Short (4-5 day) cruise from Miami, Which ship?

Newbie41

Hi,

DH and I have only cruised on Carnival before. We will be in Miami in January and are considering taking a short (4-5 day) cruise. The only Carnival ship that fits our schedule is the Victory, and we have already cruised on that ship. We would like to try something new. We are considering RCI or NCL. Any thoughts on either of those lines compared to Carnival would be appreciated.

I have done numerous 4-5 day cruises out of MIA/FLL on several cruise lines in the past couple years. This includes RCI, Princess, NCL and Celebrity. By far, my favorite was on RCI Liberty of the Seas out of FLL. It's a RCI Freedom Class ship, which offers a lot more than the other ships doing short cruises. You'll probably pay a little more for LOS, but it's worth it. :)

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other

The short cruises are more similar than different. Majesty of the Seas was my 1st cruise so she will always hold a special place in my heart but we're loyal NCL fans because we like Frestyle. Since everybody now has a version of any time dining, that is not such a huge issue any more.

I'd pick the cheapest. Otherwise throw the ship names in a hat & pick one. Look at the photos on line to see which is prettier to you.

At the market entry level, it doesn't matter that much.

^ Agree with Trish, it really doesn't matter. Ask a hundred people and you are likely to get a hundred answers, many of them differing. It's unique to each person. Do some research for yourself; look at the itineraries and see where you want to go. Do you want an inside cabin or maybe splurge on a balcony this time? I mean, this is such a personal decision.

Look at the websites for the lines recommended here, plug in your dates and departure port, and see what comes up. You'll have choices soon enough. :)

Enjoy.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

• 2 weeks later...