Solo C/A benefits cut even more

:mad: Royal Caribbean International (RCI); screws over it's most loyal customers again. According to the RCI Crown & Anchor Society and RCI Resolutions: As of 13 October 2014; all discounts; to include Balcony; Resident; Senior; Military; Police; and Fire; will no longer be applied at 100% but now will be reduced to 75% for all Single Supplemented Rates. As well as OBC!!!

Really...... RCI/RCCL ? ? ?

:mad: Royal Caribbean International (RCI); screws over it's most loyal customers again. According to the RCI Crown & Anchor Society and RCI Resolutions: As of 13 October 2014; all discounts; to include Balcony; Resident; Senior; Military; Police; and Fire; will no longer be applied at 100% but now will be reduced to 75% for all Single Supplemented Rates. As well as OBC!!!

Really...... RCI/RCCL ? ? ?

At over 340 points, you will be applicable for different single rates and rules.

Who makes this policies? What is going on in Royal? It was bad already that solo have to pay the cruise fare for two passengers. But now what is it that Royal is trying to do? Penalize solo passengers for travelling solo?:(

Lets wish that who ever is making this policies does not face similar discriminations sometime.

At over 340 points, you will be applicable for different single rates and rules.

True.............we pay 75% of the cruise fare,but his point is now,we only get 75% of the discounts and OBC too...

Who makes this policies? What is going on in Royal? It was bad already that solo have to pay the cruise fare for two passengers. But now what is it that Royal is trying to do? Penalize solo passengers for travelling solo?:(

Lets wish that who ever is making this policies does not face similar discriminations sometime.

I don't cruise solo, but a friend of mine does....and he cruised NCL recently and he paid double to cruise as a solo. Royal is not unique in this, is what I am saying.

I don't cruise solo, but a friend of mine does....and he cruised NCL recently and he paid double to cruise as a solo. Royal is not unique in this, is what I am saying.

This is true and I don't think anyone is arguing that point. But C&A discounts and OBC have always been per cabin. Now singles get less even though we're paying 200% .

Last fall they granted double points to solo bookings. At the same time, IIRC, they changed the way non-com was handled to the detriment of solo cruisers. Now, they are prorating many items to the detriment of solos. Give with one ahnd then take away with two? I rarely cruise solo, but I feel for those who do.

Last fall they granted double points to solo bookings. At the same time, IIRC, they changed the way non-com was handled to the detriment of solo cruisers. Now, they are prorating many items to the detriment of solos. Give with one ahnd then take away with two? I rarely cruise solo, but I feel for those who do.

Wife cruises solo insides so balcony discounts don't apply, OBC is usually low, so 75% of $50 is practically nothing anyway. Their program after all

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

OK, this is not making sense to me. I just booked a Majesty cruise this past weekend (after 10/13) and received the same resident discount as a solo traveler as I would have with two people. I just did a mock booking to check it and sure enough - $90 resident discount per person for 2, and $180 for solo (the deal I got).

So are we sure about this?

Or maybe it's something they are planning on implementing later?

OK, this is not making sense to me. I just booked a Majesty cruise this past weekend (after 10/13) and received the same resident discount as a solo traveler as I would have with two people. I just did a mock booking to check it and sure enough - $90 resident discount per person for 2, and $180 for solo (the deal I got).

So are we sure about this?

Or maybe it's something they are planning on implementing later?

I see the confusion here.........yes,they still give you the whole discount for solo,but the OP is talking about those with over 340 credits who pay 75% of the cruise fare..........THEN the discount is "discounted" to 75% also...Used to get the 100% discount from the fare...........

Clear as mud?:p

Discrimination, you've got to be kidding me. I hate when people use that word indiscriminately. :banghead:

I'm cruising solo in March and i'm only getting 75% of my discount on the $200 cabin discount. I'm also paying twice the cruise insurance as my family members who are not cruising solo. I recently cruised on Princess and there was a $225pp OBC, I got a $450 OBC and paid $200% for my room. However, the balcony cabin was only $245pp, for a 5 day cruise, so I paid $490. I may have to jump ship if they keep giving deals like that!!!!! :eek:

I see the confusion here.........yes,they still give you the whole discount for solo,but the OP is talking about those with over 340 credits who pay 75% of the cruise fare..........THEN the discount is "discounted" to 75% also...Used to get the 100% discount from the fare...........

Clear as mud?:p

Ahh. OK, so this only applies to the D+ 340 points and above. Got it. I'm still a long way from that. It does seem like an odd way to reward your most loyal cruisers. Especially given what it costs to make 340 points….

Ahh. OK, so this only applies to the D+ 340 points and above. Got it. I'm still a long way from that. It does seem like an odd way to reward your most loyal cruisers. Especially given what it costs to make 340 points….

Exactly! I guess I should have clarified that a bit more in original post.. It effects those at the 340 mark and above. ;)

Edited by Rockfordcruiser

Wife cruises solo insides so balcony discounts don't apply, OBC is usually low, so 75% of $50 is practically nothing anyway. Their program after all

You are correct it is there program and I am sure they made a business decision based on the number of solo cruisers who are D+ and have 340 pts that actually book Balcony rooms against those who now can become D+ twice as fast with double points. So it will equal out for all but a few who did PAY full price without double points. They still have a good program and yes we all wish there were more discounts but they are in Business not non profit. I know had that feeling when they switched to points the cruise before I hit the next level and had to wait to get there.

You are correct it is there program and I am sure they made a business decision based on the number of solo cruisers who are D+ and have 340 pts that actually book Balcony rooms against those who now can become D+ twice as fast with double points. So it will equal out for all but a few who did PAY full price without double points. They still have a good program and yes we all wish there were more discounts but they are in Business not non profit. I know had that feeling when they switched to points the cruise before I hit the next level and had to wait to get there.

I am both a fairly frequent cruiser (and been loyal to Royal) and a stockholder, but not a solo cruiser. Yes, the company is 'for profit' and to give stockholders a nice return on their investment, but there also is room for discounts to reward their frequent cruisers, solo cruisers and others, without overly damaging the bottom line.

Repeat cruisers probably don't spend as much onboard as newbies, because of liquor perks/restaurant perks; but the balcony discounts and others keep them booking cabins. Royal needs to balance both and NOT keep removing discounts.....and this is from a stockholder who wants greater return on my investment and I fully believe both can be accomplished. Every day Royal and others lines are attracting new cruisers to the fold as well.

It is probably not a substantial loss in your wife's case in an inside cabin with low OBC. For some other solos it might add up (for example: senior rate partially lost, D+ balcony discount partially lost, and book on board credit partially lost).

It is their program. It is their pricing structure. They certainly can change it up at will. Still, I feel for those impacted.

It is probably not a substantial loss in your wife's case in an inside cabin with low OBC. For some other solos it might add up (for example: senior rate partially lost, D+ balcony discount partially lost, and book on board credit partially lost).

It is their program. It is their pricing structure. They certainly can change it up at will. Still, I feel for those impacted.

She sets a target of $1000 per week solo. Any OBC is a bonus. Will be the 150% supplement in early 2016 if all works out