First Time Celebrity Cruiser

Lovelylady226

Expect to have a wonderful cruise.

My advice don't ask too many questions before hand, just go and enjoy the differences. For us a big part of the fun of trying a new cruise line is not knowing what to expect next. We don't want to see the dailies, MDR menus, bar menus, etc we love the adventure of walking onto the ship and being surprised all the time.

Stunningly GORGEOUS looking ships. Crisp white paint, dark blue contrasting trim.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL dining rooms, (especially S class!) and AWESOME lamb chops. :)

Indian curries every day at the lunch buffet. Fast friendly service.

Clean comfortable well kept cabins, and AWESOME lamb chops. ;)

VERY reasonable pricing, especially on transatlantic cruises.

Incredible array of delicious martinis and great bar service.

Wonderful specialty dining venues like QSine and Lawn Club that BOTH serve...

...wait for it... AWESOME lamb chops! :D

Got an awesome deal over a year ago on a C1 cabin. Can't wait to cruise-but as it gets closer I am realizing I just don't know what to expect from Celebrity. SOOOO, what's your favorite thing about Celebrity Cruises??
We have had good food and service on other cruise lines as well.

But one thing that really makes Celebrity stand out for us is that regardless of what category accommodation you book, just about every member of the staff and crew you meet on a Celebrity ship makes you feel very welcome, as though they are genuinely delighted to have you on board.

Stunningly GORGEOUS looking ships. Crisp white paint, dark blue contrasting trim.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL dining rooms, (especially S class!) and AWESOME lamb chops. :)

Indian curries every day at the lunch buffet. Fast friendly service.

Clean comfortable well kept cabins, and AWESOME lamb chops. ;)

VERY reasonable pricing, especially on transatlantic cruises.

Incredible array of delicious martinis and great bar service.

Wonderful specialty dining venues like QSine and Lawn Club that BOTH serve...

...wait for it... AWESOME lamb chops! :D

G'day Teecee60

Are the lamb chops any good?

:D

Got an awesome deal over a year ago on a C1 cabin. Can't wait to cruise-but as it gets closer I am realizing I just don't know what to expect from Celebrity. SOOOO, what's your favorite thing about Celebrity Cruises??

It looks as though you are on the Constellation - my favourite ship. M class so not so big as s class but, for me, much nicer. This ship has the friendliest staff of the line and they take pleasure in keeping their reputation. We were told this is from cruise report analysis. Our best speciality meal ever was in the a Ocean Liner restaurant - however, there have been many cut backs in the past five years. Don't look at pictures, etc - you have booked now. Just enjoy your first experience as you board. I would be extremely suprised if you don't have your best cruise experience ever.

You have cruised enough to be 'in the know' about what goes on. You will find Celebrity to be more refined (IMHO) without some of the constant rush to go here, or go there that seems to happen on the other lines you have sailed.

For us it is truly more of a vacation and time to unwind, as we have found the other line's more like waiting in line for a ride at Six Flags.

As others mentioned, the level of service will be the big difference. Now if you like the always in your face bar server asking if you want the drink of the day by the pool, you will be disappointed, as sometimes we do have to go fetch something on our own, but that is not a bad thing (IOHO).

The Connie is a wonderful Ship that will wet your appetite for Celebrity. The S-Class group is our favorite class of ships of the 7 lines we have sailed over the years.

Edited by wallie5446

This will be our first time on Celebrity (Silhouette), and also the first time on a ship of this size. Final confirmation came today from TA and I attempted to book some of the specialty restaurants only to find that none were available! Is this common? Should I wait to get on board and speak to the Maitre'd of each restaurant?

We opted out of Aqua class mainly due to the great reviews of the other dining venues as well as the main dining room. We also booked the late seating as the shows really aren't why we cruise.

Is anyone else concerned about the propulsion issues? My TA talked with Celebrity and was assured that things would be fine with no changes in ports, times, etc.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich and Ric (Atlanta, GA)

This will be our first time on Celebrity (Silhouette), and also the first time on a ship of this size. Final confirmation came today from TA and I attempted to book some of the specialty restaurants only to find that none were available! Is this common?

Rich and Ric (Atlanta, GA)

We are on the November 23rd segment. Really looking forward to 3 days at sea

Ok, the sailing over the Thanksgiving holiday. The speciality's seem to fill faster on a holiday sailing. Were you trying to book them one at a time or as part of one of the speciality packages?

It seems that they hold some seats back for on ship sales. There have been a few threads about going to the booking table first thing upon boarding to get a table.

Ok, the sailing over the Thanksgiving holiday. The speciality's seem to fill faster on a holiday sailing. Were you trying to book them one at a time or as part of one of the speciality packages?

It seems that they hold some seats back for on ship sales. There have been a few threads about going to the booking table first thing upon boarding to get a table.

When we sailed on Reflection in 2013 (Spring Break) I had a very long conversation with the Maitre'D in Murano. When he found out I was a restaurant lifer we both started exchanging stories and filled me in on the reservation situation. They do hold back some tables in all of the restaurants. Mostly for suite guests and for the sale of the Ultimate Dinning Packsge http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1818897

Absolutely book as soon as you get on.

We are on the November 23rd segment. Really looking forward to 3 days at sea

My husband and I are Celebrity fans. We will be taking our 1st Silhouette cruise on Nov. 16th and staying onboard for the cruise on the 23rd. We will be joined by friends on the 23rd cruise. The Silhouette is the only Celebrity ship we have not yet sailed on. We are sure it will meet all our expectations!

Hey, it's a cruise. Not really different than any others. Have fun.