Venice Hotel

seamwoman

There are several. Ca Doge is very easy.
[URL]http://www.cadoge.it/?lingua=5[/URL]

This site too will give you a nice map with hotels in the Paiazzale Roma Square area labeled. And directions.

You can get lots more info re hotels on the Italy ports of call board. Edited by eandj

We stayed at the Arlecchino Hotel in Venice. It was perfect with a nice breakfast, views of the canal and very close to the people mover. Plus it is a short walk from where the bus stops(Piazza Roma) and you only have to walk across ONE bridge which is a very big deal when you have luggage. We walked right from this hotel to the people mover and then onto the ship. Very easy to do. We took a bus from the airport to Piazza Roma which was also easy to do.

We loved the Hotel Olimpia. So easy to get to. Had a wonderful breakfast in the most beautiful little courtyard in the back. BTW...breakfast was included :) Room was spacious with an updated bathroom. Would definitely stay there again.

Another vote for the Best Western Olympia. It is very very convenient.

Information about the hotel:

The hotel is walkable to the ship via the people mover. But it is sort of a long walk after you exit the people mover depending where the ship is docked and the heat We walked it without any problems but I was certainly glad to dump off the luggage.

You have to walk across the Plaza Roma. In order to get to the plaza from the hotel you have to go over a small bridge... maybe 6 or 7 steps up and the same down.

So to get to the ship you leave the Olympia hotel, cross the bridge, walk across the Piazza Roma, take the people mover, then walk across the parking lot to the ship. Maybe 30 to 45 minutes depending on the wait for the people mover.

We paid a lot of money for the "cheap room." It was ok but we stayed only one night. Next time I might splurge and get a better room.

The breakfast look good but we did not eat there.

There is a nice restaurant next door with outdoor seating next to a small canal

If you want a gondola ride there is a place nearby to rent them. I think it is a bit cheaper than San Marco although we paid the standard rate. We had a 2 night stay in Venice on the ship. So the second morning we took the gondola ride. I fought I would hate it being too touristy for my blood. But I really had a good time. Edited by dfields1814

We stayed at Ca' Doge--right on the edge of Piazalle Roma. We stayed there on a driving through Italy vacation and having a parking structure right next door was a plus for us.

Easy access to/from the airport bus and across the new bridge or two old bridges to the train station.

I believe there is also fairly easy access to the port too.

I enjoyed my precruise stay at the Hotel Olimpia, which is a Best Western property. The decor is charming and the breakfast buffet was very good. All the staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful.

[quote name='3888T6813']Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Saturnia?[/QUOTE]

I stayed there and I loved it! The location, the room size, the modern bathroom, and the concierge at the front desk-I wandered Venice for two perfect days.

[quote name='GinnyF']I stayed there and I loved it! The location, the room size, the modern bathroom, and the concierge at the front desk-I wandered Venice for two perfect days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! Can you recommend places to eat? Nothing fancy. Any other suggestions? We are only going to be there one day & night before the cruise.

Thank you for your replies. We have been to Venice and stayed for two days. This time I want easy in and out! I think it was tha Santa Clara I was thinking of but after reading reading reviews I 'm not impressed. Karen