Retailers selling Carnival gift cards?

scissorhappygrl

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of ours gave each of us a Carnival gift card for Christmas. I think she got them at Kroger here in southwest Ohio.

I see that my Credit Card company offers Carnival Gift Cards also. Do you know if they can be used to buy cruise cash, towards Sail and Sign, etc. or is it only for payment of the cruise? I have already paid for the cruise and would love to be able to get them for cruise cash. Thanks for your help and happy cruising. Bonnie

This is what the T&C indicate when I view the details of the egift card on my CC portal.

Treat this e-card like cash. E-card recipient bears all risk of loss in the event this e-card, or its information, is lost, stolen, damaged or used without e-cardholder's permission. In no event is CCL Gifts, LLC or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate responsible or required to replace any e-card value. Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Complete terms and conditions available at carnival.com/giftcardterms. Use of this e-card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. This e-card does not expire. Digital gift card is non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

I don't know if the part in ALL CAPS means that I can't use them toward final payment through my TA?

I checked with my TA as to what I can use the gift cards for, and she said pretty much everything except the initial deposit. Don't know why that is.

Roz

It may just be how their system works. I know if I purchase a cruise online through an online TA, there is only a credit card payment option to make the deposit.

Has anyone in San Antonio, Texas found the cards? We do not have a Krogers in the area. The closest one is in Houston. I called one Lowe's location and they denied having them. I have yet to get out drive around to see for myself. I may do that tomorrow. I was hoping that others may have found them in this area.

We received 2 $100 Carnival Gift Cards at Christmas. Where on the ship can we use these? Can we have them added to our sign and sail cards? if so, how do we do this?

Thanks

Take them to guest services when you get on board and they will apply them to your sail & sign account.

• 5 months later...