Future Cruise Credit Question!

DragonflyCruiser

I think I've seen something about this but can't find it here. Can we purchase future cruise credits and use them on a cruise we have already booked. I found the perfect cabin and booked the cruise last night but don't have the opportunity to purchase the FCC for 2 more weeks. Your wisdom is much appreciated....

I've seen various responses to this question but many people have said that they successfully did exactly what you are asking about. It certainly won't hurt to try and you should always have FCC on hand in any case. Be sure to purchase "extra" in case you are able to do as planned. You don't want to purchase only the amount needed for your currently booked cruise. :)

I've seen various responses to this question but many people have said that they successfully did exactly what you are asking about. It certainly won't hurt to try and you should always have FCC on hand in any case. Be sure to purchase "extra" in case you are able to do as planned. You don't want to purchase only the amount needed for your currently booked cruise. :)

Thanks! We are planning to buy more this time! How many can you actually use on one cruise?

Well, official policy is that they cannot be applied to an existing booking...

You can only use one per person per cruise. The reduced deposit is nice and OBC can be pretty nice as well. On our upcoming Mexico cruise the OBC from the FCC is $100 and for our 17 day Panama Canal cruise the OBC from the FCC will be $250.

My wife and I each still have one FCC "banked" and will purchase a couple more each in November on Star Princess.

You can only use one per person per cruise. The reduced deposit is nice and OBC can be pretty nice as well. On our upcoming Mexico cruise the OBC from the FCC is $100 and for our 17 day Panama Canal cruise the OBC from the FCC will be $250.

My wife and I each still have one FCC "banked" and will purchase a couple more each in November on Star Princess.

Thanks! I was thinking only 1 but thought I'd get that confirmed. Guess I should call Princess and get their opinion. I have booked it but not applied the deposit yet. I have till 10/01 to finalize it!

I just used the last of my FCCs for a cruise I booked over the weekend; just a quick jaunt down the coast. :) Of course I'll have to buy two more FCCs on my Alaska cruise next July.

Edited by Treven

We each bought two in May but quickly used them up to book our South American cruises next February and March, so we had to buy two more each on our little Coastal earlier this week.

I feel much more secure now knowing I can book more cruises if I find a smoking deal. :)

Thanks! We are planning to buy more this time! How many can you actually use on one cruise?
It's one per passenger per cruise. But if you have additional ones, you could always request them to be refunded and use that money to help pay for your cruise.

I booked a cruise yesterday and 'held' it. Called Princess a few minutes ago and they applied our FCD and OBC to this reservation. Easy peasy! Last month I called about applying FCC to a trip that had been booked a couple weeks prior. Again, they applied it. I still paid the full deposit, but the FCC reduced the balance owed by $100. (A girlfriend made all the reservations and wasn't aware of my FCC-she's a newbie with Princess) Still got the OBC!

I have been reading all about these FCC and you all have convinced me to buy some on our Nov Cruise. My question is where or who do I go to make the actual purchase? Thanks in advance for your responses.

There is a future cruise consultant onboard. They will have a small office that should be easy to find. You can always ask at the purser's desk and they will tell you where it is.

Edited by Thrak

It's one per passenger per cruise. But if you have additional ones, you could always request them to be refunded and use that money to help pay for your cruise.

I want to make sure I understand the rules. If my DH and I bought two on our next cruise we can apply the two (one for each of us) on our next cruise we book and we both will get OBC? Oh I'm interested!:)

I want to make sure I understand the rules. If my DH and I bought two on our next cruise we can apply the two (one for each of us) on our next cruise we book and we both will get OBC? Oh I'm interested!:)

Yes, if you use 1 cruise credit per person, each person will get a OBC in relation to type of stateroom & length of cruise:

17+ days $125 per person inside,$125 outside,$150 balcony &$150 suite

11-16 days $75 per person inside,$75 outside,$100 balcony & $100 suite

7-10 days $25 per person inside,$25 outside,$50 balcony & $50 suite

3-6 days $15 per person inside,$15 outside,$25 balcony & $25 suite

The above OBC amounts are per person depending on length of cruise & type of cabin. Hope this helps.