D and up drink package token discount

GBfromOz

There has been much conjecture recently about the introduction of 3 electronic drink vouchers preloaded onto D and up accounts, and the flow on effect of reducing overcrowding in the DL/CL during happy hour.

This could be expanded to promoting a small token discount on drink packages as part of D and up perks.

Would more Diamonds and up purchase a drink package if a small incentive was offered?

They've just initiated a new benefit with the three free drinks per night, I doubt RCCL will have any interest in going further and discounting drink packages. What's the point in speculating or discussing something that isn't even a rumor and is not likely to happen?

What about all types of drink packages, including non-alcoholic?

For me, personally, no. If it isn't alcohol generally I am drinking water. I also like the ships iced tea from time to time. I pack on pounds with food, not liquid :)

What's the point in speculating or discussing something that isn't even a rumor and is not likely to happen?

What's the harm? Just a topic of interest to discuss. If someone's got an idea it makes sense to float it to those with similar interest (cruise vacations) and see what they thing about it just for the sake of discussion.

I actually think it could be smart for a business to offer a discount on an upcharge item versus selling something at a lower cost. For instance, I would suggest a Diamond level Oceanview discount of say $50 or $75. This would be less money out of my pocket, and something preferable to me. On the other hand, that's less revenue for the cruiseline guaranteed. So they don't offer me an oceanview discount.

As it is right now I don't pay for any beverage package. What RCI sells isn't really offering what would fit my wants, so I'm content with the "free" offerings. But if they offered a discount to purchase the upcharge item, or made a value bundle (like I mentioned MSC does; buying X number of cocktails at an upfront discount) I may be inclined to opt for it. EDIT: Here is the info from gambee's review of Divina "15 drink coupons for $72 plus 15% gratuity. At this cost each drink comes out at $5.52, one of the better deals that I have seen. The best part is that you can use these vouchers at happy hour and get 2 drinks per coupon."

Essentially outside of lounge / voucher hours that's basically 2 drinks per day on a seven day cruise. So 2 drinks + what RCI is giving me as a diamond member is sufficient. I would spend $72 for that extra amount through a cruise. There's some value there. Current RCI pricing would probably have me at nearly double that cost if I ordered cocktails a la carte.

Even though what OP is suggesting may not work for me...I could see it working for many others and have people all happy about reaching their Diamond Drink Package Discount, so in that sense I think it's a viable idea.

Edited by LMaxwell

I would buy a reduced cost drinks package for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would as well, just like many others who are currently on the edge of deciding if it would work for them. A small discount would be the tipping factor for me.

• 1 month later...
If you pre book the packages BEFORE boarding, you dont pay the 15 %. Beer is 14 for $52 for 16 oz cans, pretty good i would say

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

Are you sure you're talking about Royal Caribbean?