Best menu items at La Cucina? Any favorites?

Rehr

So I know La Cucina isn't everyone's favorite specialty restaurant but we booked during the Freestyle Choice promotion and got free dining for La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney's... There has been lots of recommended items I've found through searching for the other restaurants but La Cucina seems neglected in reviews. We sail on the Pearl this Tuesday for our first time on NCL and was hoping if anyone could share what they found enjoyable? We obviously want to use our promo. Thank you!

I enjoy the food in LA Cucina. I e eaten the salmon and pasta. I've seen the pizza and it looks delicious. With that being said, we go for dessert. My favorite is the affair to (ice cream and espresso) and my mom's is the pancotta. Whatever you eat I'm sure you will enjoy your meal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I'm hoping to try La Cucina on the next cruise. I've read other reviews that said the Osso Bucco is very good. That's definitely what I'll be trying.

And I'll probably go for the tiramisu for dessert since that's my favorite in Italian restaurants.

While La Cucina was not our favorite on the Epic and the Getaway, we were pleasantly surprised on the Jewel two weeks ago. One of the best meals we had all week. I had the penne with tomato sauce and the DH had the lobster fettuccine. For starters I had the calamari and he had the bruschetta. Dessert was the affogato and coffee. Really, really good.

I always enjoyed La Cucina and last cruise my friends indulged me and joined me for dinner there

It took a lot of convincing because they never liked it

They were pleasantly surprised and we all had a great meal

Food everyone enjoyed

Try the veal osso bucco

It was deliscious

My favorites are the Seared Salmon on white beans and the osso buco. Both are excellent. Also, the carpaccio and the bread with different oils are wonderful. I also enjoy the affogato. Have never tried their pasta or pizza. I know a lot of people don't seem to like La Cucina, but it is probably my favorite, and I have been there on all of my cruises.:D

As someone else alluded to, it depends on the ship. We ate at La Cucina on the BA and loved it. It was one of our favorites - especially the pizza appetizers and the osso bucco. That being said, we then ate at La Cucina on the Sun and we didn't find it as good. The pizza was different (i.e. we didn't like it as much), and the osso bucco was much fattier, though that could also have been the result of their suppliers.

Going on the BA in 7 weeks and have already booked La Cucina!

I always enjoyed La Cucina and last cruise my friends indulged me and joined me for dinner there

It took a lot of convincing because they never liked it

They were pleasantly surprised and we all had a great meal

Food everyone enjoyed

Try the veal osso bucco

It was deliscious

Yes, yes, yes! The Veal Osso Bucco was amazing.

Hubby ordered spaghetti with some sausage, and after he tasted my entree, he immediately said, "You win." It was amazing. I tried his spaghetti and it was find -- just not nearly as spectacular as my veal (and I normally don't order veal).

The steak is rib eye and is outstanding..........every bit as good as Cagney's:)

My thoughts exactly. I had one on the Epic that was better than any steak I've ever been served at Cagneys. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had.

EDIT. to answer the OP - we always liked their Caesar Salad. I know it's so much of a standard anywhere nowadays that it's never anything special, but La Cucina does it very well...the entire wedge of romaine lettuce, shaved Parmesan cheese (very sharp taste, definitely not the cheap Kraft stuff you see in the grocery store), not overloaded with croutons, no bacon bits that I can remember (they don't belong on a Caesar anyways) and drizzled with the most perfect Caesar dressing ever. (And they always ask if you want anchovies with it.)

Edited by rajones007

The pizza as an appetizer was really good (we had the Bolognese). The best part was that we had about half left over and had that boxed up so DH could have it for breakfast the next day. On Breakaway, the way they work that is they will put the pizza in a box and deliver it to your room later that night once the restaurant has closed. Had to do some shuffling around in the fridge, but we got it to fit.

I've had the Osso Bucco twice, the chicken parm once and the salmon with white beans. DW has had the pasta with meatballs twice and the lasagna twice and I have her talked into having the ribeye on our next cruise while I'm waffling between the lobster fellucini and having another go at the Osso Buco. I imagine the shrimp risotto is better than the Cagney's lunch risotto and so it would be very good too.

So far I'd recommend the Osso Buco and chicken parm.

We had the pizza as an appetizer; it was very good.

I had the lobster fettuccini; it was good. I had the tiramisu for dessert; it was very good. JMO.

Enjoy it, was a nice dining experience.

Does the lobster pasta actually have lobster or just lobster sauce?