QM2 Arriving in NYC Sept 27

BlueRiband

Thank you for the kind comments. She passed under the VZ bridge about an hour later than normal for a New York arrival. (Come on girl! I'm cold out here!) With two other ships at the Manhattan Terminal they may not have been ready to receive her earlier than that. The timing however worked perfectly - almost as if the first light of dawn came to welcome her.

Thanks BlueRiband, for sharing your lovely video. How long were you in Battery Park filming? Yikes, it must have been a bit damp and chilly:eek: Crazy question - are you going to go back and film the departure later today? - At least it's warmed up considerably:) Thanks again, -S.

I have lived in NY all my life and sailing in & out of the west side piers of Manhattan is the best...historical, the view of NYC as you sail by.. the Statue of Liberty & sailing under the Verrazano Bridge. I have never sailed out of Brooklyn on any of the many many cruises I have sailed on since the early 1970's.

One of my favorites was the start of the world cruise on QE2...bone chilling cold w/ lots of people on deck waving to all the good wishers on shore...including on the promenade at Battery Park city!!!!

Thanks again!

For those who cannot get enough of your favorite ocean liner, I recorded her arrival this morning from Battery Park. As she approached the Statue of Liberty the first light at dawn began to illuminate her starboard side.

You naughty sausage! You got me all emotional with that music… :rolleyes:

But what an absolutely lovely video, and as already commented, the music works so well with it… Very, very nice…

Thank you so much for sharing… :)

For a view of QM2 where she seldom is, look at the Port of New York webcam.

http://portnywebcam.com/

Nice video, BlueRiband!

Thanks for reminding us of the Manhattan Terminal cam. I normally go to the Harbor House cam from Staten Island since QM2 usually berths in Redhook.

As I write I'm looking at her now...for one day at least New York again has Luxury Liner Row.

Salacia, I had given some thought to recording her from Governor's Island, which is open for the last time of the season this weekend. Unfortunately the last ferry leaves at 7PM and she won't likely sail before then. (Manhattan is not nearly as efficient for turning around ships plus she got a late arrival slot.)

I was in Battery Park from 4:30AM so I've already done my homage to the Queen. :D

Edited by BlueRiband

I have lived in NY all my life and sailing in & out of the west side piers of Manhattan is the best...historical, the view of NYC as you sail by.. the Statue of Liberty & sailing under the Verrazano Bridge. I have never sailed out of Brooklyn on any of the many many cruises I have sailed on since the early 1970's.

One of my favorites was the start of the world cruise on QE2...bone chilling cold w/ lots of people on deck waving to all the good wishers on shore...including on the promenade at Battery Park city!!!!

Thanks again!

Rotterdam, all you life you have lived in NY all your life and never sailed from Breukelen?

You naughty sausage! You got me all emotional with that music… :rolleyes:

But what an absolutely lovely video, and as already commented, the music works so well with it… Very, very nice…

It's a beautiful clip that contains the serenity and majesty QM2 brings with her arrival. It was a bit pricier than what I normally would spend for something like this. But it would be perfect so it was saved for a series of arrival images like this. Glad you enjoyed it...now if only Cunard will give me some OBC for any new bookings it might get because of it. ;)

It's a beautiful clip that contains the serenity and majesty QM2 brings with her arrival. It was a bit pricier than what I normally would spend for something like this. But it would be perfect so it was saved for a series of arrival images like this. Glad you enjoyed it...now if only Cunard will give me some OBC for any new bookings it might get because of it. ;)

Hi Blue Riband. Please forgive ignorance, but I don't understand what you meant by "It was a bit pricier than what I normally would spend for something like this. But it would be perfect so it was saved for a series of arrival images like this." Would you please help me understand the process? Thanks, -S.

For those who cannot get enough of your favorite ocean liner, I recorded her arrival this morning from Battery Park. As she approached the Statue of Liberty the first light at dawn began to illuminate her starboard side.

Again, I thank you for your video. I haven't been able to film the sights you captured from a stationary position on Battery Park because I think it is an impossibility. Also the wake of the ship sailing through the water never seemed to vary, oddly enough. So please forgive me for being skeptical (I am a New Yorker, after all) but are we not seeing a bit of digital magic, as opposed to a raw video?

Hi Blue Riband. Please forgive ignorance, but I don't understand what you meant by "It was a bit pricier than what I normally would spend for something like this. But it would be perfect so it was saved for a series of arrival images like this." Would you please help me understand the process? Thanks, -S.

I would imagine that he means the cost to buy the music to accompany the video. There is a lot of "tinny" cheap music out there, which is copyright and royalties free for people to use for whatever the would like online, but from my limited knowledge of this sort of stuff, I would imagine the music that was set to accompany this video had to be paid for and was not the cheapest option available etc.