Wine from Gifts by Celebrity?

Theodorable

I have purchased 3 bottles of wine for our cruise next month. I did this months ago and my credit card has been charged. I have printed off the confirmation, but just want to know if anyone has had problems actually getting the wine? I presume that it will be waiting in the cabin on embarkation.

I really hate having to fight for things and this is the first time I have actually ordered anything in advance.

Was this a good experience...or did you have a struggle getting your wine?

Thanks

We have never purchased for ourselves, but have purchased it for gift for friends. We have found that it is not always in the room waiting on embarkation day. It is usually delivered the next day. We have never had a problem with it never showing up at all. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a precaution, be sure to bring a copy of the order confirmation along with you. They are usually very good about getting orders delivered, but if there is a problem, having a copy of the confirmation will speed up the correction process.

Have had both cases, sometimes in the cabin when we arrive other times it has been delivered the first evening after we set sail or the next day. Seems to depend on where your sailing from as some ports have tax on things sold while the ship is in port (yes I know you ordered & paid already). Different ports/countries have different regulations & taxes. It has been our experience that Celebrity tries to insure that you incur no additional taxes.

If you get on board the the wine is not in your cabin just ask you stateroom steward, he or she will know when the wine will be delivered.

I've noticed many varied experiences with thee delivery of Gifts by Celebrity.

I did as you, ordered myself 5 bottles of sparkling wine (price was lower than on board, and no gratuity either) for a sail-away party I hosted.

To ensure the gift arrived for sailing, in the box where you can type a message for the guest the gift is for, I instead typed "please have in cabin on arrival and have all 5 bottles on ice for a sail-away party"

All 5 bottles were there waiting, on ice along with the necessary glasses.

I see they have the wine I love. So no grats or tax if we order prior to boarding?

And if we order after we board, we need to pay grats, right?

correct.

However after boarding, if you have a beverage package, you will get 10% off bottles with classic beverage and 20% off with Premium beverage package, and if elite, will get your elite coupons for similar discounts. These discounts can't be used pre-boarding.

correct.

However after boarding, if you have a beverage package, you will get 10% off bottles with classic beverage and 20% off with Premium beverage package, and if elite, will get your elite coupons for similar discounts. These discounts can't be used pre-boarding.

Ah, very good, thank you so much.

We're elite so I'll wait till we board. We have a lot of OBC to use!

If you purchase wine ahead of time, can you bring to dining room without corkage fee? Thanks!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As long as you purchased the wine through Celebrity there will be no corkage fee.

The corkage fee is only charged for wine you you've brought on board with you and taken to a dining room, restaurant or bar to consume.

Edited by Lsimon

If you purchase wine ahead of time, can you bring to dining room without corkage fee? Thanks!!

You should be able to bring it to the dining room without a corkage fee, when it is ordered from Celebrity. To make sure there isn't a problem, simply ask your steward to send it to the dining room for you. We've done this with the bottle of sparkling wine included in the CC class rooms, then shared it with whoever was at the table with us. If you take it to the dining room yourself, it can be a hassle plus if it needs to be chilled, it won't be.

We ordered six bottles to be delivered straight to the DR on embarkation day...will our waiter inform us they are there? Thanks all for your help!!

The regular dining room waiter does not do wine. There is a sommelier (a special wine waiter) who takes wine orders and pours the wine so they are the ones who will take care of this.

Someone posted above that the advance gift orders don't include a gratuity charge. Since the sommeliers income depends on the gratuities I wonder how they feel about this and how service will be.

Edited by Crazy Cruzer

We ordered six bottles to be delivered straight to the DR on embarkation day...will our waiter inform us they are there? Thanks all for your help!!

Any reason you asked for all 6 to be in MDR on arrival rather than in cabin?

I imagine they will end up in your cabin, and if not, at dinner your first night, ask the sommelier about your wines, and they will get the particular one you want. As Gifts are outside of the F&B folks realm really, expect some delay as they sort the details (contact guest services to verify the order etc....)

I doubt you will get to your table and find 6 bottles of wine sitting there.

Any reason you asked for all 6 to be in MDR on arrival rather than in cabin?

I imagine they will end up in your cabin, and if not, at dinner your first night, ask the sommelier about your wines, and they will get the particular one you want. As Gifts are outside of the F&B folks realm really, expect some delay as they sort the details (contact guest services to verify the order etc....)

I doubt you will get to your table and find 6 bottles of wine sitting there.

We ordered them to dining room as that is where we plan to drink them so thought it was easiest...I guess I assumed they would just tell us and we would pick which we wanted each evening...Hope I didn't make an easy situation complicated!!

Is dining room delivery an option? I've not seen that before. Always had them appear in the stateroom.

Yes and you can even select what days to deliver to DR...you can select either stateroom or DR