RCL to Sell Century to CTRIP

FIRELT5

We only sailed Century once, and we loved her. In days of old, you would think the powers that be must know best. But watching some of Celebrity's decisions lately I no longer believe that. One rumor is that NCL is buying Azamara, so my original hope that Century would go to Azamara is questionable. What do those of us who like the small ship experience have to look forward to?

God, how I miss Renaissance....

Frankly, at this point with the Azamara Le Club Voyage debacle maybe NCL buying Azamara would not be such a bad thing. Maybe the carry over management from Regent and Oceania would save the Quest and the Journey. Would love to have the Century included. So hope that we are not going to be left with only the behemoth ships to sail.

Just off the Pacific Princess and agree about the R class ships. Our great close up day in Glacier Bay would not have been possible on a larger ship.

I was booked on the Dubai to Rome cruise but had already changed it to another sailing.

I am still booked on the four sailings before it.

What I don't understand is why they did not just cancel the two last cruises leaving the ship in Singapore (which is where it ends up a month later).

From what I can glean the ship is returning from Dubai to Singapore but Celebrity passengers are not allowed? The announcement I saw said all passengers must either cancel or rebook to a different cruise. Why not let those who are already booked stay on and go back to Singapore if they so desire?

I was booked on the Dubai to Rome cruise but had already changed it to another sailing.

I am still booked on the four sailings before it.

What I don't understand is why they did not just cancel the two last cruises leaving the ship in Singapore (which is where it ends up a month later).

From what I can glean the ship is returning from Dubai to Singapore but Celebrity passengers are not allowed? The announcement I saw said all passengers must either cancel or rebook to a different cruise. Why not let those who are already booked stay on and go back to Singapore if they so desire?

The April 5th cruise on Century from Dubai back to Singapore is one of the options offered to us affected by this change.

Astrid

The April 5th cruise on Century from Dubai back to Singapore is one of the options offered to us affected by this change.

Astrid

Hi,

As at a few minutes ago, that ''new '' itinerary has not been posted yet....but the original one is already ''toast''.. Eight of us in 5 staterooms are impatiently waiting so the T.A. can do whatever is needed to ''transfer'' all our bookings towards the revised itinerary.....at, presumably,the same staterooms and rates.....

We'll see. Thankfully, nobody had booked air yet.

Cheers

Hi,

As at a few minutes ago, that ''new '' itinerary has not been posted yet....but the original one is already ''toast''.. Eight of us in 5 staterooms are impatiently waiting so the T.A. can do whatever is needed to ''transfer'' all our bookings towards the revised itinerary.....at, presumably,the same staterooms and rates.....

We'll see. Thankfully, nobody had booked air yet.

Cheers

Well they'd better get their skates on, all transfers of bookings from April 5th Dubai to Rome, need to be completed by 17th September, so my UK TA informed me today.

This came from Celebrity UK, who are in the process of drafting a letter to Travel Agents( she knew nothing, Celebrity UK only found out this morning)

If you re book April 5th Dubai-Singapore, you get it at the same price that you booked at, if it is cheaper, you will get a refund.

Edited by upwarduk

Not necessarily, b/c port charges will vary, so a shorter cruise may cost more depending on the ports

Until we see the itins though, that can't be said. Everything else being equal, it should be cheaper.

"New" sailing with prices now listed on X website.

Inside: $749*

Ocean View: $1099*

Veranda: $1999

Concierge: $1849*

Suite: $2599

*Prices are with Captains Club $300 Discount.

Prices almost the same as previous sailing to Rome with the exception of Concierge Class which was selling at $1649 just before they pulled the cruise.

As at 2 minutes ago, all is ''business as usual'' on CDF: Century retains the name, and her sailings for at lest 6-7 months are listed.

This whole marasm boggles the mind.

I suggest nobody saw that brick wall coming at us....and no less than Dick Fain is dropping the bricks ! ...as if nothing ever happened affecting Century during the past 20-25 months....

Strange...

From Cruise Industry news:

Crosieres de France (CDF) has announced that it will continue to operate the Zenith in 2015, spending the summer season in the Mediterranean. As CDF was supposed to have received the Century, passengers who booked on that ship, will be offered similar or better accommodations on the Zenith, according to the line. In addition, the Horizon will continue to sail for CDF.

It was previously announced that the Zenith would be returned to Pullmantur. And Royal Caribbean announced earlier this week that the Century has been sold and will be sailing for Chinese Ctrip as of next spring.

Edited by upwarduk