Tricks/Tips/Secrets to get the most out of Cheers Program

geoburm

Please does anyone know if Carnival Legend stocks the liqueur Crème De Menthe? I'm hoping to do a 3 night cruise out of Melbourne, Australia in 2019.

I've learnt LOTS just from reading this thread, including a size to check my cooler bag that I usually use for frozen shopping. If it's the right size I'll bring it with me, it folds up quite small for packing.

As thread was started in 2014, you may want to confirm that what you read is still feasible.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks for pre-judging my intentions. What I should have stated more clearly is, is the pool area and beach at Margaritaville considered somewhat public? I’ve read you don’t have to buy anything to enjoy either. I go to a resort on the lake where they have no problem with you enjoying a beer from your boat on their docks or the swim areas or even their beach. Head INTO their restaurant and that would be different. Having never been to Grand Turk, I was simply asking a question. Save your judgements and internet squabbles for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While visiting Grand Turk in the past, I brought some unopened cans of beer from onboard that I received as part of Cheers. Large plastic bag with ice wrapped in a towel turned into a makeshift cooler and kept 6 beers nice and cold.

Thanks for pre-judging my intentions. What I should have stated more clearly is, is the pool area and beach at Margaritaville considered somewhat public? I’ve read you don’t have to buy anything to enjoy either. I go to a resort on the lake where they have no problem with you enjoying a beer from your boat on their docks or the swim areas or even their beach. Head INTO their restaurant and that would be different. Having never been to Grand Turk, I was simply asking a question. Save your judgements and internet squabbles for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL no one is pre-judging anything. You came right out and directly asked whether you could take ship liquor to the Margaritaville pool. That wasn't an assumption.

• 2 months later...

So if I buy the Cheers package, and I use it for water or soda...it counts against the 15 allotted a day. And at 15 I am not allowed to purchase any additional alcohol. Is that correct? If I have 2 specialty coffees, 5 bottles of water I'm down to 8 drinks and then if want a 9th I'm cut off completely? That's seems strange, if I have money and want to buy more Carnival will not let me?

So if I buy the Cheers package, and I use it for water or soda...it counts against the 15 allotted a day. And at 15 I am not allowed to purchase any additional alcohol. Is that correct? If I have 2 specialty coffees, 5 bottles of water I'm down to 8 drinks and then if want a 9th I'm cut off completely? That's seems strange, if I have money and want to buy more Carnival will not let me?

No. Soda, water, and coffee does not count toward the 15...only drinks with alcohol in them.

From the Carnival FAQ:

"Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks. "

https://www.carnival.com/help#section-1

I may be wrong but the 15 probably includes the spiked coffees and milkshakes.

Personal opinion: Totally worth it (for me). I woke up and grabbed an iced cappuccino (sometimes with a shot of Absolut Vanilla, or just one of the spiked coffees), start the morning with a light tropical drink and get into the heavier stuff later, having a vitamin water or coconut water every 3-4 drinks. With at minimum 6 alcoholic drinks per day + waters and coffee I got my moneys worth every day. If your ship has the Alchemy bar, each drink is 10.95 (pre-tip) and since Cheers includes tip, having just 5 or 6 of those a day is worth it. End the night by grabbing a bottled water.

Edited by stargazer424

Yes, the spiked coffees as well as the spiked milkshakes and floats all count against your 15 alcoholic drinks per day. If I am not mistaken, the Shake Spot with the alcohol infused shakes and floats is only available on the Horizon, Vista and Sunshine. Should also be on the Panorama as well as the Triumph once she is "sunshined".

Yes, the spiked coffees as well as the spiked milkshakes and floats all count against your 15 alcoholic drinks per day. If I am not mistaken, the Shake Spot with the alcohol infused shakes and floats is only available on the Horizon, Vista and Sunshine. Should also be on the Panorama as well as the Triumph once she is "sunshined".

I love the spiked coffees, I just don't think they are prepared very consistently. Some are super strong, some are super weak, some lots of coffee, some a few shots of espresso. All of them taste fine but never the same.

$5 match play is the way to go!! On our 7 day on the Dream in December 2013, my wife and I accumulated 43 of them. That is $215 in match play. I pulled out the matching money in chips and played all 43 of them. When I was done, I had 24 wins for a profit of $120. Which was promptly spent on a watch for the wife:eek::rolleyes:

I LOVE this Carnival promotion!! I imagine if your really tried, you could almost pay for the Cheers program if the cards were right and you only drank the qualifying drinks.:D

I see this is an old response...I'm wondering if Carnival still does this? I'm not much of a gambler or a drinker but I do have the Cheers package for my cruise next week so I would like to give it a go.

I see this is an old response...I'm wondering if Carnival still does this? I'm not much of a gambler or a drinker but I do have the Cheers package for my cruise next week so I would like to give it a go.
Nope

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

What does a vodka red bull run these days?? Just wondering if Cheers will cover it

They don’t have Red Bull but they do have Rockstar and sugar free Rockstar. Rockstar and Grey Goose was $13 and it’s totally covered under Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don’t have Red Bull but they do have Rockstar and sugar free Rockstar. Rockstar and Grey Goose was $13 and it’s totally covered under Cheers.

Totally love a couple of these midday to break up the beer. My poison is Titos and sugar free Rockstar.

They only pour in some of the Rockstar and will give you the rest of the can if you ask for it. You've paid for it so you might as well get it.

Totally love a couple of these midday to break up the beer. My poison is Titos and sugar free Rockstar.

They only pour in some of the Rockstar and will give you the rest of the can if you ask for it. You've paid for it so you might as well get it.

I had 37 of these my last cruise so I guess it was more than to just break up the beer lol. My experience is they usually give you the can as well and I’ll usually order a vodka on the rocks for a second one and pour my own “stronger” drink since I’m adding the mixer

I love the spiked coffees, I just don't think they are prepared very consistently. Some are super strong, some are super weak, some lots of coffee, some a few shots of espresso. All of them taste fine but never the same.

This is somewhat true of all mixed drinks - they vary by who makes them. I figure out pretty quickly which bar makes the best mojito - my drink of choice (more often than not it's the aft pool bar) . When it come to coffee drinks, If you are not sure how many shots of espresso are in a drink, ask, and specify what you want. If it has a single liqueur you can order your shot on the side.

• 7 months later...
On 9/20/2014 at 10:23 AM, DKF97 said:

I send my hubby all the time with my card, never a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

same here, one of us usually goes, but we get to know the bartenders! LOL

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but if you have Cheers, are a beer drinker, and Half Moon Cay is one of your ports of all, make sure to save a couple of your drink credits per day to pick up a beer (unopened) from the bar. Save them and take them to HMC with you and you have drinks for the day 🙂