Its gone

dhill

Having been on ten or so of the Pied Piper Groups, it's not the Pied Piper group holding a large block or rooms, generally the Pied Piper groups are less than 50 people w exception being their post Thanksgiving day cruise.

My guess is that it's the CME Group (Continuing Medical Education)

It's a large group of mostly Canadian (and American) Medical Professionals

that does quite a few enrichment programs like this for their members

This years focus is "Charting a New Course for improved patient Care"

And they have advertised this April 20th cruise on Solstice to their membership

Thats what I heard also.That it wasnt one big group but a few smaller groups

This is advertised on PP, And at least one other gay cruising TA, and also as a CME continuing education course, which is how medical professionals get tax deductible vacations. Don't know how big either group is, but the CME group will definitely be holdings meetings.

This is advertised on PP, And at least one other gay cruising TA, and also as a CME continuing education course, which is how medical professionals get tax deductible vacations. Don't know how big either group is, but the CME group will definitely be holdings meetings.

Any kind of group travel is normally picked up by other TA's marketing to same crowd

Same with e CME group, saw it advertised on 3 other medical relates websites, and I'm sure they will have some meetings onboard

Some groups surprise me though. We were on Summit a few years back and they had a group of bikers (with their motorcycles) onboard. I think they numbered about 150, My perception was that they would be annoying and loud, instead they were the nicest, most enjoyable group I've ever experienced onboard.

We were on a cruise with a group of Italian pharmacists. Other than speedos at the pool and a few announcements in Italian, we would never had known they were on the cruise. That same cruise had a bunch of Cookie Lee sales reps on it. All the women were impeccably dressed and accessorized at all times. As far as we know, they never took over any venue that would have had something scheduled for regular passengers at the time. We still had a great cruise.

On another cruise, we had an organ company and its reps on it. They did take over the wedding chapel for its samples. Ordinary passengers could not go in it. They also rigged the voting for karaoke--not that that mattered to me.

ITS BACK! I was looking around on the computer this morning and noticed this cruise was back on Celebertys web site for sale. I also found it on some other Big web sites for sale.I guess the group bookings were not going as planned.:eek:

So what is it?

A gay cruise taking up 60% of the ship?

A small medical group that may use the library?

Lots of conflicting information in this thread.

OP I hope it doesn't put a damper on your cruise, though personally I'd dig deeper and possibly cancel. Big groups=ruined cruises.

ITS BACK! I was looking around on the computer this morning and noticed this cruise was back on Celebertys web site for sale. I also found it on some other Big web sites for sale.I guess the group bookings were not going as planned.:eek:

Did you book with a TA?

If so, have they been any assistance to you in getting verifiable information?

If not, why not?

Did you book with a TA?

If so, have they been any assistance to you in getting verifiable information?

If not, why not?

YEs we booked with a T.A. WE really are not that worried about who else is on the ship!. We have been planning this vacation for a long time.WE were just curious when this cruise was taken off the regular websites as to why.We will enjoy are cruise no matter what group big or small is on board.I mean look at the iteneary looks like a good time to us:)

YEs we booked with a T.A. WE really are not that worried about who else is on the ship!. We have been planning this vacation for a long time.WE were just curious when this cruise was taken off the regular websites as to why.We will enjoy are cruise no matter what group big or small is on board.I mean look at the iteneary looks like a good time to us:)

What does your TA say about the 'strange goings on' with it being taken off the site and then back again? Did they contact the cruise line?

I am sure you will have a great time. You have a wonderful attitude.

Not long go, we were on a cruise that also had a "oldies but goodies" group that had entertainers from the 60's- I tried to find out ahead of time what venues they would be using, and was rebuffed- saying that there would not be any changes for those that were not with the group. Well, that was not the case, we found that the evening theater events were impossible to get into unless you showed up 45 minutes early- some nights there was only one show since the group was using the venue later- and the act from one night did not play again in the Club Fusion the next night- since the Club Fusion was used by the group-also some of the lounges- and one night there was no entertainment in the Theater for a concert and the "normal entertainment" that would have been in the lounges were in the Atrium- or the Calypso Cove (small lounge on deck 6)- with standing room only- very uncomfortable for all guests. During the day, there were a number of venues that had signs- reserved for special event. If I knew there was a large group like this on board- that will be having "special events or productions" - I would change my reservations or join the group and pay the extra money.