Is formal night info in the Express Docs?

mobilemac

I've completed online check for our upcoming Nieuw Amsterdam trip and am ready to print the Express Docs. Since we're awaiting our guarantee stateroom assignment, I plan to wait to print the Express Docs closer to departure.

My wife asked me about the number of formal nights and when they occur. I think I've looked everywhere I can under the "my reservations" tab but can't seem to find the formal night info for our voyage. Is it outlined in the Express Docs? or is somewhere under the "my reservations" tab? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

I've completed online check for our upcoming Nieuw Amsterdam trip and am ready to print the Express Docs. Since we're awaiting our guarantee stateroom assignment, I plan to wait to print the Express Docs closer to departure.

My wife asked me about the number of formal nights and when they occur. I think I've looked everywhere I can under the "my reservations" tab but can't seem to find the formal night info for our voyage. Is it outlined in the Express Docs? or is somewhere under the "my reservations" tab? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Look on the first page (near the bottom left) of the Express Docs. Should be there.

DaveOKC

It tells you how many there will be. But not when they will be. Just printed our express docs for November. It clearly stated how many formal nights there will be.

Occasionally this number will change when you arrive on board. On our last cruise it actually went from the 5 listed on the Express docs, to 6 on board. this was for a 22 day cruise.

The express docs list only the number of formal nights -- never the dates.

What ship and when are you sailing? Maybe we can help you.

Also recently HAL has started to cut back on the formal nights. On our upcoming 21 day cruise we will have only 4 formal nights. We have done this cruise before and had 6 formal nights.

Of course anything can change once on the ship.

If you are on the Nieuw Amsterdam when it starts the alternating East / West Caribbean cruises in the fall, it will be on the two sea days each week.

The express docs list only the number of formal nights -- never the dates.

What ship and when are you sailing? Maybe we can help you.

Also recently HAL has started to cut back on the formal nights. On our upcoming 21 day cruise we will have only 4 formal nights. We have done this cruise before and had 6 formal nights.

Of course anything can change once on the ship.

I've still got 4 on my B2B (14 day) so it depends. Not much they can do with that. On my 14 day Panama in April I had 3.

The 14 day back to backs are an exception to the new formal nights policy. The new policy would have had them at 3 days, but since the B2Bs are really two seven day voyages - and there are 2 formal nights on a 7 day trip - the B2Bs get 4 formal nights.

Right -- on HAL's site those 14 day Collector Cruises will have 2 formal nights each week.

I might be looking at the wrong place on HAL's site, but the only place I see the Collector's Cruise designation is when I look at the online Cruise Atlas. I *thought* that our upcoming B2B was a Collector's sailing, but until I looked at the online brochure, I didn’t know for sure. (It is.)

The 14 day back to backs are an exception to the new formal nights policy. The new policy would have had them at 3 days, but since the B2Bs are really two seven day voyages - and there are 2 formal nights on a 7 day trip - the B2Bs get 4 formal nights.

Yeah, that what I meant with the not much they can do with that. That said, they could change it to one per week:D. It wouldn't break my heart.

Edited by cruz chic

Hopefully the formals will keep on getting reduced to 0 before long. Only 4 for a 22 night departing tomorrow (Sunday) which is the same amount as a 15 nighter/9 sea day cruise 2 years ago.

22 nt cruise is divided into a 4 night segment with 2 sea days and 18 night segment with 8 sea days.

Edited by cruising cockroach

Hopefully the formals will keep on getting reduced to 0 before long.

I sure hope not. I like formal nights. Its one of the few chances the Wife and I have to get really dressed up and get some pictures taken. I look pretty good in a Tux, if I say so myself.