Millennium Live October 2014

C 2 C

It's a dreary, drizzly day in Kobe today. We arrived at noon and an immigration process similar to the US is required. Everyone had to have a face to face meeting with immigration officials, passport copy in hand, finger printed, and photo taken. We had to wait an hour as the last stranglers were rooted out and presented to the Japanese inspection before passengers were allowed back on the ship.

This is an overnight stop with many tours visiting the same sites as our last visit two weeks ago. Tomorrow the weather should be better for photo opportunities.

Cast members and orchestra musicians have also been assigned cleansing duties as the ship battles both a cold epidemic and NLV patients. Our next sailing will have a deep cleansing protocol in place before passengers are allowed to board.

I was at the guest relations counter when one of the entertainers, a Russian aerialist was wearing a "I trust Putin" T-shirt. I told him that a ship was no place for political displays of any kind. I was born only ten miles from the city in the Netherlands where so many lost their lives over the Ukraine. Colour me purple right now.:(

Hi

We are cruising with Millenium departuring 26 Oct.

Have just recieved a mail from Celebrity with this informatin: "...During the ship's last sailing, a number of guests experienced a gastrointestinal illness...."

Has this effected you in any way?

Arno -- hope that the weather improves for the continuation of your cruise.

Funny that you would bring up the inappropriately dressed entertainer.They must not get the same intense training as the other staff members. I remember seeing something interesting on a "backstage" theater tour -- might have even been on Millie. It was a BIG poster, showing specific examples of what dress was appropriate/inappropriate for the "public" areas of the ship. The Russian gentleman must not have seen it! ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

Arno -- hope that the weather improves for the continuation of your cruise.

Funny that you would bring up the inappropriately dressed entertainer.They must not get the same intense training as the other staff members. I remember seeing something interesting on a "backstage" theater tour -- might have even been on Millie. It was a BIG poster, showing specific examples of what dress was appropriate/inappropriate for the "public" areas of the ship. The Russian gentleman must not have seen it! ;)

If he was a guest entertainer those dress rules probably don't apply. Guest entertainers are essentially treated like passengers. They have their own cabin and do not have the same responsibilities as other crew members.

It's a beautiful day in Kobe today, mostly sunny, great for strolling through Chinatown. Passengers have to be on board for a 5 pm sail away followed by our last formal night.

I love reading your live blog. We are doing the same trip in the reverse Spring 2015. It will be a holiday the day we are in Kobe, Golden Week.

Thanks,

Internet connections in Japan are very slow onboard. I will post a few more pictures when we get back in two weeks.

Our Japanese cruise experience has been stunning. The Japanese people are very friendly, the country clean and streets are safe.

We have loved each of our Japanese ports.

Cruise Critic meeting is about to start.. at 3:15 pm in Qsine at sail away..

Bye for now as the captain just announced.

We arrived in Kobe at 11 am this morning on a very crisp but sunny day. After the initial mad rush was over we went ashore and took the monorail right in the port to a nearby train station (cost $2.00 each) then transferred to a Japan Rail express train to Himeji, a city 40 minutes away (cost of $10 each) for a spectacular view of Himeji Castle. The castle is under maintenance but the gardens and grounds were spectacular. The castle is about a 15 minute walk from the train station, visible all the way.

HimejiCastlenearKobe.jpg