Norovirus Oriana

T4TC

I think it is part of the new pricing strategy to give some cheaper options early on but without the extras and the choices.

Like you, I am very happy to pay Select because I like to choose the cabin and the dining and I like the OBC offers and knowing that the shuttles are included.

And I also don't agree with majortom that Oriana is not fit for purpose. Please don't send me to the scrap heap when I start with plumbing problems, majortom.

Edited by Scriv

Off on Oraina again in 4 weeks time. Always enjoy my cruises on her. Yes she is getting older now but i know this when i book and if i was concerned about this would stick to newer ships. However as Jean has pointed out there is no guarantees even then. My feeling is that her last major refit gave her a new lease of life and i for one would be very sorry to see her leave the P&O fleet.

Happy cruising all whatever ship you choose :)

Graham

Out of interest, our friend who was with us had never sailed on P&O, only Fred and Seabourn, so it was with some trepidation that we asked her to come on P&O. The ship was big for her after the others and so I was greatly relieved when she liked the ship a great deal. She liked the spaciousness, the wonderful teak decks, the wide Prom. She also liked the different bars and the theatre. So her only problem was the main courses at dinner (same as us) and she is looking forward to sailing on her again next year. Before that we are all on Adonia which will be new to all of us.

We are just back from a 4-nighter on Oriana and I don't recognise the ship we have just been on from some of the comments on here.

Despite speaking to a lot of people we heard of no problems in respect of Noro or plumbing. The food was good, although I think that is down to selection and I wouldn't disagree about some of the comments about the 'roast meats'.

In general I thought Oriana looked to be in good order and certainly not being run down prior to sale.

I don't agree that she is not fit for purpose at all. She just has a few problems, but then I sailed on Azura when she was new and we had toilets flooding, water dripping from the ceiling, all sorts.

Perhaps you did but they didnt have that problem on Azura that they have had consistently since our cruise in March.

P&O are currently offering "early saver" deals well into the summer and beyond but never rely on P&O website for prices of late deals you always get better late deal prices from major cruise TAs via their websitye or e-mails. The last time we sailed on Azura a couple were bragging how they got a good last minute deal and had only booked 7 days before the cruise but didnt like to tell them that we had booked earlier and paid just over half what they had paid.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for posting your thoughts, glad to read that you enjoyed your cruise.

We have booked a similar cabin aft on D deck. One of the new ones. Do we need toaskto move? Do you know if the water is a continuing problem for these cabin. We are on the cabin next to the new outside restricted view cabins. We booked it for the close proximity to the outside space.

We are looking forward to being back on Oriana for Xmas.

Sue

They are indeed in a very good location Sue. Hopefully they will get the problem sorted - if they have not already. It was very good to be able to get straight out to the Terrace pool & jacuzzi and all the public rooms on decks 8 & 7. The cabin did vibrate quite badly for 2 nights whilst we were doing a fairly high speed across the BoB and down the Portuguese coast but settled down as soon as we hit the Med. Even when it vibrated, it was extremely quiet - no rattles or creaks at all! Mine was the very last inside cabin. Perhaps mine was particularly badin terms of the water problem - I didn't see anyone else move or hear anyone complaining loudly!

I still love Oriana and will happily sail her again. I wouldn't choose the single cabin again but only becuase I enjoyed the extra space in the twin that they moved me to.

Some of the prices I am receiving for deals on Oriana by e-mail from different cruise TAs and also seeing on cruise programmes on TV are very cheap indeed and all are certainly not late deals some are for March next year....

If these deals are over the winter period, it is hardly surprising. Many pax do not want to sail out of Southampton in the depths of winter. I was surprised that our cruise (being in October) had sold so well and that there were no significant reductions at all.

Off on Oraina again in 4 weeks time. Always enjoy my cruises on her. Yes she is getting older now but i know this when i book and if i was concerned about this would stick to newer ships. However as Jean has pointed out there is no guarantees even then. My feeling is that her last major refit gave her a new lease of life and i for one would be very sorry to see her leave the P&O fleet.

Happy cruising all whatever ship you choose :)

Graham

Here here Graham! My thoughts entirely :)

Could they be preparing her for the new colours and livery?

You win the prize Scriv! Capt Camby explained at the Peninsular Cocktail Party that the P&O Logo was being removed piece by piece as Oriana will have the new livery very early next year (boo hiss! :)). They were removing the large cast iron letters a few at a time.

We are just back from a 4-nighter on Oriana and I don't recognise the ship we have just been on from some of the comments on here.

Despite speaking to a lot of people we heard of no problems in respect of Noro or plumbing. The food was good, although I think that is down to selection and I wouldn't disagree about some of the comments about the 'roast meats'.

In general I thought Oriana looked to be in good order and certainly not being run down prior to sale.

That's good to know - I'm on her next week for a four nighter and was getting rather concerned!

You win the prize Scriv! Capt Camby explained at the Peninsular Cocktail Party that the P&O Logo was being removed piece by piece as Oriana will have the new livery very early next year (boo hiss! :)). They were removing the large cast iron letters a few at a time.

Oh really??? :):):) It was just a thought!!!

So pleased it was for that reason though than anything more sinister - although I'm not too sure about the 'new look'.

Edited by Scriv

If these deals are over the winter period, it is hardly surprising. Many pax do not want to sail out of Southampton in the depths of winter. I was surprised that our cruise (being in October) had sold so well and that there were no significant reductions at all.

The deals have been all year round and cheaper than other P&O cruises on other ships.