Introducing Princess Cruises® 2 World Cruises in 2016

I think I could probably wing the time off work. Its the price of the cruise as a solo even in the cheapest cabin that might be too much for me. Probably be like what 20k?

doubt you'd get any change from $20, which I do find offensive at one point this year I could get a world cruise US to US for $22 each balcony.

doubt you'd get any change from $20, which I do find offensive at one point this year I could get a world cruise US to US for $22 each balcony.

on the US site they are 30k plus and then you need a return flight

on the US site they are 30k plus and then you need a return flight

As I sad the $22 was early this year, offered by a TA in USA, I know that it is now $30 on Princess site and obviously it would incur return flights and as we currently can't fly it is out of the question for us I just wish that prices were the same where ever you are from.

re the WC--

what does this mean??

Round trip from Sydney, Auckland and Fremantle,

and embarkation/disembarkation from Brisbane, Melbourne

and Adelaide also available.

Barry

I'll take a guess I read it as you can get on at Sydney, Auckland or Fremantle and also disembark at these ports at the end of your WC. However with Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide the ship will only be calling in there once on the WC and you will not be able to embark and disembark it will have to be one or the other depending on the route the ship takes.

Interesting that Fremantle is included for both embarkation and disembarkation but not Melbourne. Must look at the WC map when it becomes available.

Karryl

I'll take a guess I read it as you can get on at Sydney, Auckland or Fremantle and also disembark at these ports at the end of your WC. However with Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide the ship will only be calling in there once on the WC and you will not be able to embark and disembark it will have to be one or the other depending on the route the ship takes.

Interesting that Fremantle is included for both embarkation and disembarkation but not Melbourne. Must look at the WC map when it becomes available.

Karryl

Are you sure that it only calls in those ports once, I know that one world cruise [not sure of the line at the moment] you could do those ie Perth to Perth or Brisbane to Brisbane, because the cruise before the World Cruise [officially Syd - Syd] was Perth to Syd so you could board in Perth do the Perth to Sydney, then to WC to Perth, or you could board in Bris on the WC and then the next cruise was something like a Qld coastal, so you went World Cruise Bris - Syd and the Syd -Bris of next cruise.

I may have the details slightly mixed up but that was the gist of the procedure. And they only charged the WC charge even though officially it was two cruises or more accurately a cruise and part of a cruise or part of two cruises, but in each case about 105 nights, my wife's friend did the Bris - Bris version and she said that others had done Perth - Perth and I think Adelaide -Adelaide, you could also arrange other combinations like Perth to Bris about 120 days.

Edited by GUT2407

Still waiting on what your thoughts of your river cruise but very understandable that you are busy.

Rosie

Sorry Rosie it will come.... We are in Bali at the moment where I thought I could catch up.... I am up to paris

Sorry for any Grammar or spelling error this is Sent from my iPad

Now Di..... Never say never as there maybe some cruising buddies that will be on there...... Just waiting and seeing how things go.....

We have been on the dawn for 104 days .... Then another 90 days..... 75 days wouldn't think twice about it if the itinerary is what we wanted ..... And yep this one is looking pretty good !!!

Hi Jo - We are definitely not saying 'never'. We contacted our TA yesterday but our arms could be twisted if we had some lovely cruising buddies. :)

Funny what different people like or don't like in ships. We are about to go on Sea Princess for two weeks - so looking forward to seeing if she would be suitable (to us) for a WC. We have done a half on Oriana ( which we liked) and a half on Arcadia (which we did not like)

Things we didn't like about Arcadia were that it is a Vista Class , my most vivid memory of 42 days on her was always waiting for lifts!! to go anywhere:) - and DIDN'T like her covered pool area -- hot, steamy like a sauna and smelt of pool chemicals ( or something:) )

Barry

I know this is a bit off-topic but when we were on Arcadia in 2013 and didn't notice any smell of pool chemicals but having said that, the roof was open most of the time from Teneriffe until we got down towards The Falklands.

When we used the lifts we mainly used the central glass ones and there was rarely a wait there but I don't remember any on-going problems with the others either. I guess every cruise is different though.

It's interesting how different people like different things or notice different things. We met people on board who are now our good friends but they would never go on Arcadia again. They liked the ship, loved the cruise but didn't like the staff. We thought the staff were fine.

While not our favourite ship, we wouldn't hesitate to go on Arcadia again. Then again, we haven't been on any ship yet that we wouldn't go on again thankfully.:D

I know this is a bit off-topic but when we were on Arcadia in 2013 and didn't notice any smell of pool chemicals but having said that, the roof was open most of the time from Teneriffe until we got down towards The Falklands.

When we used the lifts we mainly used the central glass ones and there was rarely a wait there but I don't remember any on-going problems with the others either. I guess every cruise is different though.

It's interesting how different people like different things or notice different things. We met people on board who are now our good friends but they would never go on Arcadia again. They liked the ship, loved the cruise but didn't like the staff. We thought the staff were fine.

While not our favourite ship, we wouldn't hesitate to go on Arcadia again. Then again, we haven't been on any ship yet that we wouldn't go on again thankfully.:D

So true, everyone has differing perceptions even when they have experienced the same event/occurrence. I also say 'never say never', but there are certainly some itineraries or ships I would rather not do again as there are just too many other ships and itineraries I want to do.:D

The itineraries are always good but I would never ever book a world cruise on a ship like the Sea Princess, Sun Princess or even Dawn Princess for that matter. I have been on the ships and enjoy them for short cruises but in my opinion they are totally unsuitable for long voyages.

I don't know when Princess will get the message and start sending their better ships on World Cruises. How about something like the Coral Princess or Island Princess.

I have done plenty of World Cruise either sectors and two compete half world cruises. I know what a good cruise is like. Unfortunately I see a lot of great itineraries coming from Princess but its always the same old ships that I would never do a world cruise on.

I've sailed the Dawn twice and she has a certain charm but for me it's the size of the cabins that would stop me from taking an extended voyage on her. Well that and the lack of funds and time off work!

We had a mini-suite on the Dawn for our three-nighter earlier this month and it was very nice but for me it didn't feel as spacious as the mini-suites on the Grand class vessels. The pokey balconies don't help either.

But having said that, I'm not sure I could spend 104 nights on any ship.

cheers

Stu

Hi Jo - We are definitely not saying 'never'. We contacted our TA yesterday but our arms could be twisted if we had some lovely cruising buddies. :)

😀😀😀

Sorry Rosie it will come.... We are in Bali at the moment where I thought I could catch up.... I am up to paris

Delighted to see that you are still in the land of the living. I was about to do a search. :) Enjoy Bali.

Are you sure that it only calls in those ports once, I know that one world cruise [not sure of the line at the moment] you could do those ie Perth to Perth or Brisbane to Brisbane, because the cruise before the World Cruise [officially Syd - Syd] was Perth to Syd so you could board in Perth do the Perth to Sydney, then to WC to Perth, or you could board in Bris on the WC and then the next cruise was something like a Qld coastal, so you went World Cruise Bris - Syd and the Syd -Bris of next cruise.

I may have the details slightly mixed up but that was the gist of the procedure. And they only charged the WC charge even though officially it was two cruises or more accurately a cruise and part of a cruise or part of two cruises, but in each case about 105 nights, my wife's friend did the Bris - Bris version and she said that others had done Perth - Perth and I think Adelaide -Adelaide, you could also arrange other combinations like Perth to Bris about 120 days.

No I'm definately not sure I was only taking a guess. It's just my thoughts after reading the information I am in no way saying this is what is going to happen :eek:.

Karryl

There are a few embarkation/disembarkation options with the Sea Princess World Cruise opening up tomorrow for sale.

11 May 16 - Auckland to Auckland - 101 Days

15 May 16 - Sydney to Sydney - 104 Days

15 May 16 - Sydney to Brisbane - 106 Days

23 May 16 - Fremantle to Fremantle - 113 Days

Hope this helps...

Welcome to Cruise Critic, a good informative first post. well done.:D

There are a few embarkation/disembarkation options with the Sea Princess World Cruise opening up tomorrow for sale.

Hope this helps...

Captain Nige thanks for clearing that up and welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

Karryl

Hope this helps...

Thanks. I checked Princess' site for these. Prices seem a bit steep...eg. $200 pd...

If you search the ship and then select cruises over "16 or more" days you should see them...

Search the ship "Sun Princess" (for example) and then select cruises over "16 or more" days

Then just then page down and the world cruises will come up...

Edited by Hazydavo

Just got this from an online TA...

"Princess Cruises' today have released their Round World Cruises for 2016. Choose from these amazing itineraries to receive up to a massive $6325* onboard credit on select sailings˜"

˜Princess Onboard Credit: onboard credit is all inclusive of cruise line offers & Online TA offer, it is per cabin & for new bookings only. The $6345 onboard credit is valid on C611A (104 night World cruise departing from Sydney on 15 May 2016 onboard Sea Princess) in a Suite. Onboard credit amounts are dependant on cruise duration & cabin type. Only available on select cruises from 17 to 31 October 2014. For full terms and conditions visit Online TA site.

Just got this from an online TA...

"Princess Cruises' today have released their Round World Cruises for 2016. Choose from these amazing itineraries to receive up to a massive $6325* onboard credit on select sailings˜"

˜Princess Onboard Credit: onboard credit is all inclusive of cruise line offers & Online TA offer, it is per cabin & for new bookings only. The $6345 onboard credit is valid on C611A (104 night World cruise departing from Sydney on 15 May 2016 onboard Sea Princess) in a Suite. Onboard credit amounts are dependant on cruise duration & cabin type. Only available on select cruises from 17 to 31 October 2014. For full terms and conditions visit Online TA site.

WOW that is a fair bit of OBC, but then you have to spend a lot to get it.

Search the ship "Sun Princess" (for example) and then select cruises over "16 or more" days

Then just then page down and the world cruises will come up...

Oops, just tried it again today and they are no longer listed...hmmm

If you select World Cruises under destination and search, the 104 Syd to Syd for example is on page 2...with pricing, from $20,999 for inside. Oceanview $25,339. Balcony $33,999. Mini-suite $53,999. Suite $69,999 :eek:

Edited by Hazydavo