Shorts are now fine for elegant

Crusin Hogs

called carnival...they said this was not true..Well,drat,I liked the idea. My food will taste the same,dressed up or not!!! just my opinion.

Of course, because representatives at the call center even know what a cruise ship is...

They know all the answers. They're just different every time you call.

Edited by Disconnections

I am sure many of us have seen shorts in the DR on Elegant Night as the dress code often is not enforced. It does not bother me if people wear nice shorts. I was questioning whether it was actually printed in the Fun Times and was in fact a new policy. It appears that the dress code printed on their website (no shorts on Elegant Night) is still the official policy. I would doubt any Cruise Director would independently change this policy and print that change it in the Fun Times.

Well,the idea was fun while it lasted.lol Everyone have a great cruise!!!!

Personally our group loves the elegant nights... it harkens back to a much more civilized time, I think that's something we need more of in the world. The world of manners, of please, and thank you's.

I know we're all on a cruise as a vacation, and I wear shorts 90% of the time on the boat as well (except when we did Alaska!), but the MDR should be a step up. You wouldn't dress like a slob going to a decent restaurant on land, nor should you on the ship.

Again, just an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own... this is just mine.

Personally our group loves the elegant nights... it harkens back to a much more civilized time, I think that's something we need more of in the world. The world of manners, of please, and thank you's.

I know we're all on a cruise as a vacation, and I wear shorts 90% of the time on the boat as well (except when we did Alaska!), but the MDR should be a step up. You wouldn't dress like a slob going to a decent restaurant on land, nor should you on the ship.

Again, just an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own... this is just mine.

SLOB?? that is not very nice when people on this board are just voicing opinions.

If you're looking for something that "harkens back to a much more civilized time," perhaps it is time to try another cruise line.

personally our group loves the elegant nights... It harkens back to a much more civilized time, i think that's something we need more of in the world. The world of manners, of please, and thank you's.

I know we're all on a cruise as a vacation, and i wear shorts 90% of the time on the boat as well (except when we did alaska!), but the mdr should be a step up. You wouldn't dress like a slob going to a decent restaurant on land, nor should you on the ship.

Again, just an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own... This is just mine.

If you're looking for something that "harkens back to a much more civilized time," perhaps it is time to try another cruise line.

And this from someone who's an apparent grammar cop.... see the signature line.

Would have figured you would have appreciated the "more civilized" comment since you're educating the masses on the correct use of "their, they're and there"

Dressing up doesn't automatically give someone manners. Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. Just my opinion.

Why is this person not entitled to their opinion and you ARE??????? Such a rude comment.

Welcome to cruise critic. The land of people acting tough behind a keyboard and saying things they wouldn't have the stones to say in person...😒

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Welcome to cruise critic. The land of people acting tough behind a keyboard and saying things they wouldn't have the stones to say in person...😒

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I was going to say welcome to Cruise Critic where there is dress code discussion everyday

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

called carnival...they said this was not true..Well,drat,I liked the idea. My food will taste the same,dressed up or not!!! just my opinion.

With all the fuss people make over sill dress codes I always thought something was wrong with taste buds...my meals always tasted the same regardless of what others wore around me. :-)