menu favorites

joeyancho

Living in the middle of the country [Cincinnati], it is always hard to get fresh

seafood at any price. Therefor I have smoked Salmon [lox] every single morning for breakfast, with capers, cream cheese, and bagel. If it is not out I ask and they have always come through.

On the Diamond, one of the small dining rooms had a specialty of osse bucco. It was fantastic; incredibly tender and juicy.

I always have the Alfredo a time or two on each voyage. I ask for garlic and anchovies, but to each their own on that. Always so satisfying.

Once in the buffet, and I think in the DR too, they had the most awesome lamb shank. I got two!

Too many to list. By all means ask those you dine with, and I am certain you

will simply never have enough opportunities to try everything you would love. Another thing that keeps bringing me back.

Doug

Is sushi ever served anywhere on the ships, either at the buffet or on the menu? Is it nigiri sushi and temaki rolls made with the raw fish? Or is it just california rolls?

The sushi (occasionally) served in the buffet is generally beyond disappointing, like the stuff that's been sitting in the refrigerated section of your supermarket a bit too long. I have had quite decent nigiri sushi in the Platinum lounge, if you qualify for that. Can't speak to the quality of the sushi offered at Vines. (The Royal, as I recall, had a sushi bar, but I don't recall seeing anyone actually eating there.) No sushi offered in the MDR that I know of. I'll be cruising Japan on the Diamond, which has a dedicated sushi restaurant. We'll see.

Have you ever tried the Love Boat Sundae off the kid menu for dessert? Sugar overload, but sooooooo good.

I've read about the kid's dessert menu a few times here on CC. If I want to order from this one night can I ask the waiter to see the kid's menu? Would love to try some of the desserts I've read about.

Looking forward to our first Princess cruise. Dining is a big part of why I cruise. Maybe some veterans could tell me what your favorites are in the MDR and at the buffet. Don't want to miss any great dishes. Thanks in advance.

Goat cheese souffle

flourless chocolate cake

lobster

fettucine alfredo

creme brulee

I've read about the kid's dessert menu a few times here on CC. If I want to order from this one night can I ask the waiter to see the kid's menu? Would love to try some of the desserts I've read about.

Yes. I've gotten the spaghetti from the kids' menu. They also have a good alphabet soup (sort of like a chicken noodle.)

I always have an appetizer portion of the pasta -they are wonderful (but I never eat the Alfredo).

I like the pheasant when they serve it on formal nights.

I Love breakfasts in the MDR any day of the week.

I love most of the desserts, but I am particularly annoyed on last night because they have the most wonderful apple pie -and Baked Alaska....I am forced, forced...to have both....;)

Some of my faves:

Apps: Escargot, chilled fruit soups, Eggplant parmesan, French onion soup, Goat cheese souffle, Red snapper Mojito

Dinners: Rack of lamb, Lobster, Scallops, Lamb shank with mint jelly

Desserts, Orange souffle, Tiramisu, Menage a trois, NY style cheesecake, and the Sorbets are divine!

Looking forward to our first Princess cruise. Dining is a big part of why I cruise. Maybe some veterans could tell me what your favorites are in the MDR and at the buffet. Don't want to miss any great dishes. Thanks in advance.

Not always in this order..

IMG_7295_zps2bf8d782.jpg

lobster_zps34bd776a.jpg

cookie.jpg

This is the kids' menu. It has stayed the same for a few years. It is the same at both dinner and lunch. Anyone can order from the kids' menu; you only have to ask.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u19/mcruises/Image.gif

My grandson recommends the garden salad. It's a basic lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad with choice of dressing. If any of the salads on the adult menu look too "exotic" for you, this kids' salad would be an alternative. The portion size was about the same.