Best time to arrive for Breeze check-in

buelah111

We leave in four weeks on the Breeze Thanksgiving sailing. Right now we are planning to drive down to Miami from Central Florida on Friday evening so we can have a nice relaxing morning on Saturday before heading to the ship. I'm usually one who likes to arrive at the port as early as possible, but based on what I'm reading I'm wondering what the best time to arrive at POM would be. We don't have FTTF, so we won't be able to get into the room until 1:30. With this itinerary we'll have three sea days and essentially two half-days on board the ship, so I'm not sure if having an extra couple of hours on board on Saturday are worth the hassle of fighting crowds on the Lido with our couple of carry-on bags.

What I haven't been able to find, however, is whether the check-in process time is significantly better if we arrive at 11am vs 12:30 or 1pm. I'm probably inclined to shoot for the quickest check-in process time and figure-out the rest accordingly. Any experiences with the check-in/boarding timing based on different arrivals times would be welcome so I can figure-out our plan.

Thanks!

Stacy

We just got off the Breeze from the 6-day sailing Oct. 19. It was a mad house to embark. Not enough room for all the passengers trying to embark. Lines were too long and took too much time. Much too much confusion on the part of Carnival. Not sure when to tell you to embark. I don't think FTTF would help you in this matter.

Sorry, Stacy. The only other time on the Breeze, we were Priority boarding.

But other ships out of Miami, we have always gotten to the port around 11:00 to 11:30 and not had much of a wait to get on but wait to get into room.

I would suggest a little later. Maybe have a longer line to get on, but at least you maybe be able to go right to your room and drop your bags. Either that or check all your bags with the porter but one small bag with the necessities you need.

Edited by HawkIVette

We leave in four weeks on the Breeze Thanksgiving sailing. Right now we are planning to drive down to Miami from Central Florida on Friday evening so we can have a nice relaxing morning on Saturday before heading to the ship. I'm usually one who likes to arrive at the port as early as possible, but based on what I'm reading I'm wondering what the best time to arrive at POM would be. We don't have FTTF, so we won't be able to get into the room until 1:30. With this itinerary we'll have three sea days and essentially two half-days on board the ship, so I'm not sure if having an extra couple of hours on board on Saturday are worth the hassle of fighting crowds on the Lido with our couple of carry-on bags.

What I haven't been able to find, however, is whether the check-in process time is significantly better if we arrive at 11am vs 12:30 or 1pm. I'm probably inclined to shoot for the quickest check-in process time and figure-out the rest accordingly. Any experiences with the check-in/boarding timing based on different arrivals times would be welcome so I can figure-out our plan.

Thanks!

Stacy

If you really want the quickest check in time, go around 2:00 p.m. (assuming a 4:00 scheduled departure). We've done this numerous times and generally one can be aboard drinking a Miami Vice at the Atrium bar 15 minutes after arrival. We're Plat, but prefer this to the waiting in the lounge which has become a madhouse in some ways since they instituted FTTF.

Edited by LostPuppy

Boggles my mind' date=' how any cruise line, cannot figure out how to get people on and off their ships. THEY DO THE SAME THING EVERY WEEK !![/quote']

Well, they do just pull into port that morning, try to get 4000 passengers off the ship between 8 am and 10 am, with all their luggage, then load all the new passengers luggage along with 4000 new passengers, run them through security, take all those stupid photos, and clean all the rooms by 3 pm.

I don't think they do all that bad a job, considering we all book our cruises so far out sometimes, and we can't wait another couple of hours to get drunk and act like a fool for a week.

Edited by HawkIVette

HAWKI

That is their job' date=' and they do a decent job, however, week in, week out, one would think they would have a better system in place[/quote']

Really? Latest you can stay in your cabin is 8:30.

If EVERYONE left their cabins at 8:30, and each steward has 10-12 cabins, you expect your cabin to be immaculate?

Everyone will complain that they found that ONE piece of hair on the bathroom floor.

Let's see you, or anyone for that matter, clean 12 cabins in 3 hours.

Give them a break.

KP & HAWK

You might want to look at my post' date=' I'm talking about getting people on and off ship. Cabins are ready when they are ready.[/quote']

I did look at your post, and just getting 4000 people off the ship takes a couple of hours minimum. And that's the easy part. With getting them back on, registering them, getting the billing set up, getting them their S&S cards (remember the first time you Sailed, how you probably did know that you had to give them a CC # or give them a Driver's license or passport). Something always gets forgotten or screwed up.

Then get them all through security safely and together (don't forget all those old people that need help in the wheelchairs- and some not so old, just buffet browsers). Then to heard them all through one entrance on the ship so Carnival knows exactly who is and is not on the ship (would hate to have a stowaway, either left over from the last cruise or some illegal trying for a free vacation), then we would have to divert the ship back to port to drop them off and ruin the rest of the cruise for you and me.

I still think they do pretty good for a 8 hr turn around.

I certainly don't mind it, because I AM GOING ON VACATION!!!!:D

Edited by HawkIVette

• 4 weeks later...

End of September, we arrived at POM by taxi a little before 11 am (we didn't have FTTF). 10 minutes after checking 1 big bag outside, we made it to the check-in line where there were only about 5-6 people standing (the counters were full, but the wait-line was minimal). Even despite a screw-up at the counter (we didn't get our Zone thingie and had to chase down a supervisor at the counter to get one), 30 minutes later we were onboard, sitting in the cool of the Italian restaurant on Deck 11 and ordering a very tasty (free) lunch. There were less than a dozen people visible in the restaurant, including the wait staff.

Debarkation: Because of our stateroom location (Deck 7 forward) we got one of the highest Zone numbers (like 31 out of 32) and decided, okay, that's fine, for once we won't try to rush off the ship. We just waited for our call, sat and chatted with some friends on Deck 5 till around 9-ish, and then we "breezed" off the ship. It was by far the easiest departure I've ever experienced as non-VIP, and it was at least equal to our VIP exit from RC Oasis 2 years before.

Edited by Moonarino

End of September, we arrived at POM by taxi a little before 11 am (we didn't have FTTF). 10 minutes after checking 1 big bag outside, we made it to the check-in line where there were only about 5-6 people standing (the counters were full, but the wait-line was minimal). Even despite a screw-up at the counter (we didn't get our Zone thingie and had to chase down a supervisor at the counter to get one), 30 minutes later we were onboard, sitting in the cool of the Italian restaurant on Deck 11 and ordering a very tasty (free) lunch. There were less than a dozen people visible in the restaurant, including the wait staff.

Debarkation: Because of our stateroom location (Deck 7 forward) we got one of the highest Zone numbers (like 31 out of 32) and decided, okay, that's fine, for once we won't try to rush off the ship. We just waited for our call, sat and chatted with some friends on Deck 5 till around 9-ish, and then we "breezed" off the ship. It was by far the easiest departure I've ever experienced as non-VIP, and it was at least equal to our VIP exit from RC Oasis 2 years before.

I appreciate hearing about your experience. We are thinking we'll shoot to arrive between 10:30 and 11:00. Hopefully everything will go as smoothly for us as it did for you!

I was on the Breeze for a B2B end of August/first of September. I'm platinum & got to port around 10:00. Checked in very quickly - BUT - there was something off - we're all in the priority lounge for well over an hour, then they came & got us to take us to a bigger room they used as an overflow room - lots & lots of people crammed into all of the waiting rooms and aisles. We then waited another hour or so. They didn't start boarding priority until after noon, but from what I understand this wasn't the norm. We never found out what the problem was - they did bring in the dogs and law enforcement to walk down all of the rows of chairs in the second room they took us into, so maybe that was the issue. We heard everything from a new computer program to some problem during disembarkation.

I'm going back again at the end of January. Have to drive from Central Florida that morning so I'll probably get to the port around 10-ish again (want to leave home early enough to have some leeway just in case), so I'm totally hoping to get onboard much earlier - I haven't been Platinum for too long and still get excited about the "get on early" perk.

I worked on board a ship about 10 years ago... and believe me... EVERYONE is doing their very best to get guests on and off as quickly and smoothly as possible. It is not in anyone's best interest not to take this process seriously. If you know of a better way to do this, you would probably be a superstar - free cruises for life if you told them ;)

URGH!!! We sailed out 2 weeks ago on Breeze and embarkation was pure he**!! We arrived at the port at 11am, but they did not even begin boarding until 1pm. We finally walked on at 1:25pm. Complete nightmare in the terminal that day!! :mad::mad:

I did look at your post, and just getting 4000 people off the ship takes a couple of hours minimum. And that's the easy part. With getting them back on, registering them, getting the billing set up, getting them their S&S cards (remember the first time you Sailed, how you probably did know that you had to give them a CC # or give them a Driver's license or passport). Something always gets forgotten or screwed up.

Then get them all through security safely and together (don't forget all those old people that need help in the wheelchairs- and some not so old, just buffet browsers). Then to heard them all through one entrance on the ship so Carnival knows exactly who is and is not on the ship (would hate to have a stowaway, either left over from the last cruise or some illegal trying for a free vacation), then we would have to divert the ship back to port to drop them off and ruin the rest of the cruise for you and me.

I still think they do pretty good for a 8 hr turn around.

I certainly don't mind it, because I AM GOING ON VACATION!!!!:D

Stowaways were one thing I know can hold up boarding though I'm sure it doesn't happen every week. We were talking to a cruise director staff member on Allure and we commented that on such a big ship, keeping track of everyone would be tricky. He told us that some time before, they had a couple of people who were essentially hiding and not disembarking at the end of the cruise. They were eventually found but it took awhile and really held up boarding. People are crazy.