Lanyard For SeaPass Card?

Is this considered a lanyard? I use those stretchy things that people put keys on. You know the thing with a ton of loops and a key ring and a clip and it can stretch really far. I clip one end to the key ring part and I have guest services punch a hole in my card and then loop the card onto the key ring part. I bought a clear one at Wal-Mart years ago. Then I clip it together and loop it around my wrist or clip it to my bag if needed. If I'm not carrying anything and just swimming in the pool or running somewhere really quick it's easy to just loop it around my wrist.

Not as big or noticable as something around my neck and since it is clear not as colorful.

So does that make me a dork? Is it a lanyard? If so then buh buy clippy thing. :eek:

Landyards or clippy things don't make anyone a dork. Just personal preference if you choose to use one or not. To each their own, for whatever reason.

I use a lanyard to stop my phone from deactivating my sea pass card and my kids go on lanyards as they loose theirs otherwise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You attach a lanyard to your kids? What a clever idea to keep track of the kids.

New to this site; how do I post an announcement??

Welcome to Cruise Critic. If you want to start a thread on the Royal Caribbean threads, go to the RCI page (where you see all the different threads,) and at the upper left there will be a "button" that says, "New Thread." Click on that, give it a title and post.

I always use a lanyard; convenient & reusable. Who's going on the Oasis on November 8th. We are; can hardly wait!!

We are too. My first stop will be guest services to get a hole punch in my sea pass for my lanyard. I need it. I lost my seapass once- on a lanyard- having too much fun. It's just easier for me and DH.

Kathie

I use a lanyard worn around my neck and while on the top deck wind gust blew the pass out of the pouch. I should have had it under my shirt. If it's Ok to mention company names I found a holder made by Swiss Gear that's worn around the neck. It has three pockets with Velcro to hold them closed. Can carry passport, Sea Pass and receipts easily.

I'm a lanyard wearer, too. But I don't use the pouches since I lost a card on my 2nd cruise. I have a paper punch that I keep in my travel gear & use it to make a hole in one end of the card. That's where I'll thread the lanyard keyring to keep it from getting away from me. The card and my bottle opener. Funny how many new friends I meet when I have that opener and someone has a bottle. :D

My lanyards have a buckle toward the card end so I can unclip and present to the bartender, waiter, cashier. I don't always have pockets, so this is just a matter of convenience for me.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the ships we sailed we have seen various lanyards and different ways of carrying your sea pass.

We are comfortable with the Lanyards and DD buys a new one on each cruise in the gift shop (bling) where as me and DH use old faithfuls from school.

Sea Ya

As someone who managed to demagnitize her sea pass twice in one day... it's very easy to replace, and they even give you a brand new drink package sticker.

I stored my seapass in a little bag I bought that also carried my kindle. My kindle is in a sleep/wake case (this is done by magnets) and is also held in place by a giant magnet. Yeeeeeah, not my brightest idea!

Is this considered a lanyard? I use those stretchy things that people put keys on. You know the thing with a ton of loops and a key ring and a clip and it can stretch really far. I clip one end to the key ring part and I have guest services punch a hole in my card and then loop the card onto the key ring part. I bought a clear one at Wal-Mart years ago. Then I clip it together and loop it around my wrist or clip it to my bag if needed. If I'm not carrying anything and just swimming in the pool or running somewhere really quick it's easy to just loop it around my wrist.

Not as big or noticable as something around my neck and since it is clear not as colorful.

So does that make me a dork? Is it a lanyard? If so then buh buy clippy thing. :eek:

Who cares if others think you're a dork? They don't pay your SeaPass account, it's no business of theirs how you carry your card. If this is what works for you and you're comfortable with it, then rock on with it!

+2 for us.

So far, nobody has told us that we look like fools, whereas at least twice a cruise, someone asks were we got our lanyards.

Ours came from an F1 race at the Spa track in Belgum. But they are found all over the place.

(and if someone is bothered by my lanyard, that's not really my problem. that's theirs.)

I ask a question last cruise to one man wearing a RCL polo shirt with a RCl lanyard around his neck where something was on the ship. He got pissed at me because I thought he was an employee of RCL. The way he responded got my response, if you don't want people to think you are an employee, don't dress like one.

That said: Don't wear the shirt of the band you are going to see.

Someone posted on this thread that Charmin Charlies sells them. I bought a very nice beaded one on the Oasis a couple of years ago. It came with a plastic pouch which I did not use. The ship will punch a hole in your card.

:)

DS liked his Adventure Ocean lanyard, though the counselor there punched the hole in his card wrong and it broke off. We had to get a new card.

Royal sells a variety of lanyards. I like a lanyard. I bought a bright pink jewely one much like the ones Shirley posted. They also have a lanyard like the one in the far right in her picture, with a variety of blues and clear and maybe green.

On Vision they also sold a blingy wristlet, which I thought was neat.

I don't use the cheap plastic lanyard pouches, because those have broken on us at Disneyland so many times. We had Guest Services punch a hole in my card and I just put it on the lanyard like that. Easy.

(ps, in response to an "aside" in a response....the whole "don't wear a band shirt to the concert" wasn't a "thing" as far as I could EVER tell until Jeremy Piven's character said it in that stoner movie. He plays skeevy characters. I don't follow his characters' advice. Ever. Where BETTER to wear a concert shirt than to a concert?)

This thread is like the Energizer battery bunny: It keeps going and going and going! :D

Who cares! You want to use a lanyard then use one, you do not need any one to pass judgement. Granted, while I would never use one that does not make me better than those who wish to. Do what you feel best with. If putting it on your wrist with a rubber band works for you, then do it. If you want to tape it to your forehead then go ahead. There is simply no right or wrong or good, better or best here.

As for me, I don't like to advertise when on shore, and that is the same reason why I would never decorate my cabin door on a ship no more than I would at an hotel.

To each his own. Do what makes you comfortable.

I use the type lanyard that has the retractable cord on the end. I do wear it under my shirt. So when I need it I just reach under my shirt, and pull on the holder and then it retracts back into place. I always get the drink package so this way I always have it with me and after a few drinks, it's one less thing I have to worry about.. Where's the card, where's my phone camera, where's my ones, etc