Difference between ultimate and premium packages

They have enough disclaimers that their lawyers would eat any lawyer a person, who is actually worried about this 15% deal, could afford for lunch.

Not to mention, what kind of lawyer would really take a case over $50?

business decision... yes, RCCL would prevail in the end after atty fees.. but that's the reason for quick settlement.. perhaps a free 14 night cruise for the lawyer + 1 in exchange for not having to pay defense attys hourly fee.

from a biz profit point of view.. all about volume.. # of ships x # of PCDs x % who do the bev pkgs...

I'm not an atty but did stay at Holiday Inn Express last nite and just think it's poor oversight not to change the mice print.. just thought was doing the cruise line a solid by pointing this out to them.. that's all.. you folks on these boards get your knickers in a twist way, way too much on the most trivial items.. I'm done with inputs.. just like to read to get a good laugh.. some guy noting on another board drinking 11 guiness by dinner and responder stating would need a week to recover.. this board is a great comic relief.. keep it coming!!

business decision... yes, RCCL would prevail in the end after atty fees.. but that's the reason for quick settlement.. perhaps a free 14 night cruise for the lawyer + 1 in exchange for not having to pay defense attys hourly fee.

from a biz profit point of view.. all about volume.. # of ships x # of PCDs x % who do the bev pkgs...

I'm not an atty but did stay at Holiday Inn Express last nite and just think it's poor oversight not to change the mice print.. just thought was doing the cruise line a solid by pointing this out to them.. that's all.. you folks on these boards get your knickers in a twist way, way too much on the most trivial items.. I'm done with inputs.. just like to read to get a good laugh.. some guy noting on another board drinking 11 guiness by dinner and responder stating would need a week to recover.. this board is a great comic relief.. keep it coming!!

Actually, you were the one getting your panties in a twist over the trivial item. I personally think its stupid to try and fight a corporation over $50 when its clear what the pricing is supposed to be.

Royal Caribbean has full time lawyers on salary. They don't have to pay hourly anything. On the other hand, if you think you can find a lawyer who will take this case on over a $50 fee, I'm willing to bet he is going to ask for his fee up front.

Glad I checked here. The packages changed since I last looked after we booked. If water is not included, then I will not be doing a package. The water is what made me feel it was "worth it", and I could get my money's worth. Instead I will buy a bottle water package and pay al a carte for drinks.

Edited by chicy724

Glad I checked here. The packages changed since I last looked after we booked. If water is not included, then I will not be doing a package. The water is what made me feel it was "worth it", and I could get my money's worth. Instead I will buy a bottle water package and pay al a carte for drinks.

Just wait until you are onboard before you purchase a package and then you can ask specifically what includes. I'm still not sure that there's been a fleetwide change to the Premium package.

Just wait until you are onboard before you purchase a package and then you can ask specifically what includes. I'm still not sure that there's been a fleetwide change to the Premium package.

Here's my response when I questioned the new price change on 8/30. Appears water is still included in the Premium Package:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have recently made changes to the pricing of our beverage packages. For Freedom of the Seas, please see below for pricing and overview of our beverage packages. Please be advised that the prices below do not include 15% gratuity, which will be added at the time of purchase.

The Royal Replenish Package, at $19 per guest each day, includes:

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling (375ml)

Still (500ml)

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Fresh juice smoothies

Non-alcoholic cocktails (includes frozen varieties)

Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

The Select Package, at $35 per guest each day, includes:

Beer

Wine by the glass (up to $8 value)

20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

The Premium Package, at $49 per guest each day, includes:

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Still bottled water (500ml)

The Ultimate Package, at $55 per guest each day, includes:

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling (375ml)

Still (500ml)

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Fresh juice smoothies

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

These all-inclusive packages are available for purchase onboard throughout the voyage when there are at least four days remaining. They must be purchased for the duration of the cruise, and the price is prorated based on the date of purchase. Package prices are subject to change without notice. They do not include Value Added Tax (VAT), which may be required on some European sailings.

This is the first time i've seen these mentioned anywhere. Anyone know where you get these and what all options there are for them?

If it's true, I would expect the juice smoothies to be available at Squeeze on the pool deck of Freedom class ships, and the Vitality Cafe on Oasis class.

Ok. I know this has been asked but I am now lost. I like the premium package (55 a day) bc I can get frozen drinks, beer and wine. BUT I can't get special coffee or tea , but my 13 year old with a replenish (20 dollars a day) can??? Oh, I can't get water either????

Help.

No, you're not missing anything. After it's purchased, the package will include gratuity, it's just that they don't add that charge until you check out. It's confusing and a bit sly.

I thought I was getting a break when I booked mine a week or so ago and ran into this same reality. One Ultimate and one Royal Replenish - I thought I was saving money but by checkout, I was actually out of pocket an additional 70 cents. :D

I agree, I liked it a lot more when the price you saw was the price you got!!!! Now you don't know the price until you go to pay for it. I was confused when I saw it on Vision last weekend. I already had my pkg, then saw the sign at the pool and was like "oh I should get the Ultimate for what I paid for the premium". Did not know the price in BIG LETTERS did not include the tips. The old way was better, when they said $55 per day, that was what it was!!!!

So just so I'm clear. Each package does not add on to the previous one. So if I get premium package-55 dollars a day- I don't get everything included from lower tier packages. Correct? So my 13 year old, with his replenish package can get lattes but I can't.

Correct. The only package that has everything is the Ultimate package.

Edited by clarea

So I'm really stumped on the packages. I'm not liking their packages coated t celebrity. The premium should get coffee too.

Thats what the Ultimate is for. Premium is the "unlimited" alcohol package. Replenish is the "unlimited" Non-alcohol package. Ultimate combines them both. If you want everything, buy the Ultimate package.

For people who just skip to the end of threads:

Royal Caribbean changed how they charge for the drink packages.

On the face of it, they lowered the per day charge slightly, but no longer include the 15% gratuity in that per day charge, which was the situation previously.

When you take the new per day charge and add the required 15%, the per day charge is now slightly higher than it was.

You must ignore all of the verbiage on the Royal Caribbean website, because apparently the person who was tasked with changing the numbers was not also assigned to change the words. :eek: :rolleyes:

Bottom line:

All in, premium package is now $56.35 per person per day.

All in, the ultimate package is now $63.25 per person per day.

As of this writing, the policy is still that there is no requirement for all in the cabin to purchase.

Either there was an IT error or Royal is treating Canadians differently, but I purchased the Premium Package yesterday and there was no service charge added to the final total (Service charge showed as zero). It appears the gratuity was included with the per day charge. Now the price I paid looks like it is the same as what you show as I was charged $59.40 CAD per day. Maybe they've gone back to putting the tip into the per day charge and that it was only separate temporarily while they coded in the price change?

Very frustrated with rccl. Celebrity would add on each package. Each higher package always included the ones below. Very upset.

Very upset?

Just get the Ultimate package. It's $6 a day more than the Premium - you're talking about less than $50 difference for a 7-day cruise that you're spending thousands on. Then you can have whatever you want.

I guess so, but it is the principle of the matter.

Whats the principle involved here? Royal does their packages different than another cruise line. There is nothing wrong with that. They could just eliminate the premium package and make you buy the Ultimate. That sounds like what the other cruise line you are referring to does. I'm glad they aren't forcing me to pay for the coffees as I don't drink them. If this is that big of a deal to you, don't buy a package. You can always buy your drinks one at a time like has been done on cruise ships for decades.

Whats the principle involved here? Royal does their packages different than another cruise line. There is nothing wrong with that. They could just eliminate the premium package and make you buy the Ultimate. That sounds like what the other cruise line you are referring to does. I'm glad they aren't forcing me to pay for the coffees as I don't drink them. If this is that big of a deal to you, don't buy a package. You can always buy your drinks one at a time like has been done on cruise ships for decades.

Exactly. I don't really see what the difference is, you can opt for N/A, alcohol, or both. All your bases are covered. As said, if they simply built each package off of the one below, the only difference is that the Premium package wouldn't exist. Having it simply provides another option for those who want adult beverages, but don't necessarily want or need fresh squeezed orange juice or specialty coffee/tea.

I don't understand the confusion, esp now that everything is clearly laid out in this thread. The only package that does NOT get water is The Select Package. If you want everything, get The Ultimate. It's only $6 more a day. I purchased that Premium Package bc I don't care about coffee or smoothies. I was charged $56, so I assumed that was the gratuities. From the documentation before I purchased, I was under the impression that I will not have to leave additional gratuity unless I wanted to for some reason.

Now, there's one item that even I am not sure about and would like to know:

Can you get Red Bull with either Premium or Ultimate???