wet swimwear in elevator

ping1

I would expect first world problems to dominate the conversations on a website that deals with multimillion dollar cruise ships and the people that spend thousands of dollars to sail on them.

:)

I always laugh when someone throws out that term. Obviously if you are going on a lot of cruises, things are going pretty good . Your hut is properly thatched, your oxen are good and strong, and your remaining 17 children are Malaria free . So what else do you have to complain about except wet bathing suits in an elevator ?

:)

I always laugh when someone throws out that term. Obviously if you are going on a lot of cruises, things are going pretty good . Your hut is properly thatched, your oxen are good and strong, and your remaining 17 children are Malaria free . So what else do you have to complain about except wet bathing suits in an elevator ?

Thanks for the laugh!:D

Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships have two sets of elevators forward and central. Which ones are you using in the back of the ship?

I might've used the service stairs a time or two while staying in an aft cabin . . . they're so convenient, though usually locked. But, seriously, I know the ship has two sets of stairs, yet I persist in somehow thinking it has three.

All the time I dry off. AFter I get out I sit in my chair and relax then go back to my room. how about you ?

I have a pool in my backyard all my life growing up I knew the rules were not to go in the house soaking wet :D

fyi: hope the Belleville Bulls have a great season

Yeah, I suspect this is pretty much a "problem" only with kids and teens.

Thank you for looking into this BlueSky. This is completely unacceptable behavior.

I'm seriously considering taking stairs from now on.

And this is why RCCL has Dress Codes of what to wear in the MDR the Windjammer! I will be sending a stern e-mail to Adam. He reads my e-mails himself. We will get a Dress Code for the elevators put into place ASAP.

And this is why RCCL has Dress Codes of what to wear in the MDR the Windjammer! I will be sending a stern e-mail to Adam. He reads my e-mails himself. We will get a Dress Code for the elevators put into place ASAP.

HA HA HA, I wonder how many folks have given me and Frank the ole "stink eye" when we get on the elevator with our shortie wet suits on AND carrying our flowboards :D We DO always have flip flops on though, but our wet suits are never dry unless it is first thing in the morning and we are going TO the Flowrider :p

Edited by Charger2008

Now that's funny.

Edited by davekathy

I'll be on FOS next week.

I understand the cabin stewards no longer leave beach towels in the stateroom for use and you get them at a station poolside. Are you not allowed to bring them back to the room?

What is the current beach towel policy?

I'll be on FOS next week.

I understand the cabin stewards no longer leave beach towels in the stateroom for use and you get them at a station poolside. Are you not allowed to bring them back to the room?

What is the current beach towel policy?

You can take the pools towels back to your stateroom or off the ship.

Some ships also have a towel station near where you exit the ship, and at those stations they swipe your SeaPass card and will charge $25 for towels not checked back in.

All the time I dry off. AFter I get out I sit in my chair and relax then go back to my room. how about you ?

I have a pool in my backyard all my life growing up I knew the rules were not to go in the house soaking wet :D

fyi: hope the Belleville Bulls have a great season

I always dry off before going in the house but my husband and dogs do not care if they leave footprints on the floor. Cover up is common courtesy.

lmao. There will be a no shorts rule in the elevator ;)

If the op is worried about a wet elevator there is always the stairs :D

I try my best to use the stairs a good way to get some exercising in ha

But in all honestly id say 95% of the people dry off with a towel before they get out of the pool

Doesn't that make the towel really heavy? And how exactly do you do that? :D

We usually try to sit/lay out and let the swimsuits dry as much as possible before heading to the room. That said, I am not going to buy a "cover-up". My wife has one, but I usually just put on a t-shirt. I suspect if someone wrapped a towel around their wet swimsuit the OP would come here and complain that someone was in the elevator wearing a towel.

Nothing, amazes me anymore.

You would hope with the new towel rule that you would go back to your cabin with at least a towel wrapped around you to absorb the water and prevent anyone from sliding. Especially on the elevators.

Also, I had to be careful on the Allure deck, once it was wet if I wore my crocs, many I was slip sliding away.

Sea Ya

M kids can only dry off so much, i make them lay out a few minutes before head back. My kids do not walk barefoot anywhere on the ship. They also know not to go in the windjammer with wet clothes, they need to come and change..if they don't want to change they need to get food at the cafe in solarium.

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot---making wet tracks through the hall and dripping in the elevator.

A true First World problem. I can't believe footprints in the elevator are a problem

Edited by dz9yvr

You can take the pools towels back to your stateroom or off the ship.

Some ships also have a towel station near where you exit the ship, and at those stations they swipe your SeaPass card and will charge $25 for towels not checked back in.

They started doing this again?

They started doing this again?

Haven't seen it personally, but I've read reports of pool towels being distributed at the ship exit, in which case they scan the SeaPass card. However, if you get the towels on the pool deck, there's no check out.

I can understand the ship's point of view on this one. When we got back on Adventure at St. Croix, there was a sea of blue towels just left on the beach.

Haven't seen it personally, but I've read reports of pool towels being distributed at the ship exit, in which case they scan the SeaPass card. However, if you get the towels on the pool deck, there's no check out.

I can understand the ship's point of view on this one. When we got back on Adventure at St. Croix, there was a sea of blue towels just left on the beach.

On our Enchantment cruise last month, they would not let us get towels at the station on the pool deck on our port days at Coco Cay and Nassau. We had to check them out as we went to get off the ship. The rest of the cruise there was no scanning.

I think you're right, this is an effort to get people to bring their towels back.

Sherri:)

On our Enchantment cruise last month, they would not let us get towels at the station on the pool deck on our port days at Coco Cay and Nassau. We had to check them out as we went to get off the ship. The rest of the cruise there was no scanning.

I think you're right, this is an effort to get people to bring their towels back.

Sherri:)

So if someone thinks ahead and gets their towels ahead of time (the day before), they don't have to check them out, right?

So if someone thinks ahead and gets their towels ahead of time (the day before), they don't have to check them out, right?

Had that already planned for our next cruise.

I don't have an issue with bringing them back from Labadee it's just a Royal Pain to have to wait to check them out.

Had that already planned for our next cruise.

I don't have an issue with bringing them back from Labadee it's just a Royal Pain to have to wait to check them out.

Not to mention the potential to have to wait at Guest Services on disembarkation day because they mistakenly charged you $25 for a towel that you did return.