Elua Schedule 2014-15

Elua

Well dang! I would really like to see Elua again. Dave is a great singer and uke instructor, and I counted him as a friend when we sailed in the past. We sailed on the Golden Princess twice before and he and Leialoha were on board both times. But this time we figured we'd do the cruise a little different, and elected to sail on the Grand Princess out of San Fran. Haven't seen SF in several years, and never sailed under the Golden Gate. Oh well, I'm sure Princess will have similar activities scheduled for the Grand in April 2016.

That's the plan anyway - I need to call my TA and book the cruise!:cool:

Doug

Anything can happen Doug. :)

You never know.

Patti

Well, my wife and I booked the cruise today. Looking forward to those sea days; always our most favorite activity! I spent most of my first 8 years on Oahu where my dad was stationed with the Navy. I also spend some time there while I was in the Navy. I am retired now. My wife Kathy and I love to cruise and travel in general. Looking forward to seeing the Grand, a ship on which we have not sailed, although we have sailed on her sister ships.

We are flying out from Memphis. We will probably fly out the day before and stay in a hotel near the ship. So we'd love to hear from anyone about the hotels, transportation to/from the ship, etc. I understand Princess offers airport-ship-airport transfers for $58, which is a great price I think, but if we stay at a hotel I suppose we'll have to use a cab.

Looking forward to another wonderful ocean voyage.

PS - I was naval aviation, not the ship-Navy; otherwise I might be sick of ships!:cool:

I understand Princess offers airport-ship-airport transfers for $58, which is a great price I think, but if we stay at a hotel I suppose we'll have to use a cab.

Or SuperShuttle which probably would cost less.

Well, my wife and I booked the cruise today. Looking forward to those sea days; always our most favorite activity! I spent most of my first 8 years on Oahu where my dad was stationed with the Navy. I also spend some time there while I was in the Navy. I am retired now. My wife Kathy and I love to cruise and travel in general. Looking forward to seeing the Grand, a ship on which we have not sailed, although we have sailed on her sister ships.

We are flying out from Memphis. We will probably fly out the day before and stay in a hotel near the ship. So we'd love to hear from anyone about the hotels, transportation to/from the ship, etc. I understand Princess offers airport-ship-airport transfers for $58, which is a great price I think, but if we stay at a hotel I suppose we'll have to use a cab.

Looking forward to another wonderful ocean voyage.

PS - I was naval aviation, not the ship-Navy; otherwise I might be sick of ships!:cool:

Princess offers "Stay & Cruise" packages that provide transfers from the airport to a hotel and then on to the ship the next morning. It may not be the least costly option but it takes all the head aches and luggage handling out of the trip.

PS - I was at the opposite side of the Navy---fast attack submarines.

Edited by nukesubsailor

Princess offers "Stay & Cruise" packages that provide transfers from the airport to a hotel and then on to the ship the next morning. It may not be the least costly option but it takes all the head aches and luggage handling out of the trip.

PS - I was at the opposite side of the Navy---fast attack submarines.

Oh, you WERE at the opposite side of the Navy! I was in P3s ASW trying to find you guys during many exercises! The other guys with the Slavic accents were much easier to find! :cool:

Thanks for the info on the "Stay and Cruise". I'll check into that. Sometimes convenience comes out ahead of cost!

• 5 weeks later...
Aloha Gang!

We are sorry we will not be joining you on this fabulous itinerary. We understand Brian & Rowena Vasquez will be onboard from October 17th until October 23rd. They will be conducting the Hawaiian program until the ship gets to Honolulu. Enjoy! They're beautiful people and Brian's 'ukulele playing is phenomenal!

Aloha, Lokelina & Kimo

Makani E

I just happened to be browsing some of the Princess Hawaii cruise boards and saw this message. My wife and I just saw Brian & Rowena Vasquez at The Strum Shop in Roseville, CA (near Sacramento) and I agree, Brian's ukulele playing is amazing! He's nicknamed "The Hawaiian Santana".

Lokelina & Kimo, are you scheduled for any Princess cruises this fall (2015)?

Thanks!

Derrick & Diana

Leialoha and Dave,

Any chance you'll still be on the Diamond for the September 2016 sailings? I hope so.

Look at a couple of pages earlier and you'll see a link Dave posted where they will put their schedule when they know it.

Doug

Look at a couple of pages earlier and you'll see a link Dave posted where they will put their schedule when they know it.

Doug

Aloha Doug,

Is that a Japanese sailing? Of course, we never really know where we will be that far in advance, but if past history is an indicator, there is a chance we will be there. If Princess decides to maintain the programming he Japanese sailings, I'm sure we will be there at least part of the season.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/elumausic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

• 2 weeks later...
I just happened to be browsing some of the Princess Hawaii cruise boards and saw this message. My wife and I just saw Brian & Rowena Vasquez at The Strum Shop in Roseville, CA (near Sacramento) and I agree, Brian's ukulele playing is amazing! He's nicknamed "The Hawaiian Santana".

Lokelina & Kimo, are you scheduled for any Princess cruises this fall (2015)?

Thanks!

Derrick & Diana

Aloha! Thanks for asking!

We'll be on

Pacific Princess-Sept 7-17

Golden Princess Sept 19-Oct 1

Ruby Princess Oct 3-18

Grand Princess Oct 24-Nov 8

Grand Princess Nov 25-Dec 10

Aloha, Kimo & Lokelina

• 1 month later...
Aloha! Looking to see who the Aloha Ambassadors will be on Grand Princess for Oct 29-Nov 13, 2016 :D

Mahalo!

Good luck. ELUA just posted their 2015 schedule about a week ago (Early September 2015 for Fall 2015). I don't expect you to see or hear anything about Fall 2016 until a year from now.

With that said, Princess are you listening, why don't they make that assignment sooner? It would really help us make this bookings in a timely manner.

While I am on my dream list: Please assign ELUA and CD Dave Cole on the same ship, same itinerary.

I might as well make more requests. Please have ELUA remain on your California Coastal or Mexico runs. That would be a hoot!

If there are any other "groupies", please feel free to chime in.

Aloha! Looking to see who the Aloha Ambassadors will be on Grand Princess for Oct 29-Nov 13, 2016 :D

Mahalo!

Aloha,

That particular cruise will probably not have a couple assigned to it for a little while as we tend to get our assignment one season at a time. But, as soon as I have any information on that, I will post it at our Facebook page which is:

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Leialoha and I would certainly hope to see you on one of our cruises in the near future.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha,

That particular cruise will probably not have a couple assigned to it for a little while as we tend to get our assignment one season at a time. But, as soon as I have any information on that, I will post it at our Facebook page which is:

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Leialoha and I would certainly hope to see you on one of our cruises in the near future.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

Thank you all so much!!:)