Do you ever see the same crew?

Johalla

Been on Equinox twice in MDR had a marvelous sommelier, Murak. Next time he wasn't our sommelier, but he made it a point to come chat every evening & made sure our new (first cruise) sommelier knew exactly what we liked & when. Our tablemate was thrilled when she brought him Drambuie the first evening before he asked for it. Tips flowed as well as the wine did.

Have seen many other familiar faces on different ships as well, usually bartenders & cocktail servers remember me (I must tip) & what I drink

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by awhfy

We've only been on 2 cruises but we have absolutely loved some of the crew we have met. I wonder if their is a high retention rate? What are the odds of seeing your old cabin person (I forget what they are called) or wait staff again? Especially if you went on the same ship again?

I noticed in some of your signatures that some of you have taken the same ship numerous times. You guys ever see the same crew and they are your lifetime buddies now?

We cruise a number of lines, have over 50 cruises, most on Princess about 25+, -- have run into some waiters and Assist Mater'd on Princess only... never a cabin steward.

On our first cruise of the Fascination we had a wonderful waitress named Yves. A year or so later, we were on the Fascination again, it was the day of horrible boarding because of a storm at sea, so everyone had anytime dining. We had early the rest of the cruise. We sat down with our roll call friends for dinner, and the waitress looked at my DH and said , welcome back Mr. Charles. How nice, and we enjoyed her company again, (but only for that night):(

I have cruised with Jen 3 times as my cruise director. I do enjoy that girl!

Our last four cruises on Princess had the same cruise director. He's not one of our favorites, so it wasn't a treat. It was two different ships. The captain is, though, and we enjoyed seeing him on three of those cruises. For waiters, we've only had the same junior waiter once--on cruises that were four months apart but different ships. We've recognized other staff members, especially maître d's and head waiters, from previous cruises.

Edited by geoherb

We've only been on 2 cruises but we have absolutely loved some of the crew we have met. I wonder if their is a high retention rate? What are the odds of seeing your old cabin person (I forget what they are called) or wait staff again? Especially if you went on the same ship again?

I noticed in some of your signatures that some of you have taken the same ship numerous times. You guys ever see the same crew and they are your lifetime buddies now?

When we were on the Gem I recognized the assistant maitre'd from when he had worked on the Sky.