Elite status for others in stateroom

lotsyb

We're travelling as a group of 5 people in two rooms. Two are elite and the other three are not.

If we have one elite in each cabin will the benefits of elite, particularly the evening cocktail party be extended to everyone in the stateroom? If drink vouchers are used will they be extended to everyone in the stateroom?

Thanks.

I don't believe the drink vouchers are given to anyone but the elite guests.

That's correct....drink vouchers just as the onboard coupons are per elite members only. If the additional passengers are family, it is probably ok to take them to the elite events but when people change their reservation around just to sneak others into the elite event (not that I am insinuating that is what you are doing), it really isn't fair to other elite members. Oftentimes it is hard to get a place to sit in some of the events and it intensifies when others bring in as many non-elite passengers as they can get away with.

I believe this is not the intention of the generous policy of allowing a non Elite who is actually traveling in the same cabin with an Elite cruiser to join her/him for some of the Elite events.

Edited by cynbar

I don't believe the drink vouchers are given to anyone but the elite guests.

That's correct....drink vouchers just as the onboard coupons are per elite members only.

In the last few months, I have been on two different Celebrity ships/cruises as an elite member. Both times my non elite cabin mate DID get the three free drink coupons in one case, or access to the elite lounge in the other.

Regardless of the intentions of either Celebrity or paying guests, this is the policy.

Edited by teecee60

In the last few months, I have been on two different Celebrity ships/cruises as an elite member. Both times my non elite cabin mate DID get the three free drink coupons in one case, or access to the elite lounge in the other.

Love it. With your Celebrity profile guests who travel with you get almost anything. roundel_zps0a0c937a.gif

Edited by Shake

That's correct....drink vouchers just as the onboard coupons are per elite members only. If the additional passengers are family, it is probably ok to take them to the elite events but when people change their reservation around just to sneak others into the elite event (not that I am insinuating that is what you are doing), it really isn't fair to other elite members. Oftentimes it is hard to get a place to sit in some of the events and it intensifies when others bring in as many non-elite passengers as they can get away with.

In my experience you are correct about the other coupons. Are you saying that you were Elite sailing with a non elite and you received the vouchers and your cabin mate did not? does not make a lot of sense to me since they would be able to enjoy the cocktail party if they were not using vouchers. What ship?

Have all Celebrity ships switched to the Elite drink vouchers?

I will be traveling in a stateroom with my daughters. I am Elite, but they are not. Whether they get the perks or not, doesn't really matter to us, but if there are no vouchers, and only the Elite event, I would like for them to be able to attend the event with me. The drink vouchers or drinks in the Elite event will not matter to them because they both have the Beverage package. ;)

Regardless of the intentions of either Celebrity or paying guests, this is the policy.

I am traveling on the Reflection November 1st as an Elite. My roommate is not elite, as we are attending a Women's Health conference on the ship. Do we contact guest services to change her card upon arrival to enable her to attend the social hour?

I am traveling on the Reflection November 1st as an Elite. My roommate is not elite, as we are attending a Women's Health conference on the ship. Do we contact guest services to change her card upon arrival to enable her to attend the social hour?

They will only put 'elite' on a members card who has earned the status themselves. If they are in the same cabin take them along or check with the club hostess who has a desk near guest relations