A loyalty award proposal

vandalayceo

Can't find the comment now that I can reply but someone mentioned it would be nice for solo cruisers to get more points. Princess gives you double the cruise days when you pay for solo. The exception being for suites. Normally if a couple books a suite each person gets 2 cruise day credits. Instead of 2 sea day credits per person for suites when traveling solo you 3 cruise days. Personally I think this is a bit skewed. I think it should be 4 but it's 3.

I think suite passengers should get extra time.

Also although your tier does not go any higher on Princess after Elite you do start getting extra on board credit until you hit the $100 mark. Not a bad deal.

Use to be Elite only for the 5-7 cocktail party but they had so few Elites show up that they included platinum just to help fill the room. Someday they may stop that perk for Platinum.

With the change in cruise credits for Logical Voyages it is easier to move up faster in the status chain. Roomer still has it that like all Cruise lines eventually Princess will follow suit and change the tier structure based on sea days only. They will grandfather in the Elite passengers only. . Edited by RKSue

[quote name='RKSue']...Roomer still has it that like all Cruise lines eventually Princess will follow suit and change the tier structure based on sea days only. They will grandfather in the Elite passengers only. .[/QUOTE]

Just wondering if you heard this from someone reliable within Princess, or if it was just "cocktail chatter", no offense? I just made Platinum, but am a long way from Elite.

[quote name='Ryndam2002']Just wondering if you heard this from someone reliable within Princess, or if it was just "cocktail chatter", no offense? I just made Platinum, but am a long way from Elite.[/QUOTE]

Only grandfathering in the Elites will not make too many people happy. :(
They need to grandfather people at whatever level they are currently at (like X did) and even then a lot of people left the brand due to feeling ripped.

[quote name='MicCanberra']Only grandfathering in the Elites will not make too many people happy. :(
They need to grandfather people at whatever level they are currently at (like X did) and even then a lot of people left the brand due to feeling ripped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. If this is in fact happening - I think they should grandfather in everyone who is gold or above to the requirements they started with and make any new requirements apply to new cruisers only. If I had 14 cruises and discovered I had to cruise another 110 days (pretty much making this up) I'd be pretty upset.

[quote name='abbydancer']Yeah. If this is in fact happening - I think they should grandfather in everyone who is gold or above to the requirements they started with and make any new requirements apply to new cruisers only. If I had 14 cruises and discovered I had to cruise another 110 days (pretty much making this up) I'd be pretty upset.[/QUOTE]

Definitely be upsetting for some/lots of people, although I am more likely to get there quicker by number of days rather than cruises anyway.

[quote name='RKSue']Can't find the comment now that I can reply but someone mentioned it would be nice for solo cruisers to get more points. Princess gives you double the cruise days when you pay for solo. The exception being for suites. Normally if a couple books a suite each person gets 2 cruise day credits. Instead of 2 sea day credits per person for suites when traveling solo you 3 cruise days. Personally I think this is a bit skewed. I think it should be 4 but it's 3.

I think suite passengers should get extra time.

Also although your tier does not go any higher on Princess after Elite you do start getting extra on board credit until you hit the $100 mark. Not a bad deal.

Use to be Elite only for the 5-7 cocktail party but they had so few Elites show up that they included platinum just to help fill the room. Someday they may stop that perk for Platinum.

With the change in cruise credits for Logical Voyages it is easier to move up faster in the status chain. Roomer still has it that like all Cruise lines eventually Princess will follow suit and change the tier structure based on sea days only. They will grandfather in the Elite passengers only. .[/QUOTE]
Princess does NOT give double cruise days to passengers sailing solo. They give 2 cruise credits, but no extra days

[quote name='Nancyquilts']Been there, done that.:D But you do meet the nicest people in the laundry rooms.[/QUOTE]

We had a laundry party once, just strangers meeting by putting on a load of washing, a few of us went and got some drinks and chatted. It was resumed later that day in one of the bars once the duties were finished, most of us are still cruise friends now.:D

[quote name='Ryndam2002']Just wondering if you heard this from someone reliable within Princess, or if it was just "cocktail chatter", no offense? I just made Platinum, but am a long way from Elite.[/quote]

From what I remember, that rumor has been going on for about a year or two.

• 3 months later...
[quote name='heddyjan']Why not just put a gold stripe on the elite card after 500 days cruised after elite status reached.
Extra benefit could be entry to the Sanctuary - underused anyway and at no cost to Princess.[/quote]

Not always underused

[IMG]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/caribill/Royal%202014/990107128010715SanctuaryfullybookedsignDSC05976_zpsdbd432fd.jpg[/IMG]

I think maybe the present system of rewards is probably as fair as it can get. I certainly would be upset if there was a change to cruises only and not the number of days.

I have posted this information before but just to prove my point that the number of cruises can be unfair to others, look at these statistics.

In the latest Cruise Atlas (2015-16)there are 248 cruises of 8 days or less leaving USA ports (excluding Alaska) with many of them 3,4 or 5 days. Now guess how many cruises of 8 days or less are in there from Australian ports - a whopping yes whopping 23. That make it pretty hard for Aussies if Princess were to work only on the number of cruises. You can see from these statistics how easy it can be for those in the USA to get to Elite status.:)

[quote name='heddyjan']Why not just put a gold stripe on the elite card after 500 days cruised.
Extra benefit could be entry to the Sanctuary - underused anyway and at no cost to Princess.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]It sure would cost them money. All the Elites with gold stripes would fill the Sanctuary first thing & there wouldn't be any chairs to sell. We've been on a few cruises where the cutoff was well above the 500 mark. [/FONT]

Elites still need another loyalty level because it's nice to have something to strive towards.
Elite at 150 days ...... Still just Elite at 1000 days.
It's nice for any business to show appreciation for continued loyalty by its customers.
Any other suggestions?

[quote name='Lovetocruiseprincess'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It sure would cost them money. All the Elites with gold stripes would fill the Sanctuary first thing & there wouldn't be any chairs to sell. We've been on a few cruises where the cutoff was well above the 500 mark. [/FONT][/quote]
And what would happen if there were more elites than chairs?

I am content with the perks I got. Every time I board I get $100 OBC plus at least $50 as a shareholder. Next January on the final voyage of the Ocean Princess will be my 75th and 76th cruise credit so I will be eating breakfast at Sabatini's for 64 days.

[quote name='Wehwalt']I am content with the perks I got. Every time I board I get $100 OBC plus at least $50 as a shareholder. Next January on the final voyage of the Ocean Princess will be my 75th and 76th cruise credit so I will be eating breakfast at Sabatini's for 64 days.[/QUOTE]

You certainly timed it right. We only had 11 days for our 75th. Enjoy! We did. :)

[quote name='Iamcruzin']Personally I don't see any reason for Princess to create another level of loyalty above elite. It seems they did a good job of getting a lot of you hooked already according to some of the stats posted. They must be doing something right.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[quote name='Wehwalt']I am content with the perks I got. Every time I board I get $100 OBC plus at least $50 as a shareholder. Next January on the final voyage of the Ocean Princess will be my 75th and 76th cruise credit so I will be eating breakfast at Sabatini's for 64 days.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? I am 5 cruises away from my 75th. Am I reading this correctly? Do you get breakfast in Sabatini's for the entirety of your 75th voyage? If so, I need to strategize. ;) I wasn't aware of this perk but I look forward to it even if I probably won't use it more then once for the cruise. But I do think their needs to be a higher tier for the 500 days plus crowd. Heck even make it 750 so I have something to look forward to.

[quote name='Sitmar Lady']Wait what? I am 5 cruises away from my 75th. Am I reading this correctly? Do you get breakfast in Sabatini's for the entirety of your 75th voyage? If so, I need to strategize. ;) I wasn't aware of this perk but I look forward to it even if I probably won't use it more then once for the cruise. But I do think their needs to be a higher tier for the 500 days plus crowd. Heck even make it 750 so I have something to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

Yes. On your 75th, you get breakfast at Sabatini's every day,no matter how many days on that cruise. As stated, we only had 11, but Gary will get however many days his first cruise it. You will also get a beautiful flower arrangement and a bottle of bubbly.

Gary: you are not going to get it for#76.

[quote name='paul929207']I sure hope the do not lower the number of days for Elite. On some cruises it is difficult to take advantage of the Elite perks with all the Elites. Lowering the bar would just make a bigger mess.[/QUOTE]
+1

Srpilo

I bet Princess would really like their Loyalty Award Program to be based on dollars spent. I think that would be very fair. People are complaining people are moving up too fast to elite status with inexpensive short cruises. Solo passengers would benefit.

Princess is adding more cabins to the Island for more revenue - that is what it is all about.