Vision of the seas

Smallfamily

Hi just wanted to drop a quick note we were on the 8/28 cozumel and 9/1 bermuda. We were a little worried about other reviews but we received the best service of any royal or celebrity cruise we have ever taken . Great stateroom attendant, great waiter and assistant, the head waiter came by ever night and even the windjammer manager everytime we went in. Wow so impressed good job vision 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi just wanted to drop a quick note we were on the 8/28 cozumel and 9/1 bermuda. We were a little worried about other reviews but we received the best service of any royal or celebrity cruise we have ever taken . Great stateroom attendant, great waiter and assistant, the head waiter came by ever night and even the windjammer manager everytime we went in. Wow so impressed good job vision

We were also on board with you for the 9/1 cruise. We also had a nice time and enjoyed the cruise. Those of you sailing on the Vision in the near future, enjoy Captain Marek. He has recently been promoted to Captain and soon become one of the most liked captains. Always out and about and people friendly.

Hi just wanted to drop a quick note we were on the 8/28 cozumel and 9/1 bermuda. We were a little worried about other reviews but we received the best service of any royal or celebrity cruise we have ever taken . Great stateroom attendant, great waiter and assistant, the head waiter came by ever night and even the windjammer manager everytime we went in. Wow so impressed good job vision

Thanks for the positive words! I'll be on Vision this Saturday, probably boarding about 121 hours from now, but who's counting!

I would absolutely cruise on the Vision again (but avoid any level of cabin on Deck 8-many talked about the noise from the pool deck). Service everywhere was excellent but as said above the food in both the MDR and Windjammer was fair at best.
I was in an aft JS (8090) - absolutely no noise at all.

Great ship except the food in the MDR and Windjammer was only fair.

Hi,

I am reading the comments with some interest because I / we will be cruising on Vision first part of dec.

I know that things can change from cruise to cruise or even the service received can be different on the same cruise for one person and / or someone else. ...

but the " food fair" comments might be the same for some time - including our cruise.

We did enjoy the food served in the MDR on our previous cruise on Vision ( two years ago).

It is a little disapointing to me that the food in the MDR and windjammer is getting to be only 'fair'.

Thank you for your comments /observations.

I enjoyed reading your review of VOS. We are looking forward to our cruise on her next year.

I've read a lot of negative reviews about this ship. Personally, I like good food but it's not a deal breaker for me. I enjoy cruising because my wife and I enjoy traveling to different places and meeting new people.

If any of you have time, I encourage you to go to a thread I started about Vision of the Seas, and post a few of your positive remarks there. The reason I say "positive" is only because there are already so many threads that are full of complaining.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2083255

Happy cruising everyone. It's a great way to see the world!

Glad to hear the good reports re: Vision will be on in Nov. Bette and Bill we are also on the Brillance 10/26, hope we meet up sometime.

We will definitely have to get together while on board.

Great ship except the food in the MDR and Windjammer was only fair.

Jim - it was good to meet you on the Vision. I personally found it hard to find something I would eat. But then most of the time, Bill had no trouble at all. although there was one night he did not see a thing he wanted and that was the night I had more to chose from than I could possibly eat. We did not eat in the Windjammer very much at all this cruise (except for breakfast). We did enjoy lunch in the main dining room.

If any of you have time, I encourage you to go to a thread I started about Vision of the Seas, and post a few of your positive remarks there. The reason I say "positive" is only because there are already so many threads that are full of complaining......

!

Hi JimAOK,

I read most if not all of the posts on your tread and I appreciated and value all of the comments: the good and the bad ( experience)........ I am actually surprized that you suggested in one of your posts on your thread as well as on this one that :

"post a few of your positive remarks there"

Why post only the positive ? Why not to post the comments based on what happened.

Some people who only ate at the additional cost restaurants and enjoed the benefits of CL or DL, or even had a dinner with top officers - will have a completly different experience than someone who did not have those benefits.

I read some of the comments on your thread as well as on this thread about the food in the MDR - I believe that these comments are true and the posters who wrote them are seasoned cruisers.

There is no doubt in my mind that RCI needs to make money and it is difficult to do on the smaller ships ...... so every penny counts ...... perhaps they need to put back a dollar or two in the food budget for the MDR and windjammer.

Two years ago RCI was allocating 12.50 dol p/p ( on Vision) for food daily ..... I do not know how much it is now, perhaps it is the same ..... but look how much the prices went up for food even in your or my grocery store.

I know that I can pay for 'better' food in the other restaurants on the Vision ...... but I think that what is offered in the MDR should be more than 'fair' for most if not all.

Edited by wieslaw

We only used the diamond lounge to grab coffee so I can't comment on it. We ate most meals in the mdr and thought the food was good. I always order a couple of entrees and a couple of appetizers so always find something I really enjoy and heck I didn't have to shop, cook and clean so what's not to love. The windjammer is what's expected for a cafeteria meal it's decent and quick. Usually had a great salad bar and some sort of chicken, pork etc.

Hi JimAOK,

I read most if not all of the posts on your tread and I appreciated and value all of the comments: the good and the bad ( experience)........ I am actually surprized that you suggested in one of your posts on your thread as well as on this one that :

"post a few of your positive remarks there"

Why post only the positive ? Why not to post the comments based on what happened.

Most people who start a thread to give a personal review of their cruise will post everything they experienced, both good and bad. That type of thread is beneficial in many ways. In starting my thread, I was hoping to have a different type of thread based on the good experiences people have had on this particular ship. That's why I chose the title "Why All The Negativity About Vision Of The Seas."

While I value honest opinions, I was hoping to keep my thread focused on the positive experiences people had on Vision of the Seas.

Happy cruising wherever you may go.

Edited by JimAOk1945