La Reserve FYI

Jancruz

Our next 2 cruises are both on Regatta. Have no regrets about missing the opportunity.

We have tried La Reserve twice. The first time it was outstanding. Second time quite mediocre.

At $400, that's more than I am willing to pay for mediocrity.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our next 2 cruises are both on Regatta. Have no regrets about missing the opportunity.

We have tried La Reserve twice. The first time it was outstanding. Second time quite mediocre.

At $400, that's more than I am willing to pay for mediocrity.

Mo

To spin the other side my next three cruises are on the small ships and I am bummed I can not try the new La Reserve menu as I have tried and loved all of the others..only one menu is $400..

Jancruz1

I'm wondering if attendance didn't drop off because people weren't invited. We would have participated, and we're usually in a PH, BUT I don't remember ever receiving an invitation or even a notice about these evenings ...

Maybe we just missed it. Or maybe when you say "big suites" you mean VS and OS (the "big suites"), which would explain why we never saw notice.

But if they were restricted to the OS and VS on the "R" ships, that isn't many people.

Mura

They were only for the OS and VS and I must say we only went once and our neighbors said they never attended and were always in an OS as were we. The time we were there I believe there were only 10 of us out of a possible 20.

I would like to pay the full price and have SEVEN îles flottantes please!! My all time favourite dessert.:)

One of mine too. And VERY easy to make. I do it all the time. ;-)

Mo

Just tried to book this menu on one of our upcoming trips - and it is not listed on any of them. Only the Discovery and Connoisseur menus are listed as options. Perhaps Oceania have not got around to updating their website yet - admittedly I'm thinking way ahead.

Just tried to book this menu on one of our upcoming trips - and it is not listed on any of them. Only the Discovery and Connoisseur menus are listed as options. Perhaps Oceania have not got around to updating their website yet - admittedly I'm thinking way ahead.

That's as may be, but each of the La Reserve menu's will not necessarily be served during the course of each and every cruise.

La Reserve is not a feature of the cruise in the same way that say the Terrace Restaurant Grill is......it's an "extra" which may or may not be offered for an additional fee.

There are nights when La Reserve is dark.

Edited by StanandJim

I have had confirmation from Oceania that the Odyssey menu will be available on all Riviera and Marina sailings, but they have not yet updated their website to reflect this. I just called and they were able to confirm which date it will be served on each of our upcoming cruises and take a telephone reservation.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto here, but as mentioned in an earlier post, Oceania confirmed that the Odyssey menu would be featured on all Riviera and Marina cruises. On our last (and first Oceania) cruise, there were only 3 days when La Reserve was open for reservations prior to sailing. These dates were consecutive. We booked 2 of them, but wished we had left it until actually on the cruise because although it is a fabulous evening, two evenings so close together were a bit much and more dates were announced once we were onboard.

On our three Marina cruises La Reserve was only open 2-3 nights, and the second and third cruises were closer to 20 days than 10. But it has been said (I don't know how accurately) that if you can gather a group together (not necessarily 24 people) that they will schedule it. Our last La Reserve dinner was for a total of 16 people, and as AllPointsSouth said their group was only 12. So you don't have to fill every seat.

But if your cruise isn't until next summer I would relax for a bit.

Mura

What's the pricing of the Odyssey menu? And yes, I know we'll have to wait until 2016 to experience it based on our current bookings.

Same as the Discovery Menu - $112 per person after tax. You can book it on any upcoming cruise by calling or emailing customer service at Oceania.