Best menu items at La Cucina? Any favorites?

Rehr

La Cucina seems neglected in reviews. We sail on the Pearl this Tuesday for our first time on NCL and was hoping if anyone could share what they found enjoyable? We obviously want to use our promo. Thank you!

Book so you can watch the sunset - this is a great place to enjoy the end of the day! The osso buco was one of the best meals on the ship; nearly rings the "to die for" bell!

The bread with the dipping oils is phenomenal..

Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

I've said this a dozen times here at CC--

I like that La Cucina isn't well received around CC. Why the bad reputation? I really can't explain it. But it keeps the masses out of there and that's how I like it! It's never busy, you can always just walk right in and get a decent seat by the window, it's always nice and quiet (usually, sometimes there might be a large party going on on the other end, but that's okay), and the service is always prompt and friendly. Plus, they have the best steak onboard.

The biggest complaint I've heard was about the pizza. That's only because most ordinary average people think Dominos or Pizza Hutt or a frozen DiGiornio is the pinnacle of pizza cuisine. They look at La Cucina's pizza in disgust - "the crust is too thin!!!...there's hardly any sauce!!!...ewww, it's got olives on it!!!!...it needs more cheese!!!". It's like listening to my daughter when she was 7 years old.

Osso Bucco is the best I've ever had. Had it now on three different ships and always the best.

Is it on the STAR and all the NCL ships?

Chicken Parm was my favorite, but I am certainly going to try Osso Bucco on my upcoming cruise in January. I never had this dish! :)

We usually dine in La Cucina twice on each cruise....we will do the same on our next cruise as well.

We took the Specialty Dinner Package!!

Don

we tried La Cucina on Norwegian Epic and we loved it

bread & oil

p1000558.jpg?w=225&h=170

Carpaccio

p1000574.jpg?w=225&h=170

Calamari

p1000573.jpg?w=225&h=170

Pasta

p1000577.jpg?w=225&h=170

Rib-Eye

p1000589.jpg?w=225&h=170

Chicken Parmesan

p1000591.jpg?w=225&h=170

everything was really good !! only too much ;-)

we are looking forward to our next cruise in march, so we can try and join it again on the Jade...

So I know La Cucina isn't everyone's favorite specialty restaurant but we booked during the Freestyle Choice promotion and got free dining for La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney's... There has been lots of recommended items I've found through searching for the other restaurants but La Cucina seems neglected in reviews. We sail on the Pearl this Tuesday for our first time on NCL and was hoping if anyone could share what they found enjoyable? We obviously want to use our promo. Thank you!

There is a sausage and spaghetti dish - I did not think I would like it so they bought us a taster portion - delicious!!!!!!

This was a great thread and thank you to all who contributed!

Our Roll Call group is having a "Celebratory and Get Together Dinner" at La Cucina on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise on the STAR and I will share this with them!! :)

Don

Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

I've said this a dozen times here at CC--

I like that La Cucina isn't well received around CC. Why the bad reputation? I really can't explain it. But it keeps the masses out of there and that's how I like it! It's never busy, you can always just walk right in and get a decent seat by the window, it's always nice and quiet (usually, sometimes there might be a large party going on on the other end, but that's okay), and the service is always prompt and friendly. Plus, they have the best steak onboard.

The biggest complaint I've heard was about the pizza. That's only because most ordinary average people think Dominos or Pizza Hutt or a frozen DiGiornio is the pinnacle of pizza cuisine. They look at La Cucina's pizza in disgust - "the crust is too thin!!!...there's hardly any sauce!!!...ewww, it's got olives on it!!!!...it needs more cheese!!!". It's like listening to my daughter when she was 7 years old.

definitely shows varies from ship to ship-had Bolognese pizza which had a thick doughy base ,too much cheese and had lumps of meat balls instead of smooth tomato and mince sauce

this was on the Jade and we waited 40 minutes from ordering to getting starter!-was definitely enough to put us off the restaurant

What is Osso buco?

Veal shanks braised in a herbed white wine sauce. I don't know how it's presented in La Cucina but will find out in less than 2 weeks.

posted from my N7 FHD via Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

+1 for the Osso Buco. The bread and dipping oil was delicious too. We had the Insalata Caprese as one of our starters and it was so good (slices of tomatoes and fresh mozzarella drizzled with olive oil).

I'm hoping to try La Cucina on the next cruise. I've read other reviews that said the Osso Bucco is very good. That's definitely what I'll be trying.

And I'll probably go for the tiramisu for dessert since that's my favorite in Italian restaurants.

I had the Osso Bucco last month on the Breakaway. I have to say it was my least favorite dish out of everything we ate on the ship, and we ate in specialty restaurants every night. I felt that while it was very tender, it was very bland. Although that may be because we make it ourselves at home and I love ours. The spicy pizza and calamari were quite good, but Teppanyaki had hands down the best calamari we've ever tasted.

Edited by ncklhaus