Sea Trek II - The Wrath of Alaska

Captain Carnival

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the compliment and I thought was you I waived back at in Seattle! :rolleyes:

Should you enjoy your trip to the Mediterranean, and I believe that you will, please don't hesitate to leave a comment there too (shameless plug wink-wink)! :eek::D

Captain, my Captain,

I just read through all 26 wonderful pages of the Mediterranean...It was full of Romance, pizza, cats and great pictures! Thanks for all your hard work there....

For the rest of you, do yourself a favor and run over the the Med review. If you've been to Europe, you'll love the memories....if you are planning on going to Europe, you'll love the hints and preview....if you've heard of Europe, you'll just love the whole review!

I did post a link to your review to some great RCCL Med reviews, just to share the wealth with our RCCL brethern!

Edited by denisey
spelling isn't my strong suit!

Wow - Great review. Thank you for taking us along for the ride. Makes me even more ready for my cruise in a couple of weeks, even if it is just a 3 nighter.

Hi Mindy - Thanks so much and rest assured that you will have an incredible time on your upcoming cruise no matter how many nights there are all will be great!

Captain, my Captain,

I just read through all 26 wonderful pages of the Mediterranean...It was full of Romance, pizza, cats and great pictures! Thanks for all your hard work there....

For the rest of you, do yourself a favor and run over the the Med review. If you've been to Europe, you'll love the memories....if you are planning on going to Europe, you'll love the hints and preview....if you've heard of Europe, you'll just love the whole review!

I did post a link to your review to some great RCCL Med reviews, just to share the wealth with our RCCL brethren!

Thanks again Denise I can only hope all will find their Mediterranean inspiration to book on the Carnival Vista when she sails in those incredible waters and ports in 2016!

I shall of course be continuing our Alaska Sea Trek soon and also hope that this review will give others the desire to cruise Alaska too!

Farewell Miracle - Hello Vancouver & Seattle

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv989%3C%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E28745455%3A3257ot1lsi

Our Final Night Balcony Shot

After our last night on the ship morning arrived early and we got ourselves up and together for the next leg of our journey. Of course no one ever debarks from the ship until one last meal so after getting our luggage buttoned up we headed off to the MDR for our final breakfast.

We always do self-assist and so after breakfast we made our way back to our stateroom, collected our belongings and headed out to the gangway and the Port of Vancouver.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv862%3B%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E28745455%3A7257ot1lsi

The Port Of Vancouver

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9988%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E28745455%3A8257ot1lsi

The Gangway Home

Due to some time constraints at home we opted not to stay overnight in Vancouver and so after debarking we found our way through the port terminal and to our next leg in our journey and back to Seattle. We had initially wanted to perhaps stay in Vancouver for a few hours and take the train back to Seattle however there was only two trains that departed at 5:30 AM (way too early) and one around 12 hours later (a bit too late) so we made a reservation to take the "Quick Shuttle" motor coach bus back.

9531845427_9a9b2db8de_z.jpg

A Quick Shuttle Bus

Although this was a 5 hour trip with just 2 stops in between (one being at US Customs) the trip actually went rather quickly departing at 10:45 and arriving in Seattle around 3:00 PM. We, along with our Friends and Tablemates Angie and Greg, were dropped of a few blocks from the Holiday Inn Express once again for our overnight stay before heading off for the airport in the morning and back to Tampa Bay.

WELCM_EXTR_2_E.jpg

The HIE Seattle

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A%3A59%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E28795%3C366%3C257ot1lsi

Goodnight Seattle!

… I can only hope all will find their Mediterranean inspiration to book on the Carnival Vista when she sails in those incredible waters and ports in 2016! …

Great review Captain Carnival, or should I say "ShotoJuku". We're headed up to Alaska next spring. Looking forward to it.

We did the "Legend" cruise with you in 2013. What great memories! Keep us posted on the Vista status. If she's sailing the Mediterranean, we'll be booking.

Great review Captain Carnival, or should I say "ShotoJuku". We're headed up to Alaska next spring. Looking forward to it.

We did the "Legend" cruise with you in 2013. What great memories! Keep us posted on the Vista status. If she's sailing the Mediterranean, we'll be booking.

Thanks so much and we can of course build new memories together aboard our Carnival Vista when setting sail on Saturday, April 30th 2016!!

Farewell Seattle!

After a restful nights sleep at the HIE it became painfully clear that our Sea Trek to Alaska had come to an end and before we knew it we were shuttled off to SeaTac and our flight home. Of course we were looking forward to seeing our own 3 kids (all married homeowners) and our 3 Grandchildren too!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv544%3B%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E28745455%3A%3A257ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9%3B57%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E287454%3B%3B%3B8257ot1lsi

Goodbye Seattle and HIE!!!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv997%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3783645684348nu0mrj

The Circle Is Complete!

So that's our storied Sea Trek to Alaska...for now...and of course there will be other cruise adventures and destinations to explore including our next cruise aboard the Carnival Pride 2.0 in January. I do foresee yet another cruise review coming in the not-too-distant future coming as well - how about Sea Trek III - The Search For Pasta!

Until then keep on cruising everyone and if you see my Captain Carnival hat on one of your own upcoming cruises make sure you say hello!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3A8%3C%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E28744%3C4855257ot1lsi

Live Long And Prosper Carnival Cruisers And You Too Carnival Grumpy Cat Face Girl!

Oh one last thing....as you all know this cruise was meant to commemorate and celebrate my retirement after spending 33 years as a policeman however I am of course only semi-retired. I teach a number of courses including criminology, psychology, sociology, and communication related courses at a local college as well as another job I was drawn to as well....can anyone guess where and why?

1920080_1485259518410688_6920977904029027702_n.jpg?oh=3c709a57f38deee681e264c5383119df&oe=54AC762F

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

Edited by Captain Carnival

FABULOUS REVIEW!!!! You brought me back to all of our "Alaska Memories" from 2006......great trip, outstanding review!!! BTW, where did you get the CCL Platinum pin on your hat??? My hubbie would love one as he has a CCL hat like yours.....LOL!! Thanks for sharing!!

Edited by buddylover

FABULOUS REVIEW!!!! You brought me back to all of our "Alaska Memories" from 2006......great trip, outstanding review!!! BTW, where did you get the CCL Platinum pin on your hat??? My hubbie would love one as he has a CCL hat like yours.....LOL!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks ever so much! As for the pin, I received it several cruises ago while on board, I think it was a pin issued after they retired the original whale tail pins and what they issue now.

Quick question- the ships in the Caribbean are always cold. How was the ship temperature when you went? Is the ship warmer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Michelle,

First I'd like to say that (thus far) I have never experienced a "cold" ship in the Caribbean and secondly the shipboard temperatures in Alaska were very comfortable being neither hot or cold.

Brian,

Thank you for your review it was excellant. It can not compare to your Mediterranean review but great none the less. :rolleyes:

Thanks Greg - it only turned out well because both you and Angie were there with us too!

Perhaps you will have another starring role on the Carnival Vista and Sea Trek III - The Search For Pasta in April 2016? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. Got to relive our honeymoon cruise a little :D . Amazing how different it is being the 1st cruise and you guys the last of the season. Was a winter wonderland for us in Juneau (the hike to nugget falls was in pretty thick snow) and in Skagaway (white on white on white). Looking forward to future reviews :)

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. Got to relive our honeymoon cruise a little :D . Amazing how different it is being the 1st cruise and you guys the last of the season. Was a winter wonderland for us in Juneau (the hike to nugget falls was in pretty thick snow) and in Skagaway (white on white on white). Looking forward to future reviews :)

Damn!! We should have taken the first sailing for snow and stay tuned for "SEA TREK III: The Search For Pasta" coming in the Spring of 2016 from your Carnival Vista! :)

• 9 months later...