Sail Away party?

MaiTaiMary

Many cruisers would like to dump the dj and bring back the Carib .bands on the Carib. Cruises.

Very true, I miss the steel drum bands during my May cruise on the Paradise. However, my 2 cruises on Princess this year had a steel drummer live on the Lido deck plus another live band playing there at various times during those cruises. The live bands does add to the party atmosphere!

Carnival use to have great sail away parties. Our last several cruises there were so called sail away parties but in reality it was only a dj playing on the lido deck with a couple of the entertainment staff doing line dancing. There use to be giveaways, drawing for prizes, Caribbean band. I agree with Golfadj, they are definitely lame anymore.

So this is out on the deck by the pool when the ship pulls away from port? Just not sure how I could've missed this in the past. :confused:

You probably didn't miss it, but just didn't connect the dots that it was considered a party and not just music playing by the pool.

How so, do you usually participate in the sail away dancing on each cruise you take? If you dance, would you like different music to dance to?

I would like live music and for them to make this fun again.

These days usually at roll call meet and greet and than back to our cabin to get ready for dinner. Before would go over to sailaway party after roll call.

• 3 weeks later...