A loyalty award proposal

vandalayceo

There have been ongoing threads and discussions about Princess instituting a new "Super Elite" level above the existing Elite level.

Any feedback from people who may or may not have insight into present Princess thinking seems to indicate there is no planning along these lines at the present time.

I'm assuming as the number of elites continues to grow Princess feels another level with any meaningful benefits may become too costly.

As a long time Elite member (30 cruises, 320+days),I would like to see something that already Elite members can continue aspire to, just for the fun and challenge of it.

There is of course the most traveled luncheon/cocktail party, but this is very hit or miss (we've done it twice) and not something you can anticipate or specifically "work" towards as you continue to patronize Princess.

I propose Princess institute a singular recognition/reward related to a persons 1 year at sea ie. 365th day aboard a Princess ship. I would suggest the equivalent of a year aboard a Princess ship is a milestone kind of event.

The award part would not have to be major-dinner at one of the Specialty restaurants for example, possibly along with recognition on the morning show, in the Patter, and/or at the CC party.

The number of people on any one cruise achieving the distinction I believe would be small, and since it is a one time only award, of low cost to Princess.

This idea could of course be expanded to recognize each subsequent full year of cruising, with ever smaller numbers of recipients, still at very low cost to Princess.

Maybe also from then on your cruise card could have a special symbol showing you have achieved the "1 Year at Sea Club", which along with $7.95 (plus 15% tip) gets you a martini at Crooners.:)

There have been ongoing threads and discussions about Princess instituting a new "Super Elite" level above the existing Elite level.

Any feedback from people who may or may not have insight into present Princess thinking seems to indicate there is no planning along these lines at the present time.

I'm assuming as the number of elites continues to grow Princess feels another level with any meaningful benefits may become too costly.

As a long time Elite member (30 cruises, 320+days),I would like to see something that already Elite members can continue aspire to, just for the fun and challenge of it.

There is of course the most traveled luncheon/cocktail party, but this is very hit or miss (we've done it twice) and not something you can anticipate or specifically "work" towards as you continue to patronize Princess.

I propose Princess institute a singular recognition/reward related to a persons 1 year at sea ie. 365th day aboard a Princess ship. I would suggest the equivalent of a year aboard a Princess ship is a milestone kind of event.

The award part would not have to be major-dinner at one of the Specialty restaurants for example, possibly along with recognition on the morning show, in the Patter, and/or at the CC party.

The number of people on any one cruise achieving the distinction I believe would be small, and since it is a one time only award, of low cost to Princess.

This idea could of course be expanded to recognize each subsequent full year of cruising, with ever smaller numbers of recipients, still at very low cost to Princess.

Maybe also from then on your cruise card could have a special symbol showing you have achieved the "1 Year at Sea Club", which along with $7.95 (plus 15% tip) gets you a martini at Crooners.:)

First let them take care of us who have almost three years at sea.

I cant help thinking that it will happen eventually. Celebrity was maybe slightly easier to get to the top level on until a year ago when they added two more tiers.

I always like round numbers or at least logical numbers and sort of wish when Princess had shoe horned in the Ruby level they had pushed Platinum UP two cruises so te tiers looked like this:

Blue - 1 (move up after to Gold on cruise 2)

Gold - 2 (move up to Ruby on cruise 4)

Ruby - 4 (move up to Platinum on cruise 8)

Platinum - 8 (move up to Elite on cruise 16)

Then they would have laid the groundwork for Elite for 16 cruises and then at 32 move up to Elite Plus. Stay there for 32 cruises and move up again at 64 to Elite Platinum etc.

Elite - 16 (move up to Elite Plus on cruise 32)

Elite Plus - 32 (move up to Elite Platinum on cruise 64)

Etc...

This would stretch out each level more and more accomplishing a quick progression initially but each new level being further away. That seems to be what Celebrity did with the two new levels being way out there.

Princess ould have incorporated the Captains Circle $25/$50/$75/$100 into the new levels so they are already part way there with the costs.

OR, they could do nothing. But I sort of expect that they will add at least one more level eventually as more and more people obtain more and more cruises under their belts.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Lots of luck with this. If it happens then you can say, "wahoo". I have no issue with Princess recognizing people with a zillion days at sea or whatever level they choose. 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or whatever. I just don't think it will happen any time soon.

Lots of luck with this. If it happens then you can say, "wahoo". I have no issue with Princess recognizing people with a zillion days at sea or whatever level they choose. 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or whatever. I just don't think it will happen any time soon.

I agree.

Lots of luck with this...I just don't think it will happen any time soon.

I agree also. By adding a tier above Elite, Princess would be saying to those who had previously achieved Elite that they are now "second-tier".

I think the way I might handle it would be to add additional "silent" perks for Elite members as they pass certain day or cruise credit thresholds. Perhaps, along the lines of Pia's suggestion, add a gold star or anchor to the black Elite card for each threshold passed, so those in-the-know would be impressed ;).

Edited by Ryndam2002

Wonder if doing things the way they are now BUT by "number of days" only ... rather than also allowing "number of cruises" to count would be a good idea?

LuLu

Works for me, but may not for Princess. Basing things on number of cruises helps to sell the coastal cruises and other short ones.

Wonder if doing things the way they are now BUT by "number of days" only ... rather than also allowing "number of cruises" to count would be a good idea?

LuLu

When this first started, it was tiered by number of cruises. Then they realized that a 30 day cruise and a 3 day cruise are not created equal and elected to tier it by number of days. This to me is the only fair way.

When this first started, it was tiered by number of cruises. Then they realized that a 30 day cruise and a 3 day cruise are not created equal and elected to tier it by number of days. This to me is the only fair way.

Agreed. A per night tally is fairer than a per cruise .

A combination of the two will also work, if one cruise is based on a standard cruise (7-10 nights).:D

I also agree. Number of days is the fairest way to do it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just got off a 15 day Hawaiian cruise that was apparently so elite top heavy that there was a notice in my room on embarkation saying the the normal Elite next-day laundry and cleaning service had to be revised to 72-hour turnaround for that cruise.

I'm one of those "bring 4 pairs and send out wash daily" guys, so it did play hob with my schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just got off a 15 day Hawaiian cruise that was apparently so elite top heavy that there was a notice in my room on embarkation saying the the normal Elite next-day laundry and cleaning service had to be revised to 72-hour turnaround for that cruise.

I'm one of those "bring 4 pairs and send out wash daily" guys, so it did play hob with my schedule.

Did you resort to washing them yourself while in the shower?:p

There isn't room in most Princess showers ;). I prefer to do my own laundry in the self-service laundromats anyway. I've had cruise line send-out laundries damage a number of items over the years.

Of course, I forgot that Princess has the self service laundries. Not good if the ship's laundry is ruining the passengers clothes.

A cruise friend had his Tux dry cleaned on board and it went missing. They couldn't find it, so they gave him some compensation at the end of the cruise but it was only 200 pounds, you cannot buy much of a Tux for that amount.:(

why would you need to send out washing daily

Of course, I forgot that Princess has the self service laundries. Not good if the ship's laundry is ruining the passengers clothes.

A cruise friend had his Tux dry cleaned on board and it went missing. They couldn't find it, so they gave him some compensation at the end of the cruise but it was only 200 pounds, you cannot buy much of a Tux for that amount.:(

Reminds me of years ago when they did in fact do regular dry clean, a passenger on our ship sent his 100% wool tux, they washed it, and it what was returned to him could have fit a six year old. :eek:

Never did find out how they compensated him.

Reminds me of years ago when they did in fact do regular dry clean, a passenger on our ship sent his 100% wool tux, they washed it, and it what was returned to him could have fit a six year old. :eek:

Never did find out how they compensated him.

That is terrible but a little bit funny as well.:eek:

Most cruise lines has a standard compensation amount in the T&C for laundry mishaps, any shortfall would then need to be taken up with the insurance company (if any).

Princess Elite perks are some of the best in the industry. I am extremely happy with what Princess gives us and ask for nothing more We are credited with 42 cruises now and have been Elite for many years.

Why change a good thing?

LuLu

Great comment. To make longer Europe cruises equal to shorter Carbean cruise seems to me unfair.

Princess Elite perks are some of the best in the industry. I am extremely happy with what Princess gives us and ask for nothing more We are credited with 42 cruises now and have been Elite for many years.

Why change a good thing?

It's not so much as changing the system to ask for more free benefits but rather a goal to shoot for even if it just includes something like the express line as the passengers services desk.

The OP has is right. I don't believe anyone is looking for more, it's just the recognition that's a nice gesture.

Other cruise lines have added higher tiers recently (Celebrity) so it would be good if Princess does as well. Not to get more free stuff as Princess already is "the best" in my books, but as mentioned so that there is always something to aim for. Always a reason to take the next cruise with Princess.

I haven't found a cruise line that gives as much free internet after so few cruises. You have to be Elite on Celebrity to get a 90 minute Internet package. Other cruise lines give a free bag of laundry as a perk rather than unlimited free laundry. In a way it is too bad they couldn't cut back on the amount of internet that Princess gives at Platinum and give more at Elite or higher. I know, easy for me to say now that I am Elite. But realistically it is difficult for them to give more as they are already so generous compared to other programs.

They do have the $25/50/75/100 CC money that could be worked into an official higher level. I have wondered about giving away the DVD that is produced on every cruise to higher loyalty level cruisers. It costs nothing more to produce more of the DVD's once the first one is done and the Videographers put a ton of work into it. Yet I bet vey few frequent cruisers buy them because lets face it, we go on another cruise rather than watching the highlite's of the last cruise over and over. So it wouldn't substantially hurt revenue from the sales of the DVD and I think it would be a meaningful perk to frequent Princess cruisers.

Just one idea...

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector