Those with kids in school: When is YOUR Spring Break 2015?

funinthesun1964

South Jersey:

We have "Jersey Week" (not a spring break at all!) Nov 3-7 - school is off all week!

This year they cut our spring break super short - not sure why - We just have the Fri, Mon, and Tues surrounding Easter - so Apr 3-7

We are near Seattle, WA. My daughter's high school has off April 6-10. My oldest son goes to a Washington State University, and they get off March 16 - 20. My other son will be going to a local community college. Their winter quarter ends March 25, and they typically get about a week off between quarters. Good thing I'm not trying to plan a family vacation for spring break!

The University of Missouri has spring break common for all four campuses. It is usually the last week of March, this year is March 22 - 29. My local school district is the same time.

We do not have time off for Easter as that is a religious date and as such has no relationship to the secular calendar.

One week off sounds awful. My DDs get three weeks off.

Don't you have a much shorter summer break in the UK though? Not that I'd turn down 3 weeks in the spring! We get almost 3 months off for summer here--May 20-Aug. 14 this year, but much shorter breaks other times of the year.

7-8 weeks?

No, more like 11 weeks, approximately. I know you get longer breaks during the school year, (mid-term breaks?) We get usually two days off at Thanksgiving, two weeks or so at Christmas and 2-3 days for Easter, plus a couple of days in Feb., called for some reason Spring Break and maybe 2-4 days at other times, depending on what's going on--for instance, if our school makes it to the state basketball tournament.

Kids are off school sometimes for teacher work days or parent-teacher conferences; I don't think they are counted as vacation days though.

Most of these can be lost if we have lots of snow days, which isn't unusual most districts have some snow days built into the schedule and if they are not used, school lets out earlier. About 175-177 school days are required (it changes, not sure exactly anymore).

Edited by Nebr.cruiser