B2B Ship Access

MTNestr

Yes. Our cabin person also said if we didn't mind, ours would be the last cabin he does, so the others would be ready for new passengers. We did have to gather in the dining room at 10:30 and be led off at Fort Lauderdale but we got back on pretty quick.

At the end of the first leg of a B2B Cruise when most people are waiting to get off the ship do B2Bers have access to the full ship including their cabin (we have the same cabin for both legs)?

Yes you do have full access to the ship. However at one point in the morning you will be instructed to get off the ship and then get back on. This is done so you can get a new cruise card and everyone including those on BTB are accounted for. The time they ask you to do this will arrive in your cabin on the last day of the first cruise. It's very quick and only takes a few minutes.

Yes. Our cabin person also said if we didn't mind, ours would be the last cabin he does, so the others would be ready for new passengers. We did have to gather in the dining room at 10:30 and be led off at Fort Lauderdale but we got back on pretty quick.

Great! Sounds like a very efficient process.

Were the shops open during this time?

You can also take an excursion on that day as well. Some people that the day to go ashore and buy more wine.The cruise card and in transit card will be in your room the day before. The room steward actually might do your room first , they usually start work at 7AM on turn around day.

On board services will be limited when on turn around day.

Edited by Kamloops50

You are usually given a new cruise card the night prior to the new cruise (your old one will not unlock your door on the new sailing date) You will be asked to meet in a lounge with the rest of the b2b passengers at a time after the other passengers have disembarked. At this point, you will be taken as a group off the ship, through immigration, brought back on board where your new cruise card is scanned and then you are like any other passenger.. anything that is open, is open to you. Your room steward will make up your room usually when you are going through the re-boarding process..

If you are a suite passenger, Sabitini's is not open for breakfast that day.. that's the only thing that you won't be able to use.

Sometimes, taking an excursion is a nice way to go, since there will be lots of confusion and new passengers milling about. If you take that option, you can disembark at excursion time and when you return go through immigration and the new card scanning when the crowds are small..

You are usually given a new cruise card the night prior to the new cruise (your old one will not unlock your door on the new sailing date)

There have been posts by people on some of the ships that were on a B2B in the same cabin that the cruise card they were given on the first segment was good for all segments.

We are booked on a b2b in March with just a guarantee balcony. Is there a chance we will have two separate cabins? Just curious. Also, we are platinum and I was wondering if we will each get 150 minutes for the first 7 days or will we get 250 minutes total since we booked it as a 14 day.

Teri

We are booked on a b2b in March with just a guarantee balcony. Is there a chance we will have two separate cabins? Just curious. Also, we are platinum and I was wondering if we will each get 150 minutes for the first 7 days or will we get 250 minutes total since we booked it as a 14 day.

Teri

When I'm on a B&B I go to the IT Person the night before the first cruise ends and ask if he could move the unused time to the next cruise. Have yet been refused.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

There can be issues ad delays meaning you can't quickly get back on. We were stuck in the terminal in Ft Lauderdale for hours once when they had to deep clean following a noro outbreak. We wished we had planed to go ashore. It was a bore!

Since you booked it as a single cruise (one booking number), you will be assigned the same cabin for both segments.

You will get the platinum benefits separately for each segment, no matter if booked as a single cruise or as two cruises.

Even though you booked it as a single cruise, you can get two cruise credits as you work your way to Elite. If it does not happen automatically, contact Princess after the cruise ends.

We are booked on the royal for two 10 day back to back cruises. We have booked a guarantee and wont know what room we are in until a week before the cruise. What happens if we are not in the same room for the latter cruise. Do we have to put our luggage out or keep it with us. They did say there is a chance we wont be in the same room

Since you booked it as a single cruise (one booking number), you will be assigned the same cabin for both segments.

You will get the platinum benefits separately for each segment, no matter if booked as a single cruise or as two cruises.

Even though you booked it as a single cruise, you can get two cruise credits as you work your way to Elite. If it does not happen automatically, contact Princess after the cruise ends.

During the 2nd leg of your b2b see the Captains Circle Host onboard the ship and explain that you are doing a b2b. They will make sure you get the second cruise credit. I have done that and found it easier than contacting Princess after the cruise.

We have done b2b and so far gave always kept the same cruise card. Our two 14 days (2 seven days each) as platinum gave us 250 minutes each on the Internet. Our stock holder credit gave us the full $250 as if it was a 14 day. I wasn't able to get the circle person to make it two cruises but Princess did when I called later.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We have done b2b and so far gave always kept the same cruise card. Our two 14 days (2 seven days each) as platinum gave us 250 minutes each on the Internet. Our stock holder credit gave us the full $250 as if it was a 14 day. I wasn't able to get the circle person to make it two cruises but Princess did when I called later.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

When I look at "My Princess" it already shows 2 credits for my B2B (booked as 1 cruise).

When we did b2b last December on the Ruby, the people who moved cabins for the second cruise reported that their Internet minutes did not transfer. Ours did since we stayed in the same cabin. I never tried using the cruise card from our first card in our cabin door. When we left the ship with the group of other passengers doing b2b cruises, the security folks scanned our old cruise cards. When we got back on, they scanned in our new ones, which we had received the day before.

We're booked for b2b cruises on the Caribbean next month. Both legs are booked as guarantees. I'll be happy to get on the ship, even if I know we'll have to change cabins after the first leg. We'll get our second Elite mini bar setup to help us celebrate.

We are booked on the royal for two 10 day back to back cruises. We have booked a guarantee and wont know what room we are in until a week before the cruise. What happens if we are not in the same room for the latter cruise. Do we have to put our luggage out or keep it with us. They did say there is a chance we wont be in the same room

If you need to change cabins, you will need to pack all except the hanging clothes in your suitcases. The cabin steward will take care of moving the hanging clothes and the suitcases, etc. to your new cabin. Be sure to empty the cabin safe.

If you need to change cabins on a B2B, ask your room steward what you need to pack. Last time I had to change cabins I had to pack the bathroom and all surface items, but not the drawers. The room steward took the drawers on the trolley along with the hanging clothes, and exchanged them for the empty ones in the other cabin. Easy Peasy.

M.

If you need to change cabins, you will need to pack all except the hanging clothes in your suitcases. The cabin steward will take care of moving the hanging clothes and the suitcases, etc. to your new cabin. Be sure to empty the cabin safe.

Just returned from a B2B on the CB. We had the same cabin. Didn't get a new cruise card, account was not closed out, Internet Minutes did roll over.

Even with 520 B2Ber's it was pretty smooth. We did wait in the terminal a little bit as the last two passengers were rounded up. Everyone waiting in the terminal first gave a great applause, then a big round of boos followed. But the immediately started reboarding us.