It's a "Suite" Life ! ! !

ger_77

I honestly didn't think lightning could strike twice, but it seems to have at our house. A couple of weeks ago we were visited by the "Upsell Fairy" who - for a very reasonable sum - offered us an upgrade from our beloved inside cabin on the Main Deck to a V on Deck 5. We decided to go for it, as it is a special cruise for us, why not, right?

Last week we received another offer from the same Fairy - this time to move from our V to an SZ. We looked at it and decided the cost wasn't worth it, just for a little extra balcony and a slightly larger cabin.

Today said Fairy arrived again, this time with an offer to change from our V to an SA on the Rotterdam Deck. All I had to hear was the price - and oh my word, it was in my budget, so we jumped at it. We now are Suite Folk - although it appears DH will have to take back the porta-bbq and fishing equipment because according to "Jay" at HAL, we aren't supposed to do that from our verandah. I guess we'll adapt. :D

Couldn't be happier, now how do I clean up all this fairy dust? ! ! ! ! !

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Excellent and have a great time.

Concerning upsells and booking straight with HAL or using a TA: with HAL bookings the offers come directly to you by email; with a TA it is a matter of if and how fast the TA or his/her office passes on the offers to you.

If you are really interested in an upsell, you will be emailed the upsell offers, with no intermediary if you book with HAL directly. May be the best way to go.

Actually, not in our case. My TA gave HAL permission to contact me directly with the upsell offer and they did! She knew she wouldn't be available at the right time.

I've had several upsell offers with my TA :).

Sometimes, I think a good TA who is "connected" can help secure up sells just as well if not better than if you book with HAL. that's just our experience of course. I haven't figured out how the upsell fairy works:)

Concerning upsells and booking straight with HAL or using a TA: with HAL bookings the offers come directly to you by email; with a TA it is a matter of if and how fast the TA or his/her office passes on the offers to you.

If you are really interested in an upsell, you will be emailed the upsell offers, with no intermediary if you book with HAL directly. May be the best way to go.

Totally agree. There is no way a TA is going to get it out faster than hal. With hal, it's direct. When I dealt with a ta it was rare that I saw an upsell. I don't need anyone to hold my hand so I book directly.

Totally agree. There is no way a TA is going to get it out faster than hal. With hal, it's direct. When I dealt with a ta it was rare that I saw an upsell. I don't need anyone to hold my hand so I book directly.

Totally agree. On our upcoming cruise, Oct. 31, I received 3 upsell offers. I took the first one, immediately, to a veranda mid ship from an OV, and the other two I didn't take. They were beyond my budget. But, I am very happy with the stateroom we chose.

I haven't received emails from HAL in a long time. What is going on? I used to receive them quite regularly.

I haven't received emails from HAL in a long time. What is going on? I used to receive them quite regularly.

Do you have an o/s FCC's with them? I think that might increase mailings. That said, I get nothing from them. The only time I did was when I didn't have a cruise booked with them. I get bombarded from Cunard and Princess. I just booked a princess cruise a week ago so I imagine I won't be seeing anything from them now.

Do you have an o/s FCC's with them? I think that might increase mailings. That said, I get nothing from them. The only time I did was when I didn't have a cruise booked with them. I get bombarded from Cunard and Princess. I just booked a princess cruise a week ago so I imagine I won't be seeing anything from them now.

Just reset my Preferences on HAL's website. It was due to Canada's anti spam legislation.

Like you, we had not received email from HAL for quite a while, and I had no idea why. I finally called the guest relations office where they told me my file had "no mail or email" checked off. Who did it or why, I have no idea, so I had it changed right away. Now we occasionally get emails, but still not as often as before.

I really think if you have a cruise booked, you don't get nearly as many emails as someone who doesn't have one booked. Our son and daughter-in-law get many more email offers than we do, and they don't have anything booked.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

I've been getting a lot of mail from Oceania and Viking lately.

I agree with those who say if you have a cruise booked, HAL sends nothing.

[quote name='kazu']Actually, not in our case. My TA gave HAL permission to contact me directly with the upsell offer and they did! She knew she wouldn't be available at the right time.

I've had several upsell offers with my TA :).

Sometimes, I think a good TA who is "connected" can help secure up sells just as well if not better than if you book with HAL. that's just our experience of course. I haven't figured out how the upsell fairy works:)[/QUOTE]

Kazu, after reading your comment I contacted our TA and asked her to ask HAL to contact us directly with any upsell offer. She tells me she called HAL but they told her they could only contact her about an upsell. Makes me nervous because she's away a fair amount of time and I worry that we'll miss an opportunity.

We've previously booked with a PCC so we got the emails directly, but switched to this TA for the miles we'll receive.

Any suggestions for getting connected to HAL directly, short of canceling, rebooking and losing our miles?

Thanks!