. Are you aware that for $25 you can buy your teenagers a Soda Card and they can order up to $50 worth of fountain soda with it?

We had the Explore4 package last May on the Eurodam and had limited types of wines to choose from, and it was not just the Santa Carolina. Different bars had a few other choices under the $7 range. We found the choices adequate, but nothing on par with Celebrity's beverage package.

We found the same on the Oosterdam last May. However, it was extremely difficult - except for one server - to get anything other than the house wine or the house sparkling in the MDR. Their training appears to be that only the house wine is covered. We had one server who came up with the other more palatable version, no one else seemed inclined to try.

I agree with Strawberry ... no sharing = no sharing. Are you aware that for $25 you can buy your teenagers a Soda Card and they can order up to $50 worth of fountain soda with it?

Yep. No sharing. The $25 Soda Cards are the way to go with your teens.