Those with kids in school: When is YOUR Spring Break 2015?

funinthesun1964

Please forgive my ignorance, but for those schools with a Spring Break that does not coincide with Easter, do they also get an Easter Break? Such as Good Friday through Easter Monday? It just seems odd to have Spring Break seperated from Easter by as much as a month (first week of March when Easter is on April 5th this year).:confused:

Edited by ShakyBeef
left out a word

Please forgive my ignorance, but for those schools with a Spring Break that does not coincide with Easter, do they also get an Easter Break? Such as Good Friday through Easter Monday? It just seems odd to have Spring Break seperated from Easter by as much as a month (first week of March when Easter is on April 5th this year).:confused:

I don't understand that either. For as long as I can remember around these parts, public or private school, Spring Break has been either the week before or after Easter.

Our school is off for a spring break and then again for the Friday and Monday around Easter.

I don't understand that either. For as long as I can remember around these parts, public or private school, Spring Break has been either the week before or after Easter.

Exactly. I'm glad it's not just me having trouble with this.:o I went to public schools in the Baltimore / DC Metro area of MD and it was always that way - Easter Sunday was always part of Spring Break, at one end or the other.

Our school is off for a spring break and then again for the Friday and Monday around Easter.

Thanks, this makes some kind of sense to me at least.

DS(20) goes to a university in Michigan. His spring break is always the first week of March. DD(17) goes to a high school in Michigan. Her spring break is always the first week of April.

As you can see from above my kids have 2 different yet set spring breaks. Sometimes they fall over Easter sometimes not. When it does not, they do not get any extra break for Easter.

Just wondered what different weeks will have off in different areas of the country. I know it can vary and it is not always connected to the Easter holiday.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

We are in Southeast Michigan and our public schools are on Easter break starting April 03 ( Good Friday ) through Sunday, April 12. My son is in college here, and his Spring Break is early March.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

East Tennessee, my daughter goes to city schools and hers is second week in March with Good Friday off(if it doesn't snow too much before then). The county schools are usually around Easter.

Edited by lcgvol
posted before I was finished

DS(20) goes to a university in Michigan. His spring break is always the first week of March. DD(17) goes to a high school in Michigan. Her spring break is always the first week of April.

We are in Southeast Michigan and our public schools are on Easter break starting April 03 ( Good Friday ) through Sunday, April 12. My son is in college here, and his Spring Break is early March.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sounds like the East side of Michigan is the same as it is over here on the West side.

Second week of March for Eastern Ontario...yes' date=' we all drive or fly south for March break lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

We're 3rd week of March in all of Ontario (March 16-20 on my school calendar in Kingston - 99% sure all boards use the same March Break).

As to the separate spring break from Easter, I think they keep it consistent here. Ontario is always mid March, Manitoba is end of March/beginning of April, Quebec is late February (those are the places I've lived/taught in).

We need to be able to get away someplace warm (or go skiing!) for our "spring" break :). Having it with Easter makes it too late some years, we'd go batty from the looooong winter, and there would be no skiing.

We do get Good Friday and Easter Monday off (not all provinces get Easter Monday though).