Do we have to order drinks on our own cards?

morbihan

I know. Strange. As we never got a free anything last cruise, we are, of course, thrilled to have the 123 beverage and tips package. When I was on the Celebrity site the other day - no, still don't exist - they seem to automatically send me an invoice and I spotted that we both had the free drinks.

Do we have to buy our own drink? Use both cards?

Or can my husband "treat" me and get both drinks?

You will need to give them both cards.

When I was feeling particularly thirsty, I would get 2 bottles of beer using both cards, the waiters didn't care as long as you have the right amount of cards.

sits back and waits for the criticism

Righto. Thanks for that.

Is there a spending limit as in a bathtub of gin per day? Ha ha. Stress only joking!

Nope, as long as drinks are not brought to close together you will be ok. Check your bill for any that have been added.

And you will see that the staff still comes around and asks you if you want another drink as soon as they see your glass getting close to empty.

My wife sometimes ordered a Martini at the Martini bar... the bartender always left the whole shaker standing there - good for three glasses. When I told him he should swipe the card for it, he just smiled :)

You will need to give them both cards.

When I was feeling particularly thirsty, I would get 2 bottles of beer using both cards, the waiters didn't care as long as you have the right amount of cards.

sits back and waits for the criticism

Nothing wrong with that!

Apparently the staff is taught to monitor pretty closely if anyone is sharing drinks. Some posters have written that they were "spoken to" if they tried to give someone else a taste, or gave away a drink that they ordered but didn't like. Some have even said that they were quite embarrassed by this in front of other cruisers, making them feel that they were attempting to defraud. I haven't seen this myself, but just keep it in mind.

Apparently the staff is taught to monitor pretty closely if anyone is sharing drinks. Some posters have written that they were "spoken to" if they tried to give someone else a taste, or gave away a drink that they ordered but didn't like. Some have even said that they were quite embarrassed by this in front of other cruisers, making them feel that they were attempting to defraud. I haven't seen this myself, but just keep it in mind.

Please share these posts :rolleyes:

The staff are not watching as closely as all the holy rollers think, lol

On all our cruises we found that they are able to determine who is just tasting a drink and who is cheating. IMHO if the staff "spoke to" someone about that, as was mentioned before, they had a reason for it.

Unfortunately you find people cheating on almost anything... and crying about prices going up after...

Thank you all. I won't be drinking that much as I have to fit into my clothes and I eat more than usual. There is a limit to the times I walk round the jogging track. Sooo boring. Nice views though.

Sometimes I just get a taste and off I go. Only happens once as I don't like suffering the next day after being an idiot. Still, I might fall in with a group and it is amazing how much you can drink whilst having a good time talking and laughing.

I will be on holiday after all:D

On all our cruises we found that they are able to determine who is just tasting a drink and who is cheating. IMHO if the staff "spoke to" someone about that, as was mentioned before, they had a reason for it.

Unfortunately you find people cheating on almost anything... and crying about prices going up after...

To refer to it as cheating is too polite. It is stealing.

No. He needs to bring both cards when he orders the drinks. This avoids people cheating the system by 'buying' drinks for passengers who do not have the package,

So presumably buying a round for friends enjoying a drink together is now a thing of the past.

How unsociable!

Edited by terrierjohn

So presumably buying a round for friends enjoying a drink together is now a thing of the past. How unsociable!

I think you can BUY a round of drinks anytime you like. :D

Or can my husband "treat" me and get both drinks?

Of course he can 'treat' you, he just needs to bring your card too. Since they're free, it doesn't really matter.

My husband and I had a running joke during the whole cruise as to who was going to 'buy' the next round.

Cheers!