Celebrity Website Issues

dioxide45

I am happy for everyone who now can see the reservations. But now I have a problem. I could see everything before but now I keep getting a message saying I need to upgrade my Internet Explorer or I will be unable to book excursions, dining or beverage packages and will not be able to do online check in. It says I am using Internet Explorer 8, but I am not. I am using Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7. I have been told not to upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 since there are some problems using it with Windows 7. So I don't know where that leaves me. This is not a good way to start my first cruise with Celebrity.

Sharon

Don't break out the champagne yet. I have two reservations, one works just fine. The second one gives me an error message stating "agency data not found for this country". This is for the 13 day Med cruise on the Equinox next month. Maybe they should call the Geek Squad for assistance.

Don't break out the champagne yet. I have two reservations, one works just fine. The second one gives me an error message stating "agency data not found for this country". This is for the 13 day Med cruise on the Equinox next month. Maybe they should call the Geek Squad for assistance.

Same Thing. Far from fixed it looks like

I am happy for everyone who now can see the reservations. But now I have a problem. I could see everything before but now I keep getting a message saying I need to upgrade my Internet Explorer or I will be unable to book excursions, dining or beverage packages and will not be able to do online check in. It says I am using Internet Explorer 8, but I am not. I am using Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7. I have been told not to upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 since there are some problems using it with Windows 7. So I don't know where that leaves me. This is not a good way to start my first cruise with Celebrity.

Sharon

Try using Google Chrome, this works me. I also get that upgrade message but as I am still on XP I can't upgrade Explorer without upgrading Windows which I won't do until I absolutely have to. So I now use Chrome where Explorer 8 no longer works - so far only Celebrity and Ancestry.com

Try using Google Chrome, this works me. I also get that upgrade message but as I am still on XP I can't upgrade Explorer without upgrading Windows which I won't do until I absolutely have to. So I now use Chrome where Explorer 8 no longer works - so far only Celebrity and Ancestry.com

Thank you. It does work on Chrome. But I find it crazy that the Celebrity site says I am using Explorer 8 when I am using Explorer 10. It doesn't seem to know what browser I am using, very strange.

Sharon

I just tried it again and it worked! I had sent a scathing e-mail to concerns@celebrity.com, I don't know if that had any effect or not. Now the burning question, how long will it keep working??

I just tried it again and it worked! I had sent a scathing e-mail to concerns@celebrity.com, I don't know if that had any effect or not. Now the burning question, how long will it keep working??

Yeah, time will tell. It is great news that people are able to use the website again for what it was designed for.:D

"As valued Elite members with our Captain’s Club, you and your insights are important to us. Therefore, I am truly sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced as a result of recent updates to our website."

Does that mean the rest of us do not matter? Someone needs some retraining!

Not at all. No need for concern.

It is just a standard form reply where they plug in whatever level you happen to be.

As valued (fill in the blank) members with our Captain’s Club, you and your insights are important to us.

If you are not yet a member of Captain's Club at any level, there is probably some other phrase that gets substituted telling you how important you are. :D

Not at all. No need for concern.

It is just a standard form reply where they plug in whatever level you happen to be.

As valued (fill in the blank) members with our Captain’s Club, you and your insights are important to us.

If you are not yet a member of Captain's Club at any level, there is probably some other phrase that gets substituted telling you how important you are. :D

As a valued future customer, you and your insights are important to us....:rolleyes:

I tried emailing Dondra Ritzenthaler, the SVP of Sales to see if she knew anything. Didn't get any type of reply from her or the other execs I emailed , but got a call from the resolutions department saying basically nothing. "We know that there is an issue, and we're working on it, blah blah blah "We apologize for the frustration" blah blah blah, if you want to buy something we can sell it to you over the phone.

Can't say I blame any of the higher ups for not answering, as I'd be hiding in my office also from the embarrassment that continues to grow with each frustrated passenger. Cruise critic is a small sampling of their customer base, I'm sure they are getting calls and letters from everyone on this, and what else can they say at this point other than its broken and they don't know how to fix it.

Couldn't agree more. I'm a glass half full type of guy, and I try and give every individual and/or company the benefit of the doubt when a problem arises, but it seems like no one is at least coming out saying, I'm in charge of this issue and this is the plan to remedy it. Instead you get the poor social media techs that monitor websites just passing on the generic non committal scripted replies on behalf of the management team.

For the first time in two decades, I'm actually considering HAL or Cunard for any future voyages

I did want to provide an update

The day after I posted this I did get an email from Dondra providing better clarity on the plan for resolution to the issue, and I appreciate that she took the time to do so

Today (Sunday) received a call from the Celebrity IT people following up on the specifics that were raised in my letter, and I have to say they were really helpful (not just standard scripted answers, but specific details on the problems and solutions)

They were also nice enough to give me a point of contact should I experience similar problems, Again very very appreciated. To me as the owner of an international business myself, I know recovery from a problem is just as important (if not more so) than addressing the problem itself.

So Thank You Celebrity :):D

We could see our booking and look at excursions etc before the weekend maintenance, now just keep either getting a message saying our reservation is being amended or otherwise just go round in circles!

Very frustrating when we had finally got to the stage where we had decided which excursions we wanted to book. :mad:

Sorry, don't need a reply or solution, just venting. ;)

Here's a new one. I just tried to e-mail the Captain's Club, via Celebrity's web site, with a question about my upcoming cruise. When I hit the send button, I got a message stating the web page could not be found and referred me right back to the original web site. I'll give them a call.

In the last year, my impression of Celebrity has went from they could walk on water, to be barely able to hold their head above it. The cutbacks, the customer service, and their web site is making me reevaluate if they are the ones I want to spend my money with. Even being an Elite Plus, with all the percs, I'm not sure the grief is worth it.

I did want to provide an update

The day after I posted this I did get an email from Dondra providing better clarity on the plan for resolution to the issue, and I appreciate that she took the time to do so

Today (Sunday) received a call from the Celebrity IT people following up on the specifics that were raised in my letter, and I have to say they were really helpful (not just standard scripted answers, but specific details on the problems and solutions)

They were also nice enough to give me a point of contact should I experience similar problems, Again very very appreciated. To me as the owner of an international business myself, I know recovery from a problem is just as important (if not more so) than addressing the problem itself.

So Thank You Celebrity :):D

So how does the average Celebrity Cruiser garner this kind of attention!

Or any kind of attention actually.