Specialty Restaurants

Oville

Just from the time I posted here a while ago and having dinner.

The Pinnacle and Tamarind have opened up for our 3 of our cruises.

I am now a happy camper. :D

Happy to hear you have had success booking specialty restaurants for 3 of your upcoming cruises. My kids tease me for saying it but, One less thing to worry about.:)

To make matters worse HAL and the owners of Le Cirque can't seem to either sign a contract or not.
I seem to recall that it was exactly like this the last time the contract was up for renewal. Was that two years ago? Nobody knew for months whether Le Cirque would be on their cruise or not.

Sorry, this is a bit of a thread hijack but since the posters here frequent the HAL speciality restaurants, I thought I might find answers! I'm cruising on the Westerdam in January and would like to do Le Cirque but don't want to book it on a formal night, as I prefer to be in the MDR that night. How would I determine if that's the night? Secondly, does anyone have an experience with dining on Le Cirque night solo and the ability to request seating with other solo diners? Happy to eat on my own but this might be a nice experience to share. Thank you!

Edited by MarElz

Le Cirque will not be held during a formal night. When you enter your on-line reservation your only choice istime to dine (unless cruise is over 17 days and then the ship "may" offer Le Cirque more than once. In regards to joining anopther solo diner..you might ask when you are on board.

Sorry, this is a bit of a thread hijack but since the posters here frequent the HAL speciality restaurants, I thought I might find answers! I'm cruising on the Westerdam in January and would like to do Le Cirque but don't want to book it on a formal night, as I prefer to be in the MDR that night. How would I determine if that's the night? Secondly, does anyone have an experience with dining on Le Cirque night solo and the ability to request seating with other solo diners? Happy to eat on my own but this might be a nice experience to share. Thank you!

Do you think it might be an idea to see if perhaps other singles on your roll call are interested in doing Le Cirque as a group?

We are on the Zuirderdam in August 2015 on a 22 day Collectors Voyage . It is also part of a 33 day Collectors Voyage and is also broken up into shorter cruises. I have just booked a Le Cirque dinner for the first half of our cruise. They had two different dates to choose from, one for each half of the cruise. You could also book at the Pinnacle Grill or Canaletto.

Edited by freanesi

Do you think it might be an idea to see if perhaps other singles on your roll call are interested in doing Le Cirque as a group?

That's a good idea and certainly worth asking on the Roll Call. If there is another single who is interested, they would have a chance to chat a little in advance and get to know a little about each other. :)

But certainly no harm in asking the Pinnacle Manager after boarding. Nothing to lose by asking.