Beverage Packages.. Not worth the $ IMHO

lusochic

Either get the package or don't. If you share, it is STEALING. When people come on here

and brag about sharing then they will screw up the program for all. I really don't care if RCCL

goes back to making all in cabin buy it because my dh and I each get it.

But for the ones sharing I wish that was the case.

If you can afford a cruise , then I sure you can afford both people getting a package

instead of sharing. And if not then don't get it.

My gosh, some of you people are just trying to buck the

system.

Yes I will do what I want, but I will only share if I have not used up my daily entitlement. That's the way I see it.

This is YOUR entitled amount daily. NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S.

No matter how you state it, if you get a drink on YOUR package and give it to someone else, it's against the rules and therefore stealing. You can't justify it.

Sorry but I'm not having that.

If I buy the package I am entitled to a minimum of $55 worth of drink per day because I have paid $55 for it.

Obviously on a day where I drink over that minimum, which, as you point out, is my right, I have no right to get drinks for another party. However on a day when I am below the minimum I believe I have the right to if I wish. Only up as far as the $55 though.

I think thats reasonable

Be sure to explain your expectations to RCI when you purchase the package. They may not agree.

Edited by marton2

Be sure to explain your expectations to RCI when you purchase the package. They may not agree.

My wife and I both purchased the Premium package on Freedom April 2013. I would normally order the drinks at the bar and presented both cards every time. Drink for her...her card. drink for me...my card. When the waiter stopped by and brought our drinks, we also presented both cards.

If I purchase the package but my wife does not, I would still expect to present both cards... her receipt would display $8 (+15%) and my receipt would display $0.

If we each drink $40 in a day, we would be billed $40 (+15% tip) and I would have essentially overpaid for drinking that day because of the package. $60, and I would have gotten more than the package cost.

Fair to me and fair to RCI. Just because I decide to drink less than the cost of the package doesn't mean RCI owes me or my wife something to make up for the difference. Some of you folks here should probably just pay as you go and don't order the package.

We're going on Explorer in November and my wife and I will both be purchasing the premium package. If we come out ahead or behind...who knows...and it really doesn't matter. It's about the convenience anyway. We're just going to enjoy our cruise and try not to stress over RCI making an extra nickel.

My wife and I both purchased the Premium package on Freedom April 2013. I would normally order the drinks at the bar and presented both cards every time. Drink for her...her card. drink for me...my card. When the waiter stopped by and brought our drinks, we also presented both cards.

If I purchase the package but my wife does not, I would still expect to present both cards... her receipt would display $8 (+15%) and my receipt would display $0.

If we each drink $40 in a day, we would be billed $40 (+15% tip) and I would have essentially overpaid for drinking that day because of the package. $60, and I would have gotten more than the package cost.

Fair to me and fair to RCI. Just because I decide to drink less than the cost of the package doesn't mean RCI owes me or my wife something to make up for the difference. Some of you folks here should probably just pay as you go and don't order the package.

We're going on Explorer in November and my wife and I will both be purchasing the premium package. If we come out ahead or behind...who knows...and it really doesn't matter. It's about the convenience anyway. We're just going to enjoy our cruise and try not to stress over RCI making an extra nickel.

That's how everyone should handle it because that's how it's supposed to be used. The fact is RCI offers this to make money which we all know they do or it wouldn't still be around. Anyone who thinks they are entitled to $55/day to share either doesn't understand what per person is or they are just pot-stirrers. My guess is the latter.

Edited by BND

How about this scenario?

I buy the $55 package but discover that today I have only used $47 worth.

If I get an $8 drink and give it to my wife am I within my rights, or am I a criminal?

If were having fun with this, this might be a more accurate scenario. I have as many drinks as I want, I try something new I wouldn't ordinarily try. One sip, yuk, I don't like it, am I obligated to take it back to the bar tender or should I dump it?

OK, I don't want to be a criminal! I have purchased the drink package; my husband has not. May I give him my card to get a drink for me when I'm dressing or must I always be the one to get a drink?

They may not give him the drink as the card has your photo and drink sticker. He can get a drink as long as he has his sea pass card indicating the drink package .

I predict the "only one person has to purchase the package" to be discontinued at some point. Seems folks have created every scenario to try to get around the no sharing rule.

M

Sorry but I'm not having that.

If I buy the package I am entitled to a minimum of $55 worth of drink per day because I have paid $55 for it.

Obviously on a day where I drink over that minimum, which, as you point out, is my right, I have no right to get drinks for another party. However on a day when I am below the minimum I believe I have the right to if I wish. Only up as far as the $55 though.

I think thats reasonable

Come on - everyone knows that the package is not intended to be shared. YOU may drink as much as you want for $55 per day. This post is some of the most creative rationalization I've seen so far.

Try going to Chops or the Chef's table and sharing the meal and let us know how that works out.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Come on - everyone knows that the package is not intended to be shared. YOU may drink as much as you want for $55 per day. This post is some of the most creative rationalization I've seen so far.

Try going to Chops or the Chef's table and sharing the meal and let us know how that works out.

M

Completely agree.

M

So you are telling me that its ok for me to drink $55 worth per day, but its wrong for me to drink $47 per day and get an $8 drink for my wife.

Which do you think RCCL would prefer? Me drinking $47 worth per day and getting an $8 drink for my wife, or me drinking, say, $75 worth per day and not getting a drink for my wife but only paying $55 in each case?

So you are telling me that its ok for me to drink $55 worth per day, but its wrong for me to drink $47 per day and get an $8 drink for my wife.

Which do you think RCCL would prefer? Me drinking $47 worth per day and getting an $8 drink for my wife, or me drinking, say, $75 worth per day and not getting a drink for my wife but only paying $55 in each case?

They would prefer you follow the rules.

Edited by BND

Yes - Now you understand the concept of no sharing.

I imagine since the package is not intended for sharing, RCCL will prefer option 2. RCCL doesn't care how much or how little you drink. The price is per person per day. It is just like the soda package.

Why not ask on board and get the definitive answer.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Yes - Now you understand the concept of no sharing.

I imagine since the package is not intended for sharing, RCCL will prefer option 2. RCCL doesn't care how much or how little you drink. The price is per person per day. It is just like the soda package.

Why not ask on board and get the definitive answer.

M

Your comment that RCCL doesn't care how much or how little I drink, just shows how out of touch with reality you are. Have you ever run a business? I hope not if that's how you manage your finances.

Your comment that RCCL doesn't care how much or how little I drink, just shows how out of touch with reality you are. Have you ever run a business? I hope not if that's how you manage your finances.

Your nastiness and accusations are out of line.

Happily, my clients understood the rules of my business and abided by them. I am now very comfortably retired.

Because I deal with facts - I thought you might like to see this info cut and pasted directly from the RCCL web site. I don't see anything in there about not drinking a particular amount one day and getting drinks for others.

From the RCCL site:

Q: Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a beverage package?

A:

No, packages can be purchased by individual guests. Cannot be shared by multiple people.

Edited by cruisegirl1