what time can i get back to the airport from the oasis

pj woods

I am trying to figure out what time i can book a flight home from the oasis of the sea to Fort Lauderdale . my choices are 9.30_____ 1030-----or 2.30. I know the 230 is easy but I sure would like to take a earlier flight. Any thought?

Even though you have a bit of a wait at the airport, I vote for 2:30. Either of the other two choices will stick in the back of your mind during the whole cruise making you wonder if you'll have enough time. It's a vacation, I'm guessing, so relax and enjoy it.

We take a 10:20 flight often and we just have to make sure we get off the ship with self disembarkation before the regular people get off. You could,possibly make the 9:30 but for only an hour difference I would probably do the 10:30. If there is a big price difference though, I might do the 9:30.

If everything goes normal, you can be off the ship and in a taxi by 7:15/7:30. IF you are one of the first ones off, which you can do as long as everyone in your group is properly motivated to get up that early.

I have not heard of too many times there being an issue with the oasis class ships. The facility there is so well organized.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We live on the WestCoast & usually take a flight back around that time.

Very easy...no trouble. We always do the 'carry your luggage off' though.

But if I were docking in Miami, with a flight out of there I would be hesitant. Customs take much longer there.

Can you walk off the ship early, managing your own luggage? (You must have one hand free to grasp the handrail of the escalator in the terminal, otherwise you'll be directed to the elevator which often has a long line).

Oasis and Allure have a solid reputation for quick and easy disembarkation at FLL. I wouldn't hesitate to book the 10:30 flight, as long as you can self-disembark.

(We were off the ship and at the taxi stand before 7am)

I am trying to figure out what time i can book a flight home from the oasis of the sea to Fort Lauderdale . my choices are 9.30_____ 1030-----or 2.30. I know the 230 is easy but I sure would like to take a earlier flight. Any thought?

Personally, I would be taking the 2:30. While you MAY be able to make the 10:30am one, you run the risk of not making it. Assuming everything goes exactly right with disembarkation, 10:30 is doable. But, often everything does not go just right. Have disembarked Oasis several times and some were no problem and some were hours upon hours wait. (not speaking of the recent Tag, rather regular disembarkation from a seven night sailing) Notably, Feb 2013, we weren't off the ship till after 11 and not through immigration till almost noon. The Immigration and customs folks took their own sweet time clearing the ship and passengers. This past August, it was smooth as silk, we were off within ten minutes of our assigned times......Personally, I wouldn't risk the early flights and I know worrying about it would stress my last two days. Your choice though.

We sailed the Allure twice, which is similar set up to the Oasis.

We did valet luggage (we dont see luggage till our final destination) , and were in a suite.

We walked off both times at 7:45am.

....got a cab.......driven to airport.......thru security.......

We were sitting at the airport at the departure area with a cup of airport coffee by 8:25.

Yup we were lucky, no delays, no security issues.

We still have to book our flight for after 11:30 to use valet service

Good luck

Sea Ya

If you can do self debarkation, 9:30 is usually no problem. Oasis and Allure have their own terminal which is best in the world at getting passengers on and off the ship. Self debarkation begin as early as 6:15.

If not doing self debarkation, 10:30 is usually no problem. Just be sure to have an early tag

Anything can happen cause delays, but not the norm.

Every year we fly out on the first flight available. This year we are on the 8:10 am. We are off the ship at 6:15, through security and customs by 6:30, and at the airport (via $20 cab) by 6:45. Plenty of time to spare. If you don't mind getting up early, this is a great way to beat the crowds and get home a bit earlier.

Here's my observations from disembarkment last Saturday from Oasis. DH and I had Tag # 22 with a projected disembarkment time of 8:30 - 8:45 am. Our flight was to depart FLL at 1 pm, but I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time. There were 5 total ships in port. Our number wasn't called until about 9 am. The line from the ship to the baggage claim was long. After getting your luggage, you then get into another line for customs. There were 6 custom officers working. We got out of the port, took a cab and arrived at FLL at about 10:15.

Southwest did not allow us to check in our bags in the terminal until 2 hours prior to scheduled departure time. You can probably check in your bags earlier with the Skycap or at a location in the lower level of the airport. We chose to wait rather than to drag our bags outside. After checking in our bags, there was a very long line to the TSA security checkpoint. We only had 20 minutes to grab some food before they started lining people up for boarding. It was an ordeal at the airport. If I had to do it over again, I would've booked a mid-morning flight and did the self debarkation.

Here's another suggestion - don't book a shuttle to go from port to airport. I was hit up for a shuttle service which charged $11 pp. It cost only $12.50 for cab fare from Port Everglades to FLL and you don't have to wait until the shuttle fills up. There are plenty of cabs available.

Enjoy your cruise!

Here's my observations from disembarkment last Saturday from Oasis. DH and I had Tag # 22 with a projected disembarkment time of 8:30 - 8:45 am. Our flight was to depart FLL at 1 pm, but I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time. There were 5 total ships in port. Our number wasn't called until about 9 am. The line from the ship to the baggage claim was long. After getting your luggage, you then get into another line for customs. There were 6 custom officers working. We got out of the port, took a cab and arrived at FLL at about 10:15.

Southwest did not allow us to check in our bags in the terminal until 2 hours prior to scheduled departure time. You can probably check in your bags earlier with the Skycap or at a location in the lower level of the airport. We chose to wait rather than to drag our bags outside. After checking in our bags, there was a very long line to the TSA security checkpoint. We only had 20 minutes to grab some food before they started lining people up for boarding. It was an ordeal at the airport. If I had to do it over again, I would've booked a mid-morning flight and did the self debarkation.

Here's another suggestion - don't book a shuttle to go from port to airport. I was hit up for a shuttle service which charged $11 pp. It cost only $12.50 for cab fare from Port Everglades to FLL and you don't have to wait until the shuttle fills up. There are plenty of cabs available.

Enjoy your cruise!

2 hrs makes no sense at all. If security was delayed, half the fliers would miss their flights.

Last time I was in FLL you could check in 3 hrs before and 4 hrs downstairs.

Edited by SeaUs

2 hrs makes no sense at all. If security was delayed, half the fliers would miss their flights.

Last time I was in FLL you could check in 3 hrs before and 4 hrs downstairs.

It was 4 hours for us last time, and that was Southwest.

We got the short end of the stick from Southwest last Saturday that's for sure. This was the third time we've used FLL and the lines were the worst. I don't know why we were limited to 2 hrs but we were and it made for very little time to get food to tie us over a cross country flight home.