Upsell program

csk

I have read about some people getting an email to call regarding a upsell for a coming cruise, do you have to wait for that email or can you call the week before the sailing, our cruise is Monday and they have lots of cabins available

Thanks!!

The Upsell offers come from a different department on Princess. So calling, getting a regular rep. will just give you their current pricing for that cabin. I don't know the number as my travel agent got the email. One and only time I got an upsell offer. She had been out of town for a couple of days. When she saw it, asked me if I was interested and I said yes. She called that special number, no one answers, you leave message and they call back. However, I was out of luck, when they called her back all the upsell cabins were already gone.

The Upsell offers come from a different department on Princess. So calling, getting a regular rep. will just give you their current pricing for that cabin. I don't know the number as my travel agent got the email. One and only time I got an upsell offer. She had been out of town for a couple of days. When she saw it, asked me if I was interested and I said yes. She called that special number, no one answers, you leave message and they call back. However, I was out of luck, when they called her back all the upsell cabins were already gone.

This is a problem with some TAs. If I missed an upsell I really wanted because my TA was 'out of town' I would be looking for a new TA. I booked a short cruise over the weekend and sent my TA an email letting him know I had booked it and that I want to transfer it to his agency. I sent the mail on Sunday and got a reply almost right away. I know he is out of town but he still keeps an eye on his business.

Edited by Thrak

You have to wait for the e-mail. I got one for my upcoming cruise( finally..first time and I'm elite) and could not take advantage of the offer since traveling with family and have 3 connecting balcony's booked on Caribe. One adult, one minor per cabin and it didn't make sense to take upsell and split group up. I've sailed in suites before but I always booked and paid the premium price.... first time offered an upsell! Hope it happens again on an upcoming cruise where I can take advantage of the great deal!

We received one about a week and a half ago. As others have noted you receive it by email (much like the emergency notifications) and you must call someone in the yield management department. They give you the phone number and extension to call. No one really answers the phone, you leave a voice mail message and are instructed to leave only one message. I called late in the afternoon and got a call back the next morning. And yes, I was doing the happy dance afterwards!!! ;)

This is the first time we'd ever received an offer like this. In fact we had booked a mini-suite for the first time (we always book balconies). Our offer was for mini-suite to full suite upgrades. According to our roll call they have now offered a balcony to mini-suite upsell. I just hope this doesn't spoil us for future cruises. :eek:

Thanks everyone, you are right, called and just got the going rate , then today received an email offering an upsell, called and left message, hope they call back when I am not at work.

when is the cruise that you just got the upsell for? Im just wondering if they tend to come closer to booking or closer to sailing? right before sailing?

Ours came six and a half weeks prior to our cruise and the others on our roll call received the second offer about a week later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when is the cruise that you just got the upsell for? Im just wondering if they tend to come closer to booking or closer to sailing? right before sailing?

Ours leaves the 15th and we got the offer on Sunday the 2nd, so a little less than 2 weeks ahead. I think they tend to come pretty close to sailing.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the call today from Princess, they upgraded us to a balcony from an inside for $79 each and I got to choose our cabin, got one off the back of the ship love those cabins, it will be great cruise, we are celebrating our 43th Anniversary!!

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I knew how to get an upsell. We were offered one in the past on the Grand, though this cruise I booked with a TA. I would guess we are out of luck. Though we leave in 2 days, I still see a suite available and a few mini-suites available. I would take an offer if I could manage to get one.

I wish I knew how to get an upsell. We were offered one in the past on the Grand, though this cruise I booked with a TA. I would guess we are out of luck. Though we leave in 2 days, I still see a suite available and a few mini-suites available. I would take an offer if I could manage to get one.

Call your TA or Princess directly and ask if any upsells are available. You have nothing to lose!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Call your TA or Princess directly and ask if any upsells are available. You have nothing to lose!

No, that won't work. The offers come from the yield management department and aren't available through the normal customer service organization. If you call customer service they'll simply offer you the price difference between the categories.